I hate drinking 8 glasses of water a day!

Options

Replies

• babyblooz
    babyblooz Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    This is such an odd thread. People treating water like its liver and onions... Water is delicious... I am halfway through my work day and I have had about 12 glasses of water... Its all I drink.

Yep... same here.
  • deedster_a
    deedster_a Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    New way to make the water go down.

Take two, small firm-fleshed apples, core and thinly slice (don't peel). Add to a 2L bottle with 2 cinnamon sticks. Fill the bottle half way with ice, then fill with water.
  • YaGigi
    YaGigi Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    You push yourself drinking water like its something hard to do.
    Just drink water when you need to drink. Don't drink other liquids, especially if they're full of sugar.
    I'm done with a liter of water after gym. And then I get thirsty obviously during a day, so I drink it.

Nt a big deal. It just means you need to drink more water instead of drinking soda and etc.
  • stines72
    stines72 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    i would be so dehydrated on only 8 cups per day.. i drink close to 3 litres

agreed!
    high 5!
  • hen1946
    hen1946 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I prefer my frozen water with Black Velvet
  • kimosabe1
    kimosabe1 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    I use crystal light......
  • AnnaMC1977
    Options
    lemon juice
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    Try sassy water cut up fruit and stick it in your water or cucumber doubles as a nice snack too :)
  • kandilynn03
    kandilynn03 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I love water. In fact, I had a friend that was always raving about MIO and so I was at her house and put some drops of MIO in my water and I hated it. It just ruined the thirst quenchiness of water to me.
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    If I don't drink enough water I swell up like a balloon in the hands, feet, face, arms, legs, stomach........ don't anyone tell me that you don't need it.

The moment I drink 8 or more glasses I don't have a problem.

I'm sickened by the thought of people saying you don't need water. Without it...you ARE going to die. Simple as that.
  • Katie22222
    Katie22222 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I just drink tea, all day. I actually drink too much...yesterday I drank 4 liters.
  • Blondielocks80
    Options
    I add chia seeds to my water, it makes drinking water fun lol
  • Blondielocks80
    Options
    If I don't drink enough water I swell up like a balloon in the hands, feet, face, arms, legs, stomach........ don't anyone tell me that you don't need it.

The moment I drink 8 or more glasses I don't have a problem.

I'm sickened by the thought of people saying you don't need water. Without it...you ARE going to die. Simple as that.

I get like that too when I dont drink enough.

You need water over food any day, correct! To not drink any is crazy and can harm your body in more ways than one.
  • Matt_Wild
    Matt_Wild Posts: 2,673 Member
    Options
    Just drink as you feel like it. Your body pretty much tells you when to drink. If you insist on drinking all the time, just have a glass with each meal or snack. And it doesn't need to be water. Anything water based is utterly fine. You're body is intelligent enough to separate water away from any flavouring/carbs etc.
  • margojr4
    margojr4 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    i would be so dehydrated on only 8 cups per day.. i drink close to 3 litres

This.
  • kelly_e_montana
    kelly_e_montana Posts: 1,999 Member
    Options
    Me too but I do better if I can have a couple with Crystal Light pure (15 cals) and/or lemon. I also love herbal ice teas, and they are good hydration if they don't have caffeine.

I also find it difficult because I work in a situation where I am not really able to use the restroom at my convenience for 10 hours of the day/night.
  • emily_bird
    Options
    Get in some water or liquids a day. It's not popular to say this, but you DON'T have to have 2 lts a day. They've proven that the "2lt a day story" actually started coming out when the bottled water companies became big. Make sure that you get some water in the day and try to avoid large amounts of chemical drinks, high in sugar etc. If you're drinking too much water you can actually flush out the nutrients before they have had time to take effect and you're depriving your body of them. That happened to me and I have had to decrease my water consumption. Instead, I started replacing some of my water with natural ice teas etc. People have actually died or gotten ill from drinking too much water a day (I'm talking about A LOT more than 2 lts a day.).

I personally love water pure lol.When I first started to train myself to drink water, I put a glass on my desk and had to have it finished by time X and then repeat with the next until I reached an amount a day.

Try for say a litre a day . Or have a glass in the morning and before you go to sleep.Between that and your coffees/teas etc, you should have enough.
  • Spensery
    Options
    I used to drink next to no water a day, but now I make myself drink about 3-4 big glasses, but it's still nowhere close to 2 litres. I was told that it's not true for everyone, and wasn't true for me, to need 8 glasses a day. Especially because I eat a lot of fresh veges and fruit, both of which have high percentages of water in them. As long as you aren't feeling dehydrated, and aren't getting headaches everyday, you're probably fine. =)
  • Spensery
    Options
    Also, people who are saying suck it up - that's not helpful. I am the same, and really don't like the taste of water, I never have, it actually has a metallic taste to me, and yes, as I've been asked before, even filtered water. If you aren't helping, why comment?
  • Matt_Wild
    Matt_Wild Posts: 2,673 Member
    Options
    Also, people who are saying suck it up - that's not helpful. I am the same, and really don't like the taste of water, I never have, it actually has a metallic taste to me, and yes, as I've been asked before, even filtered water. If you aren't helping, why comment?

Drink anything you like within your calorie limits. Anything. Coffee, tea, diet coke, herbal tea - whatever!