is it possible to lose the fat and keep the b00bs?

Options

Replies

• jenbk2
    jenbk2 Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    I think it depends on your genetic make up. I unfortunately am one who keeps my boobs. HATE them.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    If your breasts are mostly fat, then you will lose them as you lose weight. If they are mostly mammary tissue (like mine), you will keep them.
  • RainbowBrightww23
    RainbowBrightww23 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I always lose mine when I drop weight and start exercising regularly *sigh*. Its a shame, because I am more "hour glass" shaped when I am heavier since my bust increases, and more of a "pear" at the lower (healthier) weights because I always lose my chest and my waist gets tiny (not complaining about the last bit!).
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    I think it depends on your body type. If your boobs didn't change much with weight gain, then they probably won't change much with weight loss. When I was a healthy weight, I was a C-cup. At 300+ lbs, I was a double D-cup. Now, I'm a D-cup, but I haven't reached my goals yet either. I fully expect to be back at a C-cup once I see a healthy weight again.
  • half_moon
    half_moon Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    My bewbs are still DDDs, even after 40 pounds down.
  • cbrrabbit25
    cbrrabbit25 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    mine are pretty much gone, but the muscles distract from them a bit. ha ha.
  • julieh391
    julieh391 Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    I went from a DD to a C. I wouldn't mind if they weren't so damn saggy. :grumble:
  • WRXymama
    WRXymama Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Im not certain what my BF% was/is.

HW: 225
    SW: 219.6
    CW: 171

Starting size 38DD, Current size 34/36DD
  • BrieLP
    BrieLP Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    last year when i tried a weight loss supplement I lost 2 cup sizes (44 DDD to a 44D) and that is the ONLY place I lost weight. my breasts are still huge but after losing all the weight I want I hope they are about a C.
  • jessicalynn75
    jessicalynn75 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Not for me! Thinking that I will end up having some work done to make fuller again...drastic but I don't like what I see right now...
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    Im at 23% bf, they aren't AS perky or AS big as they used to be (I was a 38DD now Im a 36C), but im also 33 now. And they are still damn Amazing.

*hugs them*

do pushups. that's my plan.
  • Erienneb
    Erienneb Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    It's all genetics. You either are destined to have a bigger bust size, or you aren't. I probably always will given that the women in my family even at low body fat percentages do. I have so far lost inches on the ribcage, but not across the bust.

My best friend on the other hand lost only like 5lbs and is at about a 17%BF and has nothing. Nada. She gains 5lbs and BAM up like three cup sizes haha. I guess that's just her body, though.
  • mfpcopine
    mfpcopine Posts: 3,093 Member
    Options
    It's largely a question o f your genetics. To take another body part, some people lose their butts, others don't, no matter how much weight and fat they lose.
  • DanaDark
    DanaDark Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    First On Last Off.

If you went: Fat -> Bigger boobs
    Then you will probably lose the boob size gains.

If you had big boobs to start and then got fat, then you should retain your boobs as you lose weight.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    It's all genetics. You either are destined to have a bigger bust size, or you aren't.

This is actually not true.
  • Nikkei24
    Nikkei24 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I lost some boobage. Unfortunitley :( They are still decently sized but compared to how big they were before... they are little.
  • cmacphee3
    cmacphee3 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Depends on your body type, I lose my boobs really fast sadly :(
  • knk1553
    knk1553 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    I lose weight and lose it all in my boobs first, well what little bit I had up there anyways. I just figured I can always buy a pair of boobs, I can't buy good health and the body fat % I want. I just buy the super padded bras from victorias secret and call it a day, those babies work wonders for us flad chested chicks!
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    Mine are shrinking rapidly! Were an E now a C... :sad: suppose the proportions would be off if they had stayed the same though x
  • Queen_Adrock
    Queen_Adrock Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I'd love to shrink up my bewbs. My hips are down 4.5 inches. The band around my bra is down 4 inches. Around the boobs, 1.5 inches. Ugh. Someday I will see my feet looking straight down. :pray:

right there with ya...I am HOPING mine shrink. The backache is not worth it and I want to be able to buy pretty bras in a color other than white beige or black!

www.figleaves.com -- I'm an H, and I'm wearing a red bra with dark red ivy stitching, and a bow between the cups! Super cute! Although it is a bit expensive, it's worth it.

And I've lost about a cup size since losing weight, but not enough to get me to where I should be. I have a consult for a reduction soon!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!