That really grinds my gears!!

Options

Replies

• millions0fpeaches
    millions0fpeaches Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    To quote the great, late George Carlin "I don't have pet peeves, I have major psychotic ****ing hatreds"

Most of mine are work-related...I work at McDonalds. Brace yourselves for this list...

1) When people start their order like this "Gimme.....". Rude. How about "I'd like a" or "May I have". Also, if you walk up to the counter and we say "Hello", say Hello back...don't just ignore us and start barking your order. We are humans, not McDonalds robots.

2) Complaining about things the average employee has no control over. Such as prices, policies, the layout of our restaurant or even commercials. B!tch, do I look like the head of marketing? I make 11 dollars and have to wear polyester pants.

3) When people ignore the little dish I've made with my hand and plunk their money on the counter. I know you saw my hand dish! I always take a painstakingly long time to pick up the coins as it makes my rage lessen.

4) People who leave their young kids in the restaurant while they go shopping(my McDonalds is in a Walmart). Are you insane?

5) Talking on a cell phone while you order. If you do this anywhere, you are a bad person. I don't care if you volunteer at an orphanage or save kittens from burning buildings, you are a terrible person.

6) Please and thank you. Just in general, at any place or any time. Have some manners.

I know this makes me sound like a rage-a-holic, but I'm not the only one. I'm convinced working fast food crushes your soul and turns you into a passive-aggressive hate monster.

Stay in school, kids.

Truth! Everyone should have to work a semester in retail and a semester in food service before they can graduate high school... The world would be a better place.
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    I love it when Leakramirez grinds my gears :love:
    *swoon*

The feeling is totally mutual, darling. And shame on you for getting me all hot and bothered this early in the morning.

RAC1J.gif
    Oh can it, and get your tush over here.

Kthx.
  • wewon
    wewon Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    When Im on the on-ramp to the highway and Im still doing 45mph by the time I've reached the end of the ramp because the person in front of me is a De-De-DEEEE.....Yup - My Masshole is in full swing then!

I hate the drivers that don't know how to merge so they actually STOP on the on-ramp. WTF!

This used to tick me off as well, but then I realized that the people that do this are usually elderly and may simply be second guessing themselves or their ability to merge effectively.

Not that it changes the outcome of sitting behind them on the ramp, but it does soften my attitude a bit.

My parents on in their 70s and I'm starting to see them in every elderly person I come across.

Oh, fúck them. Roll down the window and yell "MOVE IT POPS, YOU SLOW ÄSS MUTHERFÜCKER!!!" (While laying on the horn and flashing your lights.

If you don't have the confidence or ability to drive, GET THE *kitten* OFF OF MY ROADS, YOU'RE PUTTING ME AND MY FAMILY AT RISK, ÄSSHOLES!

LOL!
  • crazybookworm
    crazybookworm Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    You know what grinds my gears? The guy or gal in the gym (every gym has one) that HAS to make sounds like they are haivng an orgasm whenever they lift heavy... C'mon, REALLY? Get that **** under control!

Ugh! I know! There was a lady the other day doing this. I understand some grunts and groans, but come on!!
  • hebenn01
    hebenn01 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    small talk. I'd prefer silence over a 5 minute conversation about how much it rained yesterday, the temps we are to be expecting, cloud cover, frost BLA BLA BLA!
  • kenazfehu
    kenazfehu Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    Oh, and it really grinds my gears when I'm riding with my daughter and she starts screaming at other drivers. Why should I suffer because she's mad that somebody cut her off?

What other drivers do doesn't bother me unless they cause a wreck. I'm pretty relaxed about driving. In fact, I'm so relaxed that I don't necessarily go with the speed limit, but at least I do it in the slow lane.
  • jlapey
    jlapey Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    When Im on the on-ramp to the highway and Im still doing 45mph by the time I've reached the end of the ramp because the person in front of me is a De-De-DEEEE.....Yup - My Masshole is in full swing then!

I hate the drivers that don't know how to merge so they actually STOP on the on-ramp. WTF!

This used to tick me off as well, but then I realized that the people that do this are usually elderly and may simply be second guessing themselves or their ability to merge effectively.

Not that it changes the outcome of sitting behind them on the ramp, but it does soften my attitude a bit.

My parents on in their 70s and I'm starting to see them in every elderly person I come across.

When I see that they are old, I say a silent apology. I get that. But usually, the culprit is just an idiot-driver
  • stephdeeable
    stephdeeable Posts: 1,407 Member
    Options
    I don't go to a gym, but moaning in public in general is pretty rough. I understand sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do and take a twosies in a public washroom, but please keep your moaning and grunting and sighing to yourself. You are not at home!
  • symkat
    symkat Posts: 70
    Options
    Too many answers for just one post lol. One of my many pet peeves is when you are speeding (like 10-15 miles over the speed limit) and some yayhoo gets up your butt like you are just creeping along and then starts flashing their lights and honking their horn and you can see them waving thier hands in the air and screaming at you like an idiot because apparently they are too stupid to get into that little empty lane on my right or left and go around me. so to make myself feel better I slow down to like 5 or 10 miles an hour or sometimes slower depending on how annoyed I am and then when they finaly start to go around me I speed back up to the speed I was going before and then when they pass me I smile at them with my biggest smile and wave at them. Man let me tell ya it ticks them off so bad and ruins thier whole day while I drive off laughing and happy and have a great day. I also don't like the people who go 20 miles an hour on the ramp to the highway. it's called an acceleration ramp for a reason ya fruit loop, hit the gas and move your @$$ please. I could go on but I have things to do today so that is all for now lol. have an amzing day everyone and may nothing annoy you today.
  • sexyrosey
    Options

Oh, fúck them. Roll down the window and yell "MOVE IT POPS, YOU SLOW ÄSS MUTHERFÜCKER!!!" (While laying on the horn and flashing your lights.

If you don't have the confidence or ability to drive, GET THE *kitten* OFF OF MY ROADS, YOU'RE PUTTING ME AND MY FAMILY AT RISK, ÄSSHOLES!

Sounds like you need anger management and a vacation dude :explode:
  • KatKisses
    KatKisses Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I hate it when someone tells me to smile. I can't smile 24/7 and usually when someone says that it's because I have had a bad day and they just made it worse. Uhh... probably a strange pet peeve but I am always complimented for how much I smile so I know it isn't because I am a grumpy pants. lol.

Definitely this! Who smiles constantly??? Some big faker?? Get outta here!!

YES! this!!! I want to slap them when they say that!!!!!
  • Stompp
    Stompp Posts: 216
    Options
    Sounds like you need anger management and a vacation dude :explode:

Anger management made me ANGRY... You won't like me when I'm angry...
  • GoldspursX3
    GoldspursX3 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Meetings. Why do we need to talk something to death. Make a decision and drive on! My commander (I'm in the Army) will have 2 hour long meetings and I might get enough info that takes me 5 minutes to brief my guys.
  • bella24xo
    bella24xo Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    i know someone already said this but...when someone says ill call u back and then doesnt..this drives me NUTS

also....when people slow down to merge on the highway...i live in New York and im convinced people drive like crazy people
  • EatClean_WashUrNuts
    EatClean_WashUrNuts Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    The only thing I allow to piss me off is the Office Hyena. I'd kill it if I could..but then I'd go to jail.
  • yo_andi
    yo_andi Posts: 2,178 Member
    Options
    To quote the great, late George Carlin "I don't have pet peeves, I have major psychotic ****ing hatreds"

Most of mine are work-related...I work at McDonalds. Brace yourselves for this list...

1) When people start their order like this "Gimme.....". Rude. How about "I'd like a" or "May I have". Also, if you walk up to the counter and we say "Hello", say Hello back...don't just ignore us and start barking your order. We are humans, not McDonalds robots.

2) Complaining about things the average employee has no control over. Such as prices, policies, the layout of our restaurant or even commercials. B!tch, do I look like the head of marketing? I make 11 dollars and have to wear polyester pants.

3) When people ignore the little dish I've made with my hand and plunk their money on the counter. I know you saw my hand dish! I always take a painstakingly long time to pick up the coins as it makes my rage lessen.

4) People who leave their young kids in the restaurant while they go shopping(my McDonalds is in a Walmart). Are you insane?

5) Talking on a cell phone while you order. If you do this anywhere, you are a bad person. I don't care if you volunteer at an orphanage or save kittens from burning buildings, you are a terrible person.

6) Please and thank you. Just in general, at any place or any time. Have some manners.

I know this makes me sound like a rage-a-holic, but I'm not the only one. I'm convinced working fast food crushes your soul and turns you into a passive-aggressive hate monster.

Stay in school, kids.

Fast good and customer service of any sort, Darlin'.
  • GBOGH_5
    GBOGH_5 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    You know what really grinds my gears? When I am in a public restroom and some idiot is in the stall next to me talking on her cell phone! Seriously? Either stand outside until you are done talking or call them back! Is it too much to ask that I get 45 seconds of peeing without hearing you discuss how much you hate your family? I always flush twice to make sure the other person on the phone knows they are part of my bathroom break.
  • hipsdontlie1
    hipsdontlie1 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I hate it when someone tells me to smile. I can't smile 24/7 and usually when someone says that it's because I have had a bad day and they just made it worse. Uhh... probably a strange pet peeve but I am always complimented for how much I smile so I know it isn't because I am a grumpy pants. lol.

SAME! Apprantly if I don't have a smile on my face then I am cranky! lol..... I think that would just be weird if I went around smiling constantly....... hahaha
  • Pnknlvr96
    Pnknlvr96 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    What grinds my gears is people drivine under the speed limit in the fast lane! I mean really?! There are two other lanes for you to crawl along in turtle mode, get the Frak out of my way!

I'm usually in the slow lane and sometimes go under the speed limit (ie, 60 instead of 65), and people STILL ride up on my butt going 80 and get angry. Umm, you have THREE other lanes to pass me! I think highways are just a no-win for anyone. :grumble:
  • letobot
    letobot Posts: 205
    Options
    ahhhh! stop using the word "loose" when you mean "lose"