So im upset..........so what right?

Options

Replies

• rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Ok i guess the ones who are saying who cares are right ...something in me heard this instaed " YOUR FAT!! YOUR ALWAYS ON A DIET ! ... Binging is so much easier then saying how you feel on here sometimes. :indifferent:
    Listen to the voices in your head less.

They do not care for you and yours...

The voices in my head think you're cool. They tell me to stalk you, but I can't afford the plane ticket.
  • DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    I'd probably just ask him in a few months, preferably while you are eating something healthy, how his diet is going. Thinly veiled snark is always the answer in my book :laugh:
  • gkrishna1
    gkrishna1 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    That is very strange. Hate it when people just assume things because some one is not a size 0!
  • gkrishna1
    gkrishna1 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    :laugh:
    I'd probably just ask him in a few months, preferably while you are eating something healthy, how his diet is going. Thinly veiled snark is always the answer in my book :laugh:
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    In his defense, he might not have had the slightest clue what you were actually trying to tell him...

...because...

...well, you know.
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    In his defense, he might not have had the slightest clue what you were actually trying to tell him...

...because...

...well, you know.

lol
  • Chewster001
    Chewster001 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    next time you see him remind him that technically speaking we are all on a diet! A healthy diet, a crappy diet, etc.. Everyones daily macros = their diet.

^This. I wouldn't have flown off the handle so easily about the terminology. He may have been trying to reach out to you for help making changes in his own diet. Some people (myself included) have trouble getting the point across in a universally acceptable way. It's like having a social handicap. Just pity him.
  • Cranktastic
    Cranktastic Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options

...because...

...well, you know.

lol

agreed
  • jesz124
    jesz124 Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    So he used a different word for what you're doing, it's not the end of the world my little chicken! Cheer up! Just keep going and you'll no longer be the office 'fat girl' (OP phrase not mine!!) just keep ya head down and keep plugging away at this diet game and it will quieten down the voices in your head and the office big mouth ;-)
  • megalin9
    megalin9 Posts: 771 Member
    Options

...because...

...well, you know.

[snort]
  • BaconMD
    BaconMD Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    I like mashed potatoes.
  • angiechimpanzee
    angiechimpanzee Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    This is a HUGE pet peeve of mine. If you're not stuffing your face with cheeseburgers and fries everyday, and instead are choosing healthy, nourishing foods your body needs, then you're "dieting"? Wake up, America! This is how you're SUPPOSED to eat.

Ugh, ignore that loser.
  • MED2012COLORADO
    Options
    Ok i guess the ones who are saying who cares are right ...something in me heard this instaed " YOUR FAT!! YOUR ALWAYS ON A DIET ! ... Binging is so much easier then saying how you feel on here sometimes. :indifferent:
    Listen to the voices in your head less.

They do not care for you and yours...

The voices in my head think you're cool. They tell me to stalk you, but I can't afford the plane ticket.
    Ok you have officially snapped me out of it... I cant stop laughing , this is way to funny . :laugh: THANKS. :flowerforyou:
  • kenazfehu
    kenazfehu Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    By the way, congratulations on the 40-pound loss. I know that is no easy feat.
  • Briko3
    Briko3 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    This is what you are so upset about?

That was my first thought too. It doesn't sound like (from your description) that is what he meant at all.
  • Lisah8969
    Lisah8969 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    That said, to some people healthy foods will always be a "diet." Even before I tried loosing, if I had a salad or something that was considered good for me, I'd get the "oh, are you trying to loose weight?" crap. Is it really so far off base that maybe, just maybe, people eat healthy things because they LIKE them??

This made me think of something that happened to me...I was checking out at the supermarket and had two boxes of cereal. The cashier asked me if I was on some sort of cereal diet! WTF! It was buy one get one free! I had to get two boxes. But just b/c I am fat, there was an assumption that it was some sort of "diet." So to the OP, I understand how you were taking what he said, but it's really possible he didn't mean anything by it. Just let it go and keep up the good work!
  • recee96
    recee96 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    tumblr_l7h075Zw6a1qd3ppyo1_400.gif

Pancakes. The beginning and end to all of the world's problems.

Wait, what?

HAHAHAHA!!! I love it! Otherwise, I'm lost ;)

Who cares what a coworker says/thinks....
  • diligentjosh
    Options
    Uhm....can someone tell me what the beef is here? I don't really get it...
  • BigBrewski
    BigBrewski Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    Uhm....can someone tell me what the beef is here? I don't really get it...

Beef? Clearly your not on a diet or you would have said chicken or turkey.... LOL
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    wow.

poor guy had no idea he was walking in on so much PMS LOL - and here he was thinking it was ok to be self-conscious about his own issues instead of yours for a second lol. no idea how you got that he was calling you fat out of all that, but Im glad you feel better for venting about that poor guy having a bad day and feeling like he gained weight back - good lord knows we've ALLLL been there :flowerforyou: