Thanksgiving - What will you eat?

Options
There is a lot of talk in weight loss and healthy eating circles about how to handle Thanksgiving day. I think the foods most of us enjoy on Thanksgiving are part of our family history - what your mother made and what your grandmother made and what you would like to pass onto to your children. Most of these foods are comfort food and very bad for you if you ate them in large quantities every day. I'm sure most of us have a plan but as for myself I will enjoy anything I want on Thanksgiving day only in much smaller quantities. I am thankful that I have these foods available to me and a large loving family to enjoy them with. :happy:

Replies

• jynxxxed
    jynxxxed Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    I intend on eating just about everything that looks good, but just getting one plate instead of seconds/thirds. I couldn't imagine logging food on Thanksgiving and I don't intend to.
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    1dUq2.gif
  • theblitz
    Options
    basically whatever I want. I'm a vegetarian so no turkey... but potatoes, bread, wine, cranberry jelly, squash, a little stuffing, green bean casserole, and some pie and coffee to top it all off.

it's thanksgiving. it's not gonna ruin your life.
  • Koldnomore
    Koldnomore Posts: 1,613 Member
    Options
    1dUq2.gif

THIS ^^
  • lizapettit
    lizapettit Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I agree with you, but I also feel like (especially in my family) it's tradition to eat bad food for EVERY occasion: Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year's, Easter, 4th of July, Birthdays, and so on. It's kinda ridiculous actually. So this year, I'm going to eat light and go on a hike with my cousins after... time to make some healthier traditions :)
  • fitblondebaker22
    Options
    EVERYTHING I WANT :)
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    I'll be eating:

1. green bean casserole

2. veggie "turkey"

3. pumpkin cheescake

4. salad/veggies

5. rolls--love the brown and serve rolls. delicious.
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    There is a lot of talk in weight loss and healthy eating circles about how to handle Thanksgiving day. I think the foods most of us enjoy on Thanksgiving are part of our family history - what your mother made and what your grandmother made and what you would like to pass onto to your children. Most of these foods are comfort food and very bad for you if you ate them in large quantities every day. I'm sure most of us have a plan but as for myself I will enjoy anything I want on Thanksgiving day only in much smaller quantities. I am thankful that I have these foods available to me and a large loving family to enjoy them with. :happy:

I'm planning to eat some of everything I want, but I'm taking my scale and dishers and measuring each bite, then adding them to MyFitnessPal.
  • SmartAlec03211988
    SmartAlec03211988 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    Everything in sight.
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    Pie. A helluva lot of pie.
  • PeachyKeene
    PeachyKeene Posts: 1,645 Member
    Options
    Eat while I am there, everything that I want, but I will not take home leftovers, nor that extra pumpkin pie, pecan pie, or lady fingers, then eat them all by myself within a day.
  • laural007
    laural007 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Thanksgiving will be my cheat day - however, I will still portion everything I eat.
  • jeme3
    jeme3 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I'm planning on getting in some extra exercise the week of and eating what I want on T-day. I know i won't eat as much as in years past because I'm used to eating less. But I'm not going to worry about it, and I will eat pie!
  • awidener86
    awidener86 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Everything I want but I'm not going to over do it on the desserts like I do every year.
  • _crafty_
    _crafty_ Posts: 1,682 Member
    Options
    I'm going to eat whatever the hell I want . . . and I probably won't log any of it. It's Thanksgiving FFS!
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I'm going to bring a Lean Cuisine and sit in the corner eating it and glare at everyone else for daring to eat in front of me.

SABOTAGE!!!!
  • Mrsmartin61
    Options
    I'm baking a ham, sides will be. Green beans, daughter will make the mashed potatoes, and I will bake a sweet potatoe for me! A little bit of wine, and light on the desserts! Promised son a cherry cobbler this year! I just wonT bake the pecan pie! And then I will be sure to engage in the outdoor play with the kids (ages 5to 25).

I am Thankful to have a home and family close!
  • AmyP619
    AmyP619 Posts: 1,137 Member
    Options
    Everything!!!!!!!! It's ONE day. It's a holiday. It's not going to ruin your entire "diet" or whatever you're calling it. ENJOY it then get back on track Friday!
  • ncahill77
    ncahill77 Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    Everything and then going back for seconds, maybe thirds!
  • Greenrun99
    Greenrun99 Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    Everything on the table, and pie... Its just 1 day.