Just for Today

Options

Replies

• pkw58
    pkw58 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    What wonderful posts... And what i needed today!
  • Becky_Ebanks
    Becky_Ebanks Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I love this idea, I'm put off too many times thinking about things that may happen the following day, the follwing month, or next year. 'Just for today' can apply to so many parts of life, not just food.

This has really inspired me this morning!
  • gwenmf
    gwenmf Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    I :heart: This

Agreed! ^
  • gwenmf
    gwenmf Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    Very nicely written. It is a nice twist of thought, I am going to steal it and post on my newsfeed as most of my friends stay out of the forums; for their own sanity I imagine, lol.

I generally don't think of eating/living healthy "forever", I look at my baby boys smile and know that I truly want to be more to him than just a memory as he grows up, and that is not going to happen if I continue to dig my own grave with a knife and fork. That realization allows me to make the better decision.

Happy Holidays!

I'm stealing this~! ^^
  • toomuchbootyindapants
    Options
    Just for today: I will tell off all people who get in my way - whether it be on the freeway, at the grocery store, or in line to pick up my kid from school. THESE ARE MY DREAMS BISHES - GET OUT MAH WAY! I WILL RULE THE WORLD!!!!!
  • UticaBoy51
    UticaBoy51 Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Nicely said
  • anabet88
    anabet88 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Just for Today...food is my friend, it nourishes me, keeps me alive, and gives me joy to prepare for my family. It is not my enemy...just for today
  • albelite
    albelite Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Its the same in the AA program 'a day at a time' and that is how they get through their recovery....some 50 yrs, at least we can still eat, they cant take one drop of alcohol, I class myself lucky to have this Overeater's problem any day, good luck its a good thought to have for the day, its works if you work it :)
  • pawheeler1
    pawheeler1 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    love this!!
  • FitBeto
    FitBeto Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    Just for today, I'll stay out of MFP forums and do my work.
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    Just for today, I'll stay out of MFP forums and do my work.

good luck with that, I have a hard time with that one too!

Just for today, I will NOT give in and eat everything in the kitchen because I am home alone and bored!

I do so well on work days, all packed up and planned out, but home alone = OMNOMNOM.

Just for today, I will not have one of "THOSE" day off, I will still plan and eat like I would at work.
  • ErinGBragh
    ErinGBragh Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    So true! All the great religions and religious figures talk about the wisdom of living for today, not tomorrow, not the past:

“The secret of health for both mind and body is not to mourn for the past, not to worry about the future, or not to anticipate troubles, but to live in the present moment wisely and earnestly." -Buddha

"So don't worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will bring its own worries. Today's trouble is enough for today." - Matthew 6:34

"Transformation can only take place immediately; the revolution is now, not tomorrow." ~Jiddu Krishnamurti

"The world is three days: As for yesterday, it has vanished. As for tomorrow, you may never see it. As for today, it is yours, so work on it." - Hassan al-Basri
  • Ms_TK
    Ms_TK Posts: 19
    Options
    :heart: :heart: :heart: this!!
  • Scottb4857
    Scottb4857 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Just for today and will not be angry with the scale for not moving the way I want it to. And today I will remind myself that if I want a treat, I must earn it first. A mantra I learned from mountain biking buddies - Bombing singletrack downhills is always fun, but so much more satisfying when you earned it by riding up the mountain first!
  • Susantuti
    Susantuti Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Just for today I will get up and get moving.
  • CricketKate
    CricketKate Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options
    Just for Today: I will do it for me!
  • CricketKate
    Options
    Just for Today: I will not let a bad start dictate how the rest of my day will go!
  • Susantuti
    Susantuti Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Just for today I will be positive and grateful.
  • CricketKate
    Options
    Just for Today: I will control my own destiny!
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    Just for Today: I am going to smile more and allow ppl in.