So im upset..........so what right?

Options

Replies

• MED2012COLORADO
    Options
    Ok i guess the ones who are saying who cares are right ...something in me heard this instaed " YOUR FAT!! YOUR ALWAYS ON A DIET ! ... Binging is so much easier then saying how you feel on here sometimes. :indifferent:
  • Cyngen
    Cyngen Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Let them think whatever they want, who cares... you know what you are doing is the best for your body and your life!

THIS exactly.
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    Ok i guess the ones who are saying who cares are right ...something in me heard this instaed " YOUR FAT!! YOUR ALWAYS ON A DIET ! ... Binging is so much easier then saying how you feel on here sometimes. :indifferent:
    Listen to the voices in your head less.
  • Kathy_TheVampireSlayer
    Options
    That sounds like a really strange conversation.

^^^ This , lol
  • mississippi_queen
    mississippi_queen Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    SMH.gif
  • tommygirl15
    tommygirl15 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    Good for you! Too bad for him.
  • ShreddedTweet
    ShreddedTweet Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    Oh people say things sometimes that rub you up the wrong way, it's just life! Maybe you're projecting what you think about yourself onto what he said. It didn't seem *that* bad to me!
  • tomomatic
    tomomatic Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    By looking at your "ticker" you've lost 40 lbs. Keep that up and someday you won't be the fat girl in the office anymore!

^^^ what this guy said.

You're friend sounds like one of those idiots you should ignore.
    He sounds like all talk, no action.
  • justmyalias
    justmyalias Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    He just doesn't get the philosophy of what you're doing, which is making permanent lifestyle changes. That's his problem!

^^ this

consider yourself better educated
    and disregard his ignorance
  • UnoDrea3732
    UnoDrea3732 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry you're upset about the conversation. He may see that eating healthy is a diet (like most people) and not a lifestyle change.
  • XtyAnn17
    XtyAnn17 Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    By looking at your "ticker" you've lost 40 lbs. Keep that up and someday you won't be the fat girl in the office anymore!

*like* :)
  • postrockandcats
    postrockandcats Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    Sounds like he was projecting his crap on to you!

That said, to some people healthy foods will always be a "diet." Even before I tried loosing, if I had a salad or something that was considered good for me, I'd get the "oh, are you trying to loose weight?" crap. Is it really so far off base that maybe, just maybe, people eat healthy things because they LIKE them??

TL;DR- I'm sure his words to you, no matter how rude or hurtful, had very little to do with you. Keep "dieting" (please note the quotes) and don't worry about him :)
  • Ge0rgiana
    Ge0rgiana Posts: 1,649 Member
    Options
    It is rather annoying when you can't try to eat healthy without someone saying the "d" word. I blame American culture.
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    Listen to the voices in your head less.

They do not care for you and yours...
  • alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    Options
    You shouldn't get upset that people use the word "diet" differently. No biggie. Just do what you're doin.
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    Well, I mean there are a lot of ways to look at this but I'll just tell you the way I would look at it from my point of view.... It sounds like you are projecting your insecurities and how you feel about the choices you make on to the things he said about the choices you make... People who are insecure about their bodies are oftentimes more aware of the things they do in public, you know, like when you are eating something you assume that everyone is staring at you because fat people eat a lot - even if it's healthy stuff. The guy probably didn't mean much of anything by it, really, he probably was hoping you would commiserate, in other words he thought you would probably say things similar about losing your steam and how frustrating it is to get back on track.... But when he didn't hear what he expected, he was like, "wait, but you are always thinking about fitness, so you are on a diet always, so you should understand how I feel"
  • cheerforsteelers
    cheerforsteelers Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    People are silly. I have a family friend who is about 51, a lawyer, tiny all around. Anytime I meet her for lunch or dinner (per her suggestion) and I order a salad or take my time ordering things on the side or without a sauce. She looks at me wide-eyed and asks me if I'm on a diet? Wait, so I can't have a salad without you thinking I'm on a diet? Lol I eat veggies too silly woman. At first it bothered me but now I just say nope, I just like salad. Let it slide. :)
  • megalin9
    megalin9 Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    So i was at my desk at work and... No let me start by saying ... ok i cant explain it right without getting the wrong response, not that im looking for a "certain" response. Fine ill just say it like it happened........... ... So the fat girl in the office is always on a diet!? Whatever i hate people!!

Haha. You're funny...at least, I'm pretty sure you were just being intentionally dramatic for comedic purposes?? And if not, I second what most everybody else is saying about how we are all on a diet because we all consume food. :wink:
  • tomdVT
    tomdVT Posts: 30
    Options
    You are spot-on IMHO, I know a whole group of medical people in rehab gyms who would agree and would tell you the same; in fact I've heard them scold people for calling what they are doing "a diet" and implored them to think of it as a life style change and specifically NOT a diet.
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,012 Member
    Options
    Hey you've lost 40 lbs has he? So whatever you are doing it is working, let him call it what he wants. Before long you will be the healthy HOT girl in the office. Keep up the good work and try not to let others comments get to you