How long has it taken you to get where you are?

Options

Replies

• VanessaHeartsMasr
    Options
    I know it's not a BIG amount, but I'm on my 100th day of MFP and I've lost 24 pounds so far. :)
  • cindybowcut
    cindybowcut Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I started August 2011, when I was diagnosed diabetic. I started at 200lbs and am now 146lbs. I still have between 20-25lbs to go. I haven't lost anything since August so I am doing well at maintaining. When I was diagnosed diabetic I was taking Metformin once a day. I haven't been on my medication since April when I got my numbers under control.
  • jcjsjones
    jcjsjones Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    I seriously started on January 1, 2012. I have plateaued over the past 1 1 /2 months, but I have been working hard to break it. I still have about 25# to lose, and I am hoping to be finished by May of next year.
  • scrapbookdiva2
    Options
    It took me about 1 full year to get to my "goal" which kept changing - of 60 lb loss ( 55-60) is my maint range. I have now been nearly 1 full year maintaining, and am thrilled with how MFP helps keep me in line!
  • scrapbookdiva2
    Options
    amazing! Congrats!
  • scrapbookdiva2
    Options
    Fantastic! I agree slow and steady is the long term change in lifestyle! Great job
  • steph1014
    Options
    Congradulations to everyone on their goals. You all look AMAZING!! :happy:

It has taken me 5 years to lose 130lbs. I started this when I was 21 and weighing 330 lbs. I started my journey without this beautiful tool and learned many lessons along my journey the hard way. I would say that I have changed as a person inside and out. I now LOVE who I am and even though I still have about 67lbs to go before I reach my healthy goal weight there is absolutely NOTHING that I would change. It has shown me that I am capable of anything that I put my mind to. Yes, there were times that I lost motivation, but I always regained it by looking in the mirror and reminding myself why I was doing it.

**SIde Note**

I hope that no one minds but I put a link in my blog on here so that everyone that reads it will be able to see that it IS possible to reach the goals that you set for yourself and that every journey is different. Please feel free to message me if you don't want me it in the blog anymore and I will respect your wishes and take it out. Thank you all for sharing your journey with us. :bigsmile:
  • annebubbles
    annebubbles Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I have been walking & eating healthy for one year & 2 weeks & I have lost 70 pounds.
  • sistergirl55
    Options
    it take 6months
  • fsutony
    Options
    started dieting after thanksgiving last year and joined a gym in February.

so it almost been a year
  • blakejohn
    blakejohn Posts: 1,129 Member
    Options
    it's taken me 45 years. but to get into shape it takes about 10 weeks
  • SlinkyPinkyBunsOfSteel
    Options
    I weighed 191lbs on Jun 2011. I got down to 183lbs, then joined MFP on 30th August '11. I now weigh 139.6lbs. It has taken me about 17 months for me to lose 51.4lbs. I still have 10.6lbs to go, to reach my goal of 129lbs. :)
  • Michelle060413
    Options
    Bump...motivating!
  • nathan6878
    nathan6878 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    After going through cancer surgery close to about two years ago I put on a lot of weight!!! So I basically told myself that I was going to lose this weight and so it pretty much has taken me close to two years to get down to my goal weight!! A combo of this site and weight watchers has helped me really lose all the weight I want!!!
  • Ransom_G
    Ransom_G Posts: 2,068 Member
    Options
    Today I realized what I once only thought of as a dream. An affirmation that all of my efforts are paying off.

Years of fast food and a sedentary lifestyle as a truck driver had taken it's toll. Approximately nine months ago I went to my doctors office for a routine check up and weighed in at 447 lbs. Three more pounds and my doctors scale would not have even been capable of weighing me. Something had to give.

I'm the type of person that once I set my mind to do something I will do it. Finally deciding to do it might take a while, but once I've committed myself to it I will. Four years ago I went from smoking two packs a day to quiting cold turkey. As difficult as that was it pales to the amount of determination it's taken to stick to this diet at times.

However, this morning when I stepped onto the scale and it read 298 lbs it gave me one of the biggest feelings of accomplishment I've ever had. I know I still have a long road ahead of me, but at this moment I feel like I can do anything.
  • satoshieyes
    Options
    About a year and a half to lose the majority of it... Only 26 years to gain it all.
  • KBM51
    KBM51 Posts: 8
    Options
    started 9/21/2012 at 299 and have lost 34 pounds in about 55 days by just logging what i eat on this site and staying under the calorie goal every day...I drink nothing but water. Have not really exercised yet but am starting to feel more energetic and hope the pace will continue or maybe even increase as i begin to walk and do some weight training to tighten up my body.
    Good luck to you and everyone out there.
  • TiffanyGallegly
    Options
    I began in March 2012 weighing app.238 (I haven't used this site the whole time) now its Nov. 2012 and I weigh 198. That's a 40 lb loss in 8 months and 13 total inches.

I stopped drinking everything except water! Every once in a while when I fixed my husband tea or something; I would take a drink.
    I began eating better (1200 cal. per day) and walking. I started out taking 30 mins to walk a mile...now I can do it in 18 minutes!!

I'm now at a loss stand still but every one is telling me its normal and not to let it discourage me...so I'm not. My goal weight is 150-160 and I know I can do it.
  • SafioraLinnea
    SafioraLinnea Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    I started originally in June of 2011, weighing 204 pounds. In 3 months I lost 20 pounds on a crash diet that left me feeling cranky most of the time. I stopped it in October 2011 after maintaining the same weight for 3 weeks and returned to my old habits. I gained back 16 of those pounds between October 2011 and May 2012.

In May 2012, I got real with myself, and kicked my butt into the healthy lifestyle mindset. I dropped 12 pounds in May with diet alone (counting calories, attention to balancing my macros of meals, massively increasing my green vegetable intake, minimal sugar/sweets, dropping most processed foods, drinking mostly water).

In June 2012, I started exercising. I started slow with brisk walking 30 minutes daily, 3 days a week. By July I built up to 450 minutes a week of cardio (run/walk intervals or rollerblading outside, or wii fit boxing, step aerobics, or elliptical running indoors) and strength training (pushups, chin ups, situps, squats, lunges, and kettlebell swing). At the end of July I had lost a total of 22 pounds and 18 inches off my entire body. My muscles visible in my arms and legs, and there was substantial abdomen shape changes.

The last week in July I had (relatively minor) leg surgery which resulted in complications. Those complications required my weight loss to slow down substantially. Between the date of surgery and today, I've only lost 8 additional pounds and I am 2 pounds up from my lowest adult weight since I started losing. (That's me, keeping it completely honest) I'm currently working on upping my exercise back to pre-surgery levels, after finally getting the go ahead from my physician 2 weeks ago.

Total loss to date: 30 pounds (I didn't find MFP until late May, so the ticker isn't 100% accurate for total weight lost)
    Goal: 32 more pounds lost

For the record, With the exception of the first two weeks in May, (when I lost 6 pounds and 3 pounds respectively) I honestly only lost between 0.6 and 1.5 pounds per week. Slow and steady definitely will win this race for me!
  • AggieFan2011
    AggieFan2011 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Bump. These stories are all so motivating! As a newcomer to MFP it's so encouraging to hear everyone's success stories! Thanks so much for sharing. :smile:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!