So im upset..........so what right?

Options
So i was at my desk at work and... No let me start by saying ... ok i cant explain it right without getting the wrong response, not that im looking for a "certain" response. Fine ill just say it like it happened. A co-worker walked in my office and was talking about something ( i dont remember) and then said he was so mad because he stopped going to the gym and needed to start again. I said the holidays are here its easy to get off track. He then said well its not even that its the weight ive put on and then said he wanted to go on a diet. Then i said thats one thing i will never do is "go on a diet" . He then said BULL *kitten* your always on a diet all you eat is healthy stuff and organic stuff! I said excuse me! That is a lifestyle and a choice not a diet!! He then said , Oh whatever, its A DIET! ... So the fat girl in the office is always on a diet!? Whatever i hate people!!

Replies

• rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    That sounds like a really strange conversation.

Sorry you're upset.
  • crazyellybean
    crazyellybean Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    Let them think whatever they want, who cares... you know what you are doing is the best for your body and your life!
  • sugarlips1980
    sugarlips1980 Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    He just doesn't get the philosophy of what you're doing, which is making permanent lifestyle changes. That's his problem!
  • drewols
    Options
    This is what you are so upset about?
  • KittieLea
    KittieLea Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    What a jerk! Look at my profile pic, that sexiness right there should cheer you up!:flowerforyou:
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    LOL "MAKE THE STUPID PEOPLE SHUT UP" LOL OLOLOLO I REALLY LIFE YOUR PROFILE PIC.
  • fitblondebaker22
    Options
    Some people think because t as lettuce or veggies, it's a diet. I agree. It's a lifestyle change and not a diet. Just ignore the other person and do your thing :)
  • 2012asv
    2012asv Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    i can see how others perceive this as a "diet" but that's because they just don't know any better yet. What a narrow minded *kitten*. This is why I prefer not to talk about this stuff with people. :grumble:
  • Cptrob
    Cptrob Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    next time you see him remind him that technically speaking we are all on a diet! A healthy diet, a crappy diet, etc.. Everyones daily macros = their diet.
  • kenazfehu
    kenazfehu Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    As far as I'm concerned, 100% of everybody is on a "diet". We all make food choices, right?
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    I agree it's an odd conversation.

But at the same time, you might need to thicken your skin up a bit. To me it sounds like he has a lot of respect for what you are doing and the fact that HE considers it a diet just goes to show how much of a challenge HE thinks it would be.
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options

Uh......

*leaves*
  • Natihilator
    Natihilator Posts: 1,778 Member
    Options
    di·et/ˈdī-it/
    Noun: The kinds of food that a person, animal, or community habitually eats.
    Verb: Restrict oneself to small amounts or special kinds of food in order to lose weight: "it is difficult to diet in a house full of cupcakes".

People have differing definitions of the word "diet". Some people (like you I'm assuming) equate it with crash dieting or following a regimented eating plan, while others just look at it as mindful, healthy eating. I have done a lifestyle change with my eating habits, but I'll still look at something and think "Hmm, shouldn't have that, it's not very diet". I don't think you should be insulted by your co-worker pointing out that you eat healthy and organic. You just use the word "diet" differently than him.
  • joskrin4
    joskrin4 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Basic definition of "diet" from the dictionary: Food and drink regularly provided or consumed. Habitual nourishment.

Let it go. He was uptight about something and you got the bad end of it.
  • Natihilator
    Natihilator Posts: 1,778 Member
    Options
    LOL "MAKE THE STUPID PEOPLE SHUT UP" LOL OLOLOLO I REALLY LIFE YOUR PROFILE PIC.

:laugh:
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    my head hurts
  • Pixi_Rex
    Pixi_Rex Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    Well Techinically speaking it is a diet.
    di·et 1 (dt)
    n.
    1. The usual food and drink of a person or animal.
    2. A regulated selection of foods, as for medical reasons or cosmetic weight loss.
    3. Something used, enjoyed, or provided regularly: subsisted on a diet of detective novels during his vacation.
    adj.
    1. Of or relating to a food regimen designed to promote weight loss in a person or an animal: the diet industry.
    a. Having fewer calories.
    b. Sweetened with a noncaloric sugar substitute.
    3. Designed to reduce or suppress the appetite: diet pills; diet drugs.
    v. di·et·ed, di·et·ing, di·ets
    v.intr.
    To eat and drink according to a regulated system, especially so as to lose weight or control a medical condition.
    v.tr.
    To regulate or prescribe food and drink for.

We can call it whatever we want but it is a diet... a regular diet of healthy food....
  • _skittybang
    _skittybang Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    tumblr_l7h075Zw6a1qd3ppyo1_400.gif

Pancakes. The beginning and end to all of the world's problems.

Wait, what?
  • KrazyAsianNic
    KrazyAsianNic Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    Strange.. .But way to hold your ground on it being a lifestyle change!
  • newjourney2015
    newjourney2015 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    By looking at your "ticker" you've lost 40 lbs. Keep that up and someday you won't be the fat girl in the office anymore!