Thanksgiving - What will you eat?

Options

Replies

• VeganZombie13
    Options
    everything..... just use your brain..be smart...
  • MelisMusing
    MelisMusing Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Big salad, with turkey on top, and some yummy toppings like blue cheese and walnuts and dried cranberries and a delish fig balsamic. A smidge of cranberries and stuffing. No tatos or yams, because I am not making those, and I don't know exactly whats in them.

My splurge on holidays is usually in the dessert arena, and this year I am making two deserts- a coconut cranberry trifle and a pumpkin fluff trifle.

Recipe for the desert here: http://pinterest.com/melismusing/sweets-for-the-sweet/

Oh! Also, apple cider sangria.... recipe here: http://pinterest.com/pin/243757398553022811/
  • RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    Options
    Since I am going to do a 5 mile race that morning... anything I want! And I plan to have a large serving of my mom's cheesey potatoes. Best.Thing.Ever. (and of course mine aren't as good :ohwell: )
  • Tracy_03311981
    Options
    I cannot believe this is even a thread.....really people just enjoy your holiday and eat.....worry about logging and eating better on Friday....it only happens once a year
  • Ge0rgiana
    Ge0rgiana Posts: 1,649 Member
    Options
    Turkey and veggies, mostly. Maybe some yams if they're available. May or may not have dessert, depending on what's there and what mood I'm in. I'm in the awkward situation of not knowing what I'll be served. Just whatever my partner's dad and step-mom decide on.
  • YoungDoc2B
    YoungDoc2B Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    A better question is what won't I eat..

It's the holidays and I will enjoy them to the fullest. A couple days off never hurt anybody. I'll still be going to the gym, so it all balances out over time. I'm not sweatin' it
  • VictoriaWorksOut
    VictoriaWorksOut Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Going to all inclusive all you can eat resort for 6 days! I'm sure I will be eating a lot more, but will not be overeating, and will be making healthy choices. If it is a lifestyle, got to live it out everyday and everywhere.

I'm bringing my workout clothes with me to work it off as I eat through it :bigsmile: . I don't want to erase all the hard work I have been doing and be thrown back 2 weeks.

We so should post after Thanksgiving how we did....
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    As much as my belly can hold!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't wait! YUMMY!!
  • downsizinghoss
    downsizinghoss Posts: 1,035 Member
    Options
    are you kidding? I am not restricting anything. I am logging all of it and seeing how much it comes to. High score!
  • harvo
    harvo Posts: 4,676 Member
    Options
    I will take the advice of my endocronologist...Eat everything you want, do not check your blood sugar, take all your meds as directed..wake up Friday morning as if Thursday never happened....
  • ♥Faerie♥
    ♥Faerie♥ Posts: 14,053 Member
    Options
    Jameson.........Lots....and Lots......and LOTS.......of Jameson...
  • dld1363
    dld1363 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I agree with you. I will have the works at dinner in smaller portions. I have found a recipe for Sugar Free Pumpkin Mouse for dessert; instead of pie.
  • ArieB88wechanged
    Options
    I don't eat alot of carbs but sugar-now thats my downfall... I plan to work out that morning and savor my bites..that way I can get full faster
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I cannot believe this is even a thread.....really people just enjoy your holiday and eat.....worry about logging and eating better on Friday....it only happens once a year

You just want me to be fat because you're jealous.
  • mhouston2011
    Options
    I plan on eating what I want. It is only one day. Load up on lots of protein!
  • PlanetVelma
    PlanetVelma Posts: 1,231 Member
    Options
    I'm going to eat whatever the hell I want . . . and I probably won't log any of it. It's Thanksgiving FFS!

This right here! lol I will probably get up extra early to take my dogs out for a nice long walk before I start the cooking madness. My son has already asked for my sweet potato pie and of course my daughter wants pumpkin. I may get REALLY motivated and make mini-pies (yes I have a sickness)...

Otherwise I'm doing my ususal: turkey, stuffing, cranberry sauce (homemade), green beans w/ bacon, sweet pototoes, mashed potatoes/gravy, biscuits and pie & coffee for later!
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    I am going to first fill one plate with turkey, mashed potatoes, gravy, corn (I will also make several jokes about the corn while eating it), and whatever else I see that I want to eat.

But I'll only fill ONE plate.

Then, when the plate is clean, I'll grab a new plate and fill it again.

I will repeat this process until one of the following things happens:

a) I am in mild pain.
    b) The pie is cut and ready to be served.

If a) happens before b), I will pause until b).

And then I will eat pie.

I will not feel any guilt or remorse after this.
    I will also brag about it on my wall, after not logging a damn thing.
  • FreedomReigns
    FreedomReigns Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Thanksgiving breakfast....homemade cinnamon rolls, breakfast casserole, fruit salad, apple cider

Thanksgiving dinner....turkey, sausage stuffing, cranberry relish, green bean casserole, mashed potatoes, gravy and pie.....lots and lots of pie

And then i plan on passing out!
  • Yolanda4160
    Yolanda4160 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    although it will be Thanksgiving, I plan to stick to my diet and only eat what I allow myself to. No desserts, pies, stuffings filled with breading, etc. I haven't worked this hard all year to be a glutten one day. But this is strictly MY choice to do so.

but I may allow myself a glass of wine :tongue:
  • Cranktastic
    Cranktastic Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    I am going to first fill one plate with turkey, mashed potatoes, gravy, corn (I will also make several jokes about the corn while eating it), and whatever else I see that I want to eat.

But I'll only fill ONE plate.

Then, when the plate is clean, I'll grab a new plate and fill it again.

I will repeat this process until one of the following things happens:

a) I am in mild pain.
    b) The pie is cut and ready to be served.

If a) happens before b), I will pause until b).

And then I will eat pie.

I will not feel any guilt or remorse after this.
    I will also brag about it on my wall, after not logging a damn thing.

Film at 11