What do you eat with cottage cheese?

Options

Replies

• nachodman
    nachodman Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I like to add fresh pineapple, peaches, or sliced tomato with pepper sprinkled over the cottage cheese! You can also add blueberries, blackberries etc, but fresh is better as they don't have all the sugar that you find in the canned fruits...
  • curvynblonde
    curvynblonde Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Blueberries are my fave cottage cheese topping!
  • GlassSlipperGurl
    GlassSlipperGurl Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I add up fresh or canned fruit on top of my cottage cheese. i can make it taste different each time. Even applesauce or jelly is good also.
    Me too...love some no sugar added peaches or fruit cocktail
  • kellehbeans
    kellehbeans Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    I mix it with tuna! And add it to pasta or rice noodles. It's a weird combination but it tastes nice!
  • IntoTheSky
    IntoTheSky Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    green olives!!!! Yum!
  • davidbronkalla
    davidbronkalla Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I may be strange but I love cottage cheese with sunflower seeds in it (without shells of course)
  • JackieAC1951
    JackieAC1951 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I will add a tad of vanilla, cinnamon and sweetener of choice to 1/4 cup of cottage cheese, and broil the cottage cheese mixture on toasted bread. Top with 1/2 cup of pineapple (crushed or tidbits, your choice).
  • lauren3101
    lauren3101 Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    I use it to make a 'quiche' -

1 small tub of cottage cheese (drain the excess water out of it),
    5 eggs
    2 tsp garlic
    275g spinach (I use frozen, but defrost and squeeze any excess water out)
    2 rashers bacon
    50g reduced fat cheddar cheese (or other low fat cheese of your choice)
    seasoning to taste

Mix all the ingredients together and combine in an oven dish. Cook at 180C (or 350F for you Americans :smile:) for around 25 - 30 mins. Makes 4 big portions, I reheat mine and eat it with a salad for lunch. It's also low in calorie and high in protein.

Per serving:

326 cals
    5g carbs
    22g fat
    28g protein
  • devan44
    devan44 Posts: 130
    Options
    I eat mine with salt and pepper but I saw a great pic on pinterest the other day where someone mixed cottage cheese with a few cherry tomatoes, avocado, and cucumbers. - looked amazing!
  • cielbee
    cielbee Posts: 62
    Options
    I like to mix tuna or diced chicken with cottage cheese, green onions, celery and curry powder and use it for a sandwich or top a salad. I also like to melt cottage cheese in the microwave with refried beans and salsa and use as a dip. Or I top it with green onions, chopped tomato and diced cucumbers with a little black pepper. It is also good as a filling for omelets instead of other cheeses with the other toppings as usual.
  • BeautifulBrownButterfly
    Options
    pineapple sometimes apple sauce
  • magicalsandra
    Options
    i like jello in mine
  • mruntidy
    mruntidy Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    A large double cheese, pepperoni pizza with a side of garlic bread pizza with cheese, fries, coleslaw and a slug of coca cola - that usually makes it taste great
  • Temporalia
    Temporalia Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    So many ways to eat it, with:

-Salsa
    -Cranberry sauce
    -Put some pepper in there, get's it spicy
    -Jam
    -I put it in lasagna, tuna melts, with some meals when I don't want to have my calories too high up, ex: pasta, vegetables.
  • skcardiog
    skcardiog Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Green onion chopped up and a bit of paprika .
  • PrinnyBomb
    PrinnyBomb Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    apple sauce and cinnamon or with chilli jam on crackers. Or added into a protein shake for extra protein and thickness :-)
  • srpm
    srpm Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Avocado and pepper and just a smidge of lemon juice
    Tomatoes and salt
    Mix it up with a raw egg and microwave until the egg is cooked
    Mix it with salsa (this is also a great dip for chips or veggies)
    Sunflower seeds

I really like cottage cheese...
  • 13prissy
    Options
    :smile:
  • 13prissy
    Options
    i chop up an apple real small add a little vanilla extract and cinnamon and 2 Equals. Makes it feel like you are getting so much more to eat. Yum!!!
  • langsyne
    langsyne Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Blueberries and almonds