Just for Today

Options

Replies

• CricketKate
    CricketKate Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options
    Just for Today: Remember, if you know the WHY, you can handle the HOW!
  • ryall70
    ryall70 Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    Great post :) I am going try "Just for Today":smile:
  • Cynduck
    Cynduck Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Love this!!!

Just for today!
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    Just For Today: Patience in letting my body get well and the rest will follow..
  • CricketKate
    Options
    Just for Today: I think I can! I think I can! I think I can!
  • CricketKate
    Options
    Just for Today: I will believe in myself!
  • CricketKate
    Options
    Just for Today: I am worth it!
  • Susantuti
    Susantuti Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Just for today I am happy!
  • CricketKate
    Options
    Just for Today: I will anser a sleepless night with a good workout, I need the energy!
  • DterMined2012
    DterMined2012 Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    I once heard a very wise person say that she was just one cookie away from being 300 lbs again (she was about 150 lbs at the time). I thought that statement was a little drastic at the time. However, I have come to realize the truth of it. I followed a very rigid eating plan to lose the weight after my 4th child. But when my baby turned one, that piece of birthday cake that I ate quickly turned into 20 lbs gained. I know now that if I don't keep control of the food, it will control me. That being said, I find the thought of eating healthy for the rest of my life to be a little (okay, a lot) daunting. That's why tomorrow has become my best friend. I tell myself that I'm going to eat healthy forever, so I will enjoy one last day of treats today. Unfortunately, today has lasted for several months.

So my new mantra is "For Today". I will not think about eating healthy tomorrow (until tonight when I plan tomorrow's food). I will decide to eat healthy "for Today". When I get through today, I will recommit tomorrow, and the next day and the next. Hopefully, when I've chosen the right enough times, I will forget to have to choose, it will just be my life.
    I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THIS!!!
  • Susantuti
    Susantuti Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Just for today, I will be strong!
  • Hearts_2015
    Options
    Just For Today: I will take care of my body, rest and work to get well and not feel I have to push it.
  • chervil6
    chervil6 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Just for Today: I will have control.

this is a great saying :)
  • Bobby__Clerici
    Bobby__Clerici Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    With me it's "just for this hour"....:bigsmile:
  • crrc78
    crrc78 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I have so lived in that moment for years now ......

Time to adopt "For Today" myself.

Thanks for the inspiration!

This. Thank you.
  • lizzybethclaire
    lizzybethclaire Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    This is what happened to me. I took off the gym for a week and ate crap when my kids and husband went to camp and it just led to a whole mess of trouble. That one week "off" caused me to backslide for the last few months of 2012. I don't blame the OP for being anal-retentive. Weight loss is a journey not a diet.
  • Hearts_2015
    Options
    This is what happened to me. I took off the gym for a week and ate crap when my kids and husband went to camp and it just led to a whole mess of trouble. That one week "off" caused me to backslide for the last few months of 2012. I don't blame the OP for being anal-retentive. Weight loss is a journey not a diet.
    But you're here now, you're aware of what happened, you CAN get back in control and move past this!!:wink::drinker:

I do understand what you're saying though, it sucks to have to re-lose lbs. already lost, maybe reset your ticker to your current weight and watch yourself drop back down!! You can SO do this!!!:bigsmile:
  • Hearts_2015
    Options
    Just for Today: I will have control.

this is a great saying :)
    :drinker: agree!!
  • stillfine2013
    stillfine2013 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    For today I will stop giving up because I had one moment of weakness. :indifferent:
  • DterMined2012
    DterMined2012 Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    For today I will stop giving up because I had one moment of weakness. :indifferent:
    ditto :smile: