Talk about demotivational...

Options
So I'm a pretty thick skinned guy with a solid sense of humor, I've been the fat kid for at least the last decade or so, so I'm used to being that...but this morning I walk into work and there is a list of our crew members (there always is) on the dry erase board...the crew is listed first initial, last name...so I've been losing weight/dieting for a while now, and have to this point lost 67 pounds total (37 since joining MFP) and was feeling great about the progress I've made (still have anothe 36 pounds to my goal) but then despite my obvious effort to be less fat I show up to this...

D26AB8BD-FF79-4A92-9847-8E84094AEEE6-2578-0000030D4EDDEF19.jpg

(my last name is hammer) It is very demotivational to have someone call you fat despite your several month long effort to be something else...that said I know what I've done, and I know how far I've come, and it's not going to get me off track...really was just venting more than anything. Anyone else here have **** like this happen?

Replies

• LJCannon
    LJCannon Posts: 3,636 Member
    Options
    It says a LOT more about them (the Writer) than it does about you. Somebody is Jealous, maybe?
  • ErinGBragh
    ErinGBragh Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Just think of how you'll have the last laugh soon, though. This person is going to be so jealous when you reach your goal and get tons of attention for it.

If you find out who did this, next time write "small penis" next to their last name! Hah!
  • newmooon56
    newmooon56 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    How you treat people is YOUR karma- how they treat you is THEIRS. I feel sorry for them - their karma is dangerously close to getting them screwed. They wont understand why- but the last laugh will be on them.

Also- something I try to remember as I work in a very catty - gossip-y place - what other people think of me is none of my business. Really. Its not.

You are Strong, and have taken responsibility for YOUR life. Some coward wrote on a board, probably laughed to himself as he does in his basement every night while playing xbox while you workout.

You can change it to your rightful initial, add extra X's (to laugh along with the idiots) or leave it alone- who really cares what some 4 year old you work with thinks eh?
  • kr1stadee
    kr1stadee Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options

If you find out who did this, next time write "small penis" next to their last name! Hah!

Yep, I agree

I also agree that it says more about the author than it does about you. He (she?) is extremely jealous. Keep your head up high and get rid of the pain in your heart. You're doing amazing, and unfortunately, you'll encounter more and more asshats...

Congrats on the loss, keep it up, and ignore the haters!! :wink:
  • mcrowe1016
    mcrowe1016 Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    1) I love my pit bulls too and your profile pic is awsome

2) I think that in some cases, people feel more free to joke around about weight when you aren't as obviously obese. Does that make sense? It is like they assume that since you look more normal, you won't take them too seriously.

As far as I know, a 250 lb male is by not big enough to turn heads. There is no one looking at you and saying "omg, I can't believe how big that guy is". So I would lean towards the view that whoever wrote it actually thought they were being funny and did not mean any harm.

That being said, some people are just ****s and no amount of weight lost will ever change that.
  • bodyrollin
    bodyrollin Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    1) I love my pit bulls too and your profile pic is awsome

2) I think that in some cases, people feel more free to joke around about weight when you aren't as obviously obese. Does that make sense? It is like they assume that since you look more normal, you won't take them too seriously.

As far as I know, a 250 lb male is by not big enough to turn heads. There is no one looking at you and saying "omg, I can't believe how big that guy is". So I would lean towards the view that whoever wrote it actually thought they were being funny and did not mean any harm.

That being said, some people are just ****s and no amount of weight lost will ever change that.

1) thanks :-) that's bodie and he's the best friend a guy could ever have.

2) yeah I know he was "kidding" but still it's just one of those things that at 7:00 in the morning hit me wrong...I'm better now lol

I'm 6'5" so no 256 isn't a head turner level of fat, but I'm still not thrilled with myself right now...323 was much worse but still it makes you (even if only on a small level) think that your efforts are in vain. Ultimately though I know I'm doing it for me, so screw what anyone else thinks about it...
  • bufger
    bufger Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    I'd change it to 'XL Hammers your wife whilst you're writing stupid comments'

That;d do it
  • janalayn
    janalayn Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately it is still "okay" to pick on the fat person - the last group allowed to be discriminated against. Don't let other peoples BS affect you. Sorry it happened - but maybe the person is jealous that you are succeeding.
  • janalayn
    janalayn Posts: 510 Member
    Options

That;d do it

Love this LOL
  • Bethie_B
    Bethie_B Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    F that dude (assuming it's a dude that wrote that)!

here's what you do:

1. Keep kicking *kitten* and losing weight and get yourself all kinds of buff.

2. Bang his girl.

The end.
  • itgeekwoman
    itgeekwoman Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    You will be healthy and he will still be ignorant! Just rise up and keep going!
  • semeyer
    semeyer Posts: 282 Member
    Options

That;d do it

bahahaha :drinker:
  • chocl8girl
    chocl8girl Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    How-Rude-gif-1-.gif
  • melindadunston
    Options
    Why do people think this is ok?
  • lenniebus
    lenniebus Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Just plain rude and adolescent--probably a small, pimply-faced moron that hasn't grown or matured since the 7th grade. Totally get that this would hit you wrong...but you totally know you could kick his/her *kitten*.
  • Izzwoz
    Izzwoz Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    How you treat people is YOUR karma- how they treat you is THEIRS. I feel sorry for them - their karma is dangerously close to getting them screwed. They wont understand why- but the last laugh will be on them.

Also- something I try to remember as I work in a very catty - gossip-y place - what other people think of me is none of my business. Really. Its not.

You are Strong, and have taken responsibility for YOUR life. Some coward wrote on a board, probably laughed to himself as he does in his basement every night while playing xbox while you workout.

You can change it to your rightful initial, add extra X's (to laugh along with the idiots) or leave it alone- who really cares what some 4 year old you work with thinks eh?

100% agree - don't give it the time and place and let it take away any of your energy and karma - it is not worth it!!!
  • Krys_140
    Krys_140 Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    Shoot, what if he was just saying you have a big hammer? Or, he thinks of you a being large in the hammer area?

I mean, I know that's PROBABLY not the case, but it's a possibility, and you can either take the silliness to heart, or you can turn it around and make a joke out of it.

Personally, I tend to make a joke out of it. Sure, the zinger hurts, but why let it keep hurting??
  • bodyrollin
    bodyrollin Posts: 215 Member
    Options

That;d do it
    great!!!
  • Ivian_
    Ivian_ Posts: 276 Member
    Options

That'd do it

Or "XL Hammer; to better pound your wife with (insert smiley face)"

:laugh: On the real, some people are just douchey. And they like to pick fun at people. Sometimes it's to cause damage and sometimes it's just to mess around. Congrats on your weight loss thus far! Keep up the good work! And fk you're tall! Lol
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    posting the guys picture is kind of petty

dont stoop to his level