what do you do while working out?

Replies

• PetulantOne
    PetulantOne Posts: 2,131 Member
    What do I do when I'm working out?.............

Usually work out.

This. Except I always have music on.

I usually do as well but I'm not actually performing the music so I don't consider it something I'm doing. I didn't bring my guitar and am cranking out blues riffs while I'm doing deadlifts or anything. I just have some Pantera or Mastodon going to help me get the bar where it needs to be.

Thank you Mister Literal lol.
    Good music choices though. I listen to metal while I lift. I have a hard time listening to it when I run, I try to run too fast, then end up in a heap on the trail. Then I run the risk of getting run over by the hardcore bike riders.
  • OkieinMinny
    OkieinMinny Posts: 834 Member
    Kickboxing - pretend like Im punching people at work
    running - pretend like Im racing the person next to me
    lifting - pretend Im stronger than the meatheads in there - and some day I will be!
  • NWCyclingBeast
    NWCyclingBeast Posts: 157 Member
    THIS is what I do while working out! Usually texting back and forth, or fooling around with the ****ty MFP Android app... I have gotten quite adept at typing while on the elliptical!
  • yo_andi
    yo_andi Posts: 2,178 Member
    If you can focus on anything other than what you're working on, you're not doing it right.
  • jcstanton
    jcstanton Posts: 1,849 Member
    Ummmm...I usually work out when I'm working out. :huh: :wink: I used to watch TV, but when I get to the really intense parts of my cardio portions, the sound of people chattering on the TV really annoys me. Now I just focus on what I'm doing and hope that a really good song comes on the gym sound system. (Really want to get an iPod or some sort of MP3, but don't have the money to invest in one right now. :cry: )
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    I run from lava. Because we all know the ground is lava...
  • Fot me I love watching netflix on my iphone and read my kindle while working out. it passes time and I work out more! how about you guys?

IMHO if you can watch TV while working out you aren't doing it right.

Not true. I watch Netflix while on the elliptical. There isn't much to think about when using the machine. I don't understand why people say this.

yes true. What is your heart rate? If it's below 150 turn up the resistance or go faster.....If it's above 150 you wont feel like watching TV. Do Some HIIT.....In the load phases it's all you can do to get through it.

Between 150-160. Don't tell me I'm not working out because I've got a TV show on. That's BS.
  • peuglow
    peuglow Posts: 684 Member

Usually work out.
    lol exactly what I was thinking.
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    I used to watch makeup videos on youtube because my rec had great wifi. My new gym doesn't have the best cell reception, so I just zone out to whatever is on the TVs while I'm there. I'll probably take a lot more classes now that I can't get good phone signal.
  • Lift_hard_eat_big
    Lift_hard_eat_big Posts: 2,278 Member
    I like to workout while I workout
  • BigDave1050
    BigDave1050 Posts: 854 Member
    I sweat!
  • KittieLea
    KittieLea Posts: 1,156 Member
    I usually eat a bucket of fried chicken.
  • bcf7683
    bcf7683 Posts: 1,653 Member
    I think about sex the entire time. This should not shock anyone.

how YOU doin?

HA. I read the reply above and then looked at the pic of the spikey haired kitty to the left. lmao
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,010 Member
    Fot me I love watching netflix on my iphone and read my kindle while working out. it passes time and I work out more! how about you guys?

IMHO if you can watch TV while working out you aren't doing it right.

Not true. I watch Netflix while on the elliptical. There isn't much to think about when using the machine. I don't understand why people say this.

yes true. What is your heart rate? If it's below 150 turn up the resistance or go faster.....If it's above 150 you wont feel like watching TV. Do Some HIIT.....In the load phases it's all you can do to get through it.

Between 150-160. Don't tell me I'm not working out because I've got a TV show on. That's BS.

If you say so. I'm sorry.....You are special and I was wrong, My comments only applied to most people.......not the special ones. . Most people don't focus on a show when pushing that hard.
  • nexangelus
    nexangelus Posts: 2,080 Member
    Um I cannot do much else other than listen to some tunes, as I am busy lifting heavy stuff and sweating and wiping the sweat and drinking some fluids to replace the sweat...er, yeah I work out..and hard!
  • Listen to music..
  • missytrishy
    missytrishy Posts: 203 Member

Usually work out.

^^This
  • supahstar71
    supahstar71 Posts: 926 Member
    Eat Cheetos.

Lately I've been doing intervals on the treadmill so I focus on my time and at higher speeds I focus on not falling off the treadmill. Oh and listen to music.
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,749 Member
    Um I cannot do much else other than listen to some tunes, as I am busy lifting heavy stuff and sweating and wiping the sweat and drinking some fluids to replace the sweat...er, yeah I work out..and hard!

I am the same way. They have the TV's at the gym above the cardio equipment and I can't even pay attention to what's going on because I'm working too hard. Even when I'm at home and I'm running on the treadmill and catching up on the things I've DVR'd I have a hard time watching it.

I have seen people reading their kindle, playing games on the iPhone, watching TV or reading books when they're working out and they're not really exerting any effort. I agree that if you can do any of those things while you're doing your cardio you're not working out hard enough.
  • Tunes on the mp3, though my playlists is starting to bore me a bit. :grumble:

I tried listening to audio books, but I'm not able to concentrate enough to follow a story while I'm working out. For me, the music gets me pumped, the book (or tv, for that matter) just gets me distracted.