Advice On Saying No?

Options
124»

Replies

• florymonde
    florymonde Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Sometimes people will push treats on you, and the worst part is, it might not even be something you really want all that much; it's mostly the social pressure. If that's the case, maybe you could think of something you really want, and use that as an excuse. "Oh, it looks good, but I'm saving my calories for a piece of fudge after dinner tonight."
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    if you clench your right fist tightly while saying no, it sends signals to your brain to fire up your determination and increase your willpower.
  • lilligraz22
    lilligraz22 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Hi. I try a lot of different things to motivate me. Right now it's watching shows like my 600 lb life. I know I am nowhere near the struggles if those people but I find myself getting angry at them for continuing to eat junk food after they've cried desperately because of their situation. And I think we'll if I expect THEM to say no then I should do the same.
  • STEVE142142
    STEVE142142 Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    Been there done that. I work in an environment where they're picking out everyday. As annoying as this sounds to you I just say no and they respect my decision.

Real simple answer but it's a tough one. Just find a why that will keep you going. The why has to be totally selfish. It can't be for your significant other it can be for the kids it has to be all about you. Buy it being totally selfish all your otherwise whys will take care of themselves.