is it possible to lose the fat and keep the b00bs?

Options

Replies

• ecw3780
    ecw3780 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Upper body workouts will keep things perky. Your boobs will change as the tissue redistributes, but if you have always had boobs, you probably wont loose them all.
  • sirabe
    sirabe Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    It depend on how much fat is in your boobs. As you get older, they become more fatty.
  • Erienneb
    Erienneb Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    It's all genetics. You either are destined to have a bigger bust size, or you aren't.

This is actually not true.

Why not? I'm legitimately asking because I was always taught this was the case. Like, your size will shift a big depending on how you carry weight, your muscle, and your body fat, but there's still a certain range for each individual.
    My best friend has like 17%BF, as I mentioned above and is lucky to get into a good fitting 28A
    My mom is at 20%BF and has had a reduction and is STILL a solid 34D. Before surgery she was a lower BF %, she was a heavy lifter and competitor so I would assume around 15-17% and she was a 34EE, which prompted her to have the reduction.
  • ShaniWulffe
    ShaniWulffe Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    It's totally possible... I've gone down from a 36D to a 32DDD (yes, that's a triple-D) in about 3 1/2 - 4 months and about 35 lbs. I love my boobies :)
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    It's all genetics. You either are destined to have a bigger bust size, or you aren't.

Why not? I'm legitimately asking because I was always taught this was the case. Like, your size will shift a big depending on how you carry weight, your muscle, and your body fat, but there's still a certain range for each individual.
    My best friend has like 17%BF, as I mentioned above and is lucky to get into a good fitting 28A
    My mom is at 20%BF and has had a reduction and is STILL a solid 34D. Before surgery she was a lower BF %, she was a heavy lifter and competitor so I would assume around 15-17% and she was a 34EE, which prompted her to have the reduction.

I'm pretty sure that unless you go under the knife, your genetics determine your breast size.
  • vkruithof
    vkruithof Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I lost mine :-( it was expected tho... I never really got them til I got heavy... its my genes to be small busted

Not to sound weird, because I don't swing this way... But yours are proportionate and quite lovely on you the way they are. Any larger and they would be wasted on you!

You look great! Wonderful loss by the way!
  • MommiLauren
    MommiLauren Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    not sure exactly how much body fat ive lost. but my boobs havent shrunk. i think they've actually grown!!
  • animatorswearbras
    animatorswearbras Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options

I'm pretty sure that unless you go under the knife, your genetics determine your breast size.

I'm pretty sure it's genetic and don't think you can target lose but you're body can change with age, before I gradually gained 30+ pounds to my largest I was a Bcup, and went up to DD, now 9 years later, I'm back down to nearly the same weight and I'm still a D I'm sure I'm slightly curvier round the hips too, I'm positive I used to be a bit straighter up and down, but maybe that was just my perception ;P
  • RobfromLakewood
    Options
    My wife lost 30 pounds of fat, put on about 10 pounds of muscle. She went from a DD to a D, more firm example as well. But being Asian, that's like an F or G cup for others. ;)
  • Chewster001
    Chewster001 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Firstly, you will be able to get to whatever body fat % you want to get to. Boobs wont stop that but they will change.

Some people manage to keep theirs, for some they lose a couple of strap sizes and a cup size. There is no way to lose fat from target areas, the body decides what areas it wants to shed fat from.

Dont worry about your boobs unless they are your career and support your family. Your health and fitness are just as important :)

*Just came up with new job search criteria*
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options

I am not sure what you are asking. You are telling me that boobs are genetically predestined and to prove your statement, you told me you know a girl with low bf% and an A cup and you know a woman with low bf% and an EE/D cup.

But that doesnt tell me anything about their genetics... it just tells me that they are athletic and have boobs...
  • nsmoker24
    nsmoker24 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    This is exactly what happens to me!
  • elka67
    elka67 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Mine disappeared with the extra pounds, used to be an E now a weak D , down 2 cups and the 'perk' is gone too. Definately looser. Don't think there is anything you can do.
  • LadyIntrepid
    LadyIntrepid Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Alas, I went from over 30% body fat to 24% body fat, lost 20 pounds, and also lost my fabulous boobs. They went from a very nice 34C to a 32B. Sad, but a worthy sacrifice. Hello padded bras!
  • char_char_piper
    Options
    I'm losing everywhere *but* there. Must be lucky, I guess? :ohwell: *scratchs head*

27783872.png
  • reankanesmom
    reankanesmom Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I went from 271 to 202 a 40DD to a 38D before when I was 130-140 lbs I was a 36 C. I do not mind everything going down as long as I do no end up with a smaller B or bigger A. I am actually looking at having a lift done when I have reached my goal weight and maintained it like my ps would ask for 3-4 months. We were going to do it when I had the tummy tuck but opted to wait to see how what I would end up actually needing.
  • SunnyAndrsn
    SunnyAndrsn Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Down 54 pounds now, bra has gone from 42DDD to 38F. The F in a 38 is slightly smaller cup than in my 42. I feel like I've lost a little volume, but not much.

I'd love a lift for my 40th birthday.
  • Melaniec78
    Melaniec78 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    People talking about reductions especially with quite a bit of weight to still lose please do your research before you make a final decision. You may want to wait and end up just needing a lift. I had a reduction about 10 years ago went down to a C I was about 170 lbs at that time and I regret it every single day. It made buying clothes easier but not bras. PLUS I really miss my double D's just not the 42 part :tongue: . I'm just barely a C and back down to 168 and once I get down to goal I am not going to have anything left.
  • Koldnomore
    Koldnomore Posts: 1,613 Member
    Options
    At my thinnest I was a 38 DD 5'6 / 135. I went up to a 38/40 G. I don't anticipate getting much smaller .

BTW...If you drop your band size your cup size goes UP so for all the big letters.. get BIGGER bands and the cup size will go down. Makes it easier to shop ;) Of course it isn't as "impressive" to say I have 36 DD as opposed to 30 H :noway:
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    While I have lost a lot of my boobs, I have kept enough that I'm happy with. People say I am still top heavy, but I guess for my size I am? Though I think I like them how they are... I don't know my body fat % so I can't tell you that. I weight 129 lbs and I'm 5'3.

DSCF8523.jpg
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!