is it possible to lose the fat and keep the b00bs?

Options
4themoney
4themoney Posts: 797 Member
has anyone been successful at keeping their naturally large b00bs, while lowering their body fat percentage?

if you have, how low have you gotten your body fat %??
if you have not, when did you lose your b00bs?

i am focusing all of my losing on losing body fat. but, i have naturally large breasts, and i have a feeling either i'm going to lose them to get the body fat % low, OR, i won't be able to get it that low because my b00bs will prevent me from it.......

Replies

• Nerys52
    Nerys52 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I lost a lot of weight due to my illness but have always kept the large bust I never lost not even an ounce in bust
    nobody understands this
  • bufger
    bufger Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    Firstly, you will be able to get to whatever body fat % you want to get to. Boobs wont stop that but they will change.

Some people manage to keep theirs, for some they lose a couple of strap sizes and a cup size. There is no way to lose fat from target areas, the body decides what areas it wants to shed fat from.

Dont worry about your boobs unless they are your career and support your family. Your health and fitness are just as important :)
  • glahlstedt
    glahlstedt Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I managed to get to 162lbs back in 2008, and my boobs were still HUGE!! For some reason, my I just couldn't lose weight in my boobs at all. I currently weigh 187, and I just had a breast reduction 1 month ago. I couldn't be happier with my smaller, perkier boobs! Some people loose them, and some people don't! :smile:
  • Amberonamission
    Amberonamission Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I'd love to shrink up my bewbs. My hips are down 4.5 inches. The band around my bra is down 4 inches. Around the boobs, 1.5 inches. Ugh. Someday I will see my feet looking straight down. :pray:
  • NocturnalGirl
    Options
    You can't spot reduce or pick and choose where you lose and don't lose weight from. If you have naturally big boobs as you say then they will still be "naturally big" at a lower bf%, just probably not as big as before.
  • Aello11
    Aello11 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    damn I wish --- the breasts are just a handful now :(
  • PennStateChick
    PennStateChick Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Nope. I've went through 2 different large weight loss times in my life. The first time, I lost about 65 pounds. I gained some back and now I have lost about 20. As soon as I start working out, I lose my boobs. I go from a very full C to an average B almost immediately.
  • Chadomaniac
    Chadomaniac Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    keep the boobs! do whatever it takes :P haha
  • 4themoney
    Options
    i'm trying!!! ;-)
    so far, i haven't lost a cup size. i've gone down one number in the band ( and up in the cup). but, i'm changing my focus from WEIGHT loss to FAT loss...... and since boobs are mostly fat i wonder how they will be affected.......
    keep the boobs! do whatever it takes :P haha
  • IronDame
    IronDame Posts: 275
    Options
    As far as I know, No. That was the first thing to go. I miss my C cups. Oh well, being fit and looking good naked is still awesome even without boobs.
  • PennyRLane
    PennyRLane Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I was 255 and I lost it really slow and at first I didn't lose too much of my boobs for my size. I've always been large busted (and famous within my friend circles for it) with a tiny waist then I got larger and so did my boobs. I went from a size 38H to a now 32D but I have lost all the UMPH in my breast. I am considering a breast lift cause I have A LOT of excess skin NO WHERE ELSE ON MY BODY but my bOObs :( I MISS THEM! I want perky boobs again
  • PennyRLane
    PennyRLane Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    As far as I know, No. That was the first thing to go. I miss my C cups. Oh well, being fit and looking good naked is still awesome even without boobs.

AGREED!
  • foxro
    foxro Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    From the male point of view I can't wait to get rid of mine. One of the reasons I'm here. About a year ago, sitting on our back deck my wife said mine are getting as big as hers, hence the quest began. However, from your point of view it must be distressing. As a senior male I've learned its the entire package, not boobs that makes the women. Hopefully I havn't offended anyone !!!
  • Jennvandemark
    Jennvandemark Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    As I lose weight my boobs have slowly gotten smaller, not happy about this. I was a DD and could motorboat my own boobs and now they are a full C. I would be very happy if they would stay the size they are right now. In my adult life I have never been smaller then a C so keeping my fingers crossed they stay.

I noticed a change at about 30 pounds lost.
  • 4themoney
    Options
    oh i know :-) i just really like them.....

you made me think back to high school and college.... when i was in better shape ( not sure what my body fat % was back then though). i had Bs in high school and Cs in college..... hit the Ds after my 5th baby was born. so, yeah, i spent MOST of my life either a B or a C.... i would be content with that :-) thank you!!!
  • 4themoney
    Options
    i think this is a lot of my concern. the saggy.... if i lose the fat in them, they will not be as perky. and right now they don't really sag at all. they are quite perky without a bra.... i do worry that they won't be like that as i lose body fat.

it really is a shame we can't focus fat loss, LOL!!!!

I was 255 and I lost it really slow and at first I didn't lose too much of my boobs for my size. I've always been large busted (and famous within my friend circles for it) with a tiny waist then I got larger and so did my boobs. I went from a size 38H to a now 32D but I have lost all the UMPH in my breast. I am considering a breast lift cause I have A LOT of excess skin NO WHERE ELSE ON MY BODY but my bOObs :( I MISS THEM! I want perky boobs again
  • tooliebell
    tooliebell Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I have lost 70lbs total in the last 20 months, with 48 of that since July. My once large bust is really shrinking. I need to buy new bras and am sure I have gone down at least one band size and at least one cup size. I'm starting to look kinda national geographic in that area! Never once have I considered an optional surgery in my life, but since the weight loss, I am thinking about it!

I guess it depends on the person. When I was thin in high school I was a nice B cup, then as I got heavier, had 3 babies, nursed them all, they grew to a DDD or a F. My guess is I'll end up in a C cup.
  • Sul3i
    Sul3i Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    I lost mine :-( it was expected tho... I never really got them til I got heavy... its my genes to be small busted
  • DestinyGray5
    Options
    I'm losing fat right now & my boobs are trying to go with it :( I love my D's.. Lol.
  • n2thenight24
    n2thenight24 Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    From the things and people I've read and seen on here, if you are naturally big busted, the boobs don't really go anywhere, but if you are naturally small busted, they are the first thing to go, I have lost two inches in my chest, that's more than anywhere else so far :( But it's worth it to be skinny. I'll get a boob job if I get too upset about it!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!