That really grinds my gears!!

n2thenight24
n2thenight24 Posts: 1,651 Member
It drives me crazy when you get in the car, turn my radio on and my favorite song is in the last chorus.

What grinds your gears?

grinds.jpg

Replies

• n2thenight24
    No one has had their gears ground??
  • EmmaM2211
    EmmaM2211 Posts: 536 Member
    I'm hoping this gets good...I'm in need of some light reading at work...

As for me its when people drive near me...I wish they'd all get the hell off my roads!!
  • NWCyclingBeast
    NWCyclingBeast Posts: 157 Member
    You know what grinds my gears? The guy or gal in the gym (every gym has one) that HAS to make sounds like they are haivng an orgasm whenever they lift heavy... C'mon, REALLY? Get that **** under control!
  • glitterjam
    glitterjam Posts: 145 Member
    When people don't at least drive the speed limit. Omg!! I can understand if you don't want to speed because you have a warrant or something, but FFS at least do the speed limit!
  • Rhia55
    Rhia55 Posts: 247
    People at work who don't know how to flush. And don't know how to get it IN THE BOWL. The women's restroom on my floor is the stuff of legend around here. Port-A-Potties are cleaner.
  • Brunner26_2
    Brunner26_2 Posts: 1,152
    When I mis-shift!
  • scapez
    scapez Posts: 2,018 Member
    When people don't at least drive the speed limit. Omg!! I can understand if you don't want to speed because you have a warrant or something, but FFS at least do the speed limit!

This. Slow drivers make me insane!!!
  • terrappyn
    terrappyn Posts: 324 Member
    When Im on the on-ramp to the highway and Im still doing 45mph by the time I've reached the end of the ramp because the person in front of me is a De-De-DEEEE.....Yup - My Masshole is in full swing then!
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    A lady I work with....no matter what you are talking about she butts in and turns every conversation into a story about her dog, her 36 yr old unmarried, ungrateful daughter that still expects her mom to do everything for her or the daughter's dog. I could be taking about my 3 yr old's poop schedule (not that I do, just an extreme example of how she can take over any convo) and with in seconds the story has turned 1 of the above or all 3 and none of it will have anything to do with poop...so annoying!
  • Doodlewhopper
    Doodlewhopper Posts: 1,018 Member
    Being held up in traffic by some &%##&@ talking on their cell phone. When Im in a wicked mood I will honk while the light is still red. The clown reactively always hits the gas and then slams on the brakes! Ah, the thrill of it just "ungrinds" my gears!
  • creech6317
    creech6317 Posts: 869 Member
    What grinds my gears is people drivine under the speed limit in the fast lane! I mean really?! There are two other lanes for you to crawl along in turtle mode, get the Frak out of my way!
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Being held up in traffic by some &%##&@ talking on their cell phone. When Im in a wicked mood I will honk while the light is still red. The clown reactively always hits the gas and then slams on the brakes! Ah, the thrill of it just "ungrinds" my gears!

that is awesome.
  • n2thenight24
    When I think I have all the laundry done, only to walk into the bathroom to find a tiny pile of clothes.
  • People at work who don't know how to flush. And don't know how to get it IN THE BOWL. The women's restroom on my floor is the stuff of legend around here. Port-A-Potties are cleaner.
    '

uhhh yeah this...and we seem to have an abundance of non-handwashers...i want to run out of the stall with my pants around my ankles and accost them. this really grinds my gears.
  • Julettashane
    Julettashane Posts: 723 Member
    i work at a bank so it grinds my gears when people come in and chew me out because something is wrong with thier account. I DIDNT DO ANYTHING TO YOUR ACCOUNT except what you told me to do!!!! or blame me for money being gone!! YES MAM I TOOK YOUR MONEY I PUT IT IN MY ACCOUNT INSTEAD!! omgsh seriously the receipt i gave you only gets validated for what i did so it says your account and the amount deposited!!! :grumble:
  • HeatherHoskins
    HeatherHoskins Posts: 157 Member
    I hate when people get into their own little worlds at the grocery store and completly block the isle. I don't care what you are doing just let me get by!!
  • Jenerferzzz
    Jenerferzzz Posts: 148 Member
    I hate it when someone tells me to smile. I can't smile 24/7 and usually when someone says that it's because I have had a bad day and they just made it worse. Uhh... probably a strange pet peeve but I am always complimented for how much I smile so I know it isn't because I am a grumpy pants. lol.
  • Im_NotPerfect
    Im_NotPerfect Posts: 2,181 Member
    When I take the time to clean out the dishwasher for the day and STILL find dirty dishes in the sink! It takes 2 freakin' seconds to open the door and put it in the rack people!!
  • This really grinds my gears :
    On the street where I live, there are two left hand turn lanes, because of the traffic congestion in the morning, and for buses. But there is no designated right turn. If your turning right you kinda just have to wait until all the lefties turn. Not a big deal, BUT, at 8 at night with no other traffic around, why is there always that one person who decides to turn left in the right hand turn lane? Did you forget how to switch lanes ? Can't figure out that if you turned in the actual left turn lane, then put your blinker on once you turned, and switched lanes you would end up in the same spot? But noooooooo, you have to block the lane for the righties who want to the right ........stupid people.
    My tolerance for stupidity is at an all time low.
  • Jenerferzzz
    Jenerferzzz Posts: 148 Member
    When Im on the on-ramp to the highway and Im still doing 45mph by the time I've reached the end of the ramp because the person in front of me is a De-De-DEEEE.....Yup - My Masshole is in full swing then!

I was just talking about this one with my boss. You have to pick up speed to merge with the 70 mile an hour traffic people!!! They aren't supposed to slow down for you. Grrr.