Favorite Lifts.. With Pics

Options
124»

Replies

• Jaymefirst
    Jaymefirst Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Bump for all the pics to come ;) I'm just starting to lift, these kinds of threads give me the motivation to step out of my comfort zone and try something new.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    I googled "hot girls doing sqauts" and it came up with a couple pictures of naked women doing squats LOL

I also found this one:

Hot-Girls-Squat2.jpg
  • sarahrbraun
    sarahrbraun Posts: 2,261 Member
    Options
    I saw A post of a lift I had never seen before, and my eyes popped out of my head.

It was this >

HipThrust.jpg
    A Hip Thrust

So epic.. What are some of your favorite lifts. Post pictures!! I'll add a second one that I found, Maybe we can put together a group of fun lifts That everyone can use!

BarbellPullover1.jpg
    Barbell Pullover

And of course, the squat. Ladies and Girls can do it too!!!!!!!!!!!
    BoxSquats.jpg

I JUST started doing barbell pull overs a few weeks ago!! I do them with a 9 or 18lb bar ( they are these weird ones from the stretching area at the gym)
  • 2abnorth
    2abnorth Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Great thread! Don't have any to add as I'm pretty new to this, but inspirational!
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    Klokov Press

0.jpg

www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLPxwuGUZBY
    Huh. Didn't realise it had a name. I used to do those.
  • victorious27
    victorious27 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • priesterse
    priesterse Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • nexangelus
    nexangelus Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    Ah! We call hip thrusts glute bridges...well that is what I call them...

p.s. still working on the power snatches with a barbell, they are hard as...I just want to do one weighted (not just the olympic bar) overhead squat before the end of the year *sigh*
  • jaysonhijinx
    jaysonhijinx Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    Deadlifts!

BW-Grainy-615x330.jpg

Never thought I'd see the day where I did weight lifting but I do and I love it! Deads are my favourite :)

Also started doing power cleans recently.
  • Siege_Tank
    Siege_Tank Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    Loving all the pictures of everyone performing their favorite lift!

InclineDBflies.jpg

DumbbellPress.jpg

DBsidebends.jpg
  • sammys1girly
    sammys1girly Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    bump
  • StyxxandStones
    Options
    I just did weighted hip thrusts for the first time the other day at the gym. I used just the 45 lb plate. It was too awkward with the bar and no plates on it. I'm always the only woman lifting, and I'm pretty sure I made the guys blush when I did that one!! :laugh:
  • jaysonhijinx
    jaysonhijinx Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    Loving all the pictures of everyone performing their favorite lift!

I wish that was me in the pic I linked up... :p
  • jworb
    jworb Posts: 146 Member
    Options
  • Siege_Tank
    Options

My trainer keeps calling these stiff leg deadlifts "regular deadlifts" and I oh-so-hate them. I wish I could just regular dead lift...
  • ironanimal
    Options

My trainer keeps calling these stiff leg deadlifts "regular deadlifts" and I oh-so-hate them. I wish I could just regular dead lift...
    Then your trainer is a moron, and as such it is your civil duty to correct him.
  • Siege_Tank
    Options

My trainer is a she, and I've caught her making several other mistakes with me, such as low weight, high rep (like 50 reps) "burnout" sets or range of motion in a leotard leg lifts... I've been catching things here and there that makes me think that she's not paying attention to detail. I think I need a new trainer, one who isn't burned out?

My goals are to pack on muscle to get my physique while restricting calories to a minor deficit, and *then* cut off the rest of the fat with the higher RMR that having muscle mass will bring. I don't want to shed off this fat and then be "skinny"

But she keeps thrashing me with crossfit.
  • jworb
    jworb Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Hmmm... if your trainer doesn't seem to be on board with your goals I'd start interviewing other trainers. Good luck!

My trainer is a she, and I've caught her making several other mistakes with me, such as low weight, high rep (like 50 reps) "burnout" sets or range of motion in a leotard leg lifts... I've been catching things here and there that makes me think that she's not paying attention to detail. I think I need a new trainer, one who isn't burned out?

My goals are to pack on muscle to get my physique while restricting calories to a minor deficit, and *then* cut off the rest of the fat with the higher RMR that having muscle mass will bring. I don't want to shed off this fat and then be "skinny"

• ironanimal
    Options

Low weight, high reps is for aerobics classes, not packing on the muscle. However, some advice - no kind of training is going to see you gain muscle on a deficit to any great degree. A newbie to lifting who is obese can add a couple of pounds at most, if they're lucky.

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/ < this is the place to go if that is your goal however, and I was following the methodology for a good while - my weight has been stable with bodyfat dropping but I'm just recently dropping my cals so I can lose the blubber faster.

Basically, you eat above maintenance on your lifting days and below the rest of the week, with your net result being a small deficit for the week. Progress is slow, but it can be done if you're very dilligent.

I see from your profile you're at least Squatting - which is awesome. But do get doing traditional Deadlifts as well - nothing will strengthen your back more and a solid back is a great foundation for whatever else you want to do.

One last note; Crossfit in of itself is great. The way it's performed in most gyms, however, is not. Form is important and not just for hypertrophy, but also for safety. So, I hope she's at least insisting on good form.