Fav & Most Hated Christmas Carol

Options

Replies

• jcstanton
    jcstanton Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    Favorite: Too many to name, but I love the old Christmas hymns and classic Christmas music like White Christmas, I'll Be Home For Christmas, etc...

Least Favorite: Last Christmas...I HATE THAT SONG!!!! So annoying!!!

Oh, one that I love just because it's so stinkin' cute: "Nothin' For Christmas (Somebody Snitched on Me)". :laugh:
  • jlapey
    jlapey Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    I don't necessarily hate particular songs, I hate particular versions of songs.

One singer's interpretation of a song is happy and fun, someone else' is so slow and depressing I want to slit my wrists or so annoying I have to turn it off completely.

Mariah Carey's version of one song (can't remember the title right now) was rendered unrecognizable due to the excessive vocal acrobatics. I had listened to over half of it before I could figure out what it was.

I also hate Bing Crosby's version of Rudolph simply because of the line "Rudy, the red-beaked reindeer" :huh: Really? How lame is that?

One of my favorites is "All I Want for Christmas is You" by Vince Vance and the Valiants.
  • LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,198 Member
    Options
    Not a fan of the 12 Days of Christmas...it is endless.

My favorite: Non-traditional: Grandma Got Run Over By a Reindeer & the Grinch song / Traditional: The Little Drummer Boy
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    I really love Donde Esta Santa Claus

I really hate The Little Drummer Boy

I think it boils down to I dislike the religious songs
  • ceannesjourney
    Options
    Oh...and I simply LOVE the Hannakah song that Adam Sandler sings every year! Makes me laugh out loud!
  • Touched670
    Touched670 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    My favorites: A tie between Mary Did You Know (sung by ANYBODY!) and Christmas Carol (Skip Ewing)

Least favorite: And I know this is a sin in good ole' Kentucky....but its Grandma Got ran Over by a Reindeer
  • maryatpt
    Options
    My favorites are "The Little Drummer Boy and "Christmas Shoes." Even though christmas shoes song makes me think of my late mother who passed away two weeks in 1992 before Christmas. It makes me sad but still love it
  • rwhawkes
    rwhawkes Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I like nearly all Christmas "Carols" especially the ones that recognize that Christmas is all about Christ.

I find there there's something interesting and often insightful in most Christmas songs (except for the really silly ones like dogs and cats singing). Even the Pogues tune "Fairytale of New York" expresses a perspective of Christmas without Christ. Rather haunting, I must admit.
  • EatClean_WashUrNuts
    EatClean_WashUrNuts Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    Not a fan of the 12 Days of Christmas...it is endless.

My favorite: Non-traditional: Grandma Got Run Over By a Reindeer & the Grinch song / Traditional: The Little Drummer Boy

YOUR A MEAN ONE.....MR Grinch!
  • dawnp1833
    dawnp1833 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    I hate that Feed The World song or whatever it's called with all the USA for Africa celebrities singing. "There won't be snow in Africa this christmas..." Like that's a bad thing? I could be wrong, but I don't think they get much snow in Africa and if it snowed on those poor kids in the videos and commercials, wouldn't that just add to their misery?

I hate that one too for other reasons. "Tonight thank God it's them instead of you?" How terrible and selfish! Plus all the artists singing the song have tons of money, why don't THEY donate something?

Great point!
  • Dancerten
    Dancerten Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I am not religious or spiritual or faithful or a believer in anything but me; but I LOVE the traditional religious-y Christmas songs. Oh Holy Night, Silent Night, We Three Kings, What Child Is This, etc. The musicality is fantastic.

I HATE Christmas Shoes, The Grinch Song, Wonderful Christmas Time, and most of the other cutesy crap. The one cutesy exception being Feliz Navidad... how can you not like that one lol?

Also, LOVE All I Want for Christmas Is You by Mariah Carey, Christmas (Baby Please Come Home) by U2, and Please Come Home For Christmas by the Eagles
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I love them all!

christmas-carols-2.jpg?w=300
  • lachesissss
    lachesissss Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Fave: The Grinch Who Stole Christmas/ God Rest Ye Merry Gentleman/ Christmas Bells/ Feliz Navidad/ Carol of the Bells

Least Fave: Any "new wave" Christmas songs, that are overly produced, commercialized, and/ or cheery. If the Beebs sings it, I don't like it. Bah Humbug.
  • jessejames3ball
    Options
    Fave: McKenzie Brothers 12 Days of Christmas

Least Fave: everything else
  • LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,198 Member
    Options

5 GOLDEN TUKES!!!!
  • jessejames3ball
    Options

5 GOLDEN TUKES!!!!

True story: when I was in high school, all of the winter sports teams had to sing x-mas carols at a pep-fest with the student body deciding the winner. My basketball team went last. We got through one verse of this song before we were forced by the principal to stop. We won the contest in a landslide. :bigsmile:
  • TeresaWash
    Options
    Oh Holy Night - Rascal Flatts Simply amazing!

Really dislike Grandma Got ran over By a Reindeer! :)
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    my fave isn't a carol, it's a song : the little drummer boy..

ohhh and the most christmas song of all time " the fairy tale of New York" by The Pogues with Kirsty McColl

car·ol
       [kar-uhl] Show IPA noun, verb, car·oled, car·ol·ing or ( especially British ) car·olled, car·ol·ling.

noun
    1. a song, especially of joy.

2. a Christmas song or hymn.
  • beckajw
    beckajw Posts: 1,738 Member
    Options
    Hmm, I have alot of favorites!
    Little Drummer Boy
    Carol of the Bells
    Oh Holy Night
    Someone else mentioned Coventry Carol
    Emmanuel
    Mary did you Know?
    A strange way to save the World
    Trans Siberian, Christmas Cannon

As far as dislike, I hate more than anything Christmas music being played too early. I like most all of it as long as it's in the right time, AFTER thanksgiving!

I agree. It needs to start AFTER Thanksgiving.
  • LuckyAng
    LuckyAng Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    Oh Holy Night is my all time favorite. I recorded my brother's girlfriend (who's like a sister to me) singing it once in church and I cried so hard I could barely hold the camera still.
    Edited to add, I LOVE All I Want For Christmas, by Olivia Olsen (from Love Actually)

Most hated? I don't have a specific one, but there was a restaurant I worked at whose idea of variety was playing the same 10 Christmas songs over and over all sang by the same artist, who shall remain nameless. I still cringe when I hear her voice.