What to add to tuna to keep low fat/calories low?

Options
124»

Replies

• kteej
    kteej Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Definitely hummus - I like avocado or spinach/artichoke - 4 Tbl to a small can - then add other veggies - grape tomatoes are especially nice
  • stetienne
    stetienne Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    I just cover it with mustard or Frank's Hot Sauce.
  • Amazonbella
    Options
    1 tsp of Garlic Aioli...AMAZING! :)
  • Mcgrawhaha
    Mcgrawhaha Posts: 1,596 Member
    Options
    10 cal smart beat or whatever its called mayo... celery, tomatoe, onion...
  • lilteepot
    Options
    If you get good tuna, there's no need to add anything to it. I'm not a "bumblebee" type tuna fan, but I could live off of Ortiz Bonita del Norte. I can eat an entire can with a hunk of crusty bread. I get it in olive oil, but it comes in different flavors. You can buy it online. :)
  • Mutant13
    Mutant13 Posts: 2,485 Member
    Options
    Greek yoghurt, laughing cow cheese, hot sauce, salsa, cottage cheese and curry powder, hommus, Philadelphia
  • KSLachapelle
    KSLachapelle Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    May sound weird but I love diced apples and red or white onion with a touch of LITE mayo or olive oil. Diced green olives or dill pickle are good too. All those great flavors mean you will need only a little something to bind them all together!
  • Seoul11
    Seoul11 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Spicy brown mustard, tiny bit of light mayo, chopped green onions and fresh dill. The dill makes it. :)
  • jakidb
    jakidb Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    Mayo, relish, red onion, and egg; i've also substituted the mayo w/ranch dressing and it was still delicious
  • lucasriggs
    Options
    Lighter-than-light mayo...only 14 calorie per tablespoon instead of the full fat 100+
    Don't read the ingredients though.
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    Non fat greek yogurt. 2 TBSP for 2 oz. is perfect.
  • StephCoff1969
    Options
    I usually mash up an avocado, add diced tomatoes, onions, and jalapenos... It really is super yummy...
  • LMick1986
    Options
    This won't make it creamy, but I love to just add green beans (straight from the can) to tuna. Yum!!
  • JezzD1
    JezzD1 Posts: 431
    Options
    Bump for all the amazing ideas =)