Transformations -- Pear Shape

Options

Replies

• timeforsomethingsweet
    Options
    Im interested in seeing this too! Im pear shaped as well! Thanks =)
  • keelyjrs
    keelyjrs Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I carry all of my extra weight (when I have extra weight) in my hips, thighs and butt. But weight training has proved to help change my shape.

5'4" 130-ish pounds (probably more like 135 but I didn't weigh myself back then).

2004_b-1-1.jpg

Now - 112 pounds and drastically lowered the hippy-ness and thighs!

Epic_2011148-2.jpg

I hope you don't mind me saying, but I think that your after figure is the epitome of "the perfect figure" , slim but not skinny, and feminine curves..... jealous much lol
  • LuckyMe381
    LuckyMe381 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    bump
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    FrontProgress-1.jpg

BackProgress-2.jpg

Calorie deficit + lots of cardio for a few months. Lost 12lbs.

Calorie surplus + heavy lifting. Gained 11lbs.

Maintained for a few months.
  • DaysFlyBy
    DaysFlyBy Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Okay srsly, how in bloody hell are you guys losing weight in your hips and booty and thighs yet keeping your breasts?! My body won't give up an ounce of booty fat until my rack is completely decimated. I'm going to end up looking more pear shaped than ever at this rate because I'll have nothing left on top to balance it out...sigh. It is, however, highly encouraging that thin thighs may actually fall within the realm of possibility for me.
  • andy13
    andy13 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    The best thing about dieting with MFP is getting to look at all the hotties that made it :-)
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Okay srsly, how in bloody hell are you guys losing weight in your hips and booty and thighs yet keeping your breasts?! My body won't give up an ounce of booty fat until my rack is completely decimated. I'm going to end up looking more pear shaped than ever at this rate because I'll have nothing left on top to balance it out...sigh. It is, however, highly encouraging that thin thighs may actually fall within the realm of possibility for me.

Can't speak for anyone else, but I never had a lot of boobs to begin with... they didn't get bigger with weight gain, which was a cruel, cruel joke from Mother Nature. I'm still wearing most of the same bras, just with shorter straps and tighter bands.

But strength training is the key. The heavier, the better.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    I'm not pear shaped, but my booty is the biggest part of my body, partly because it's perky (the rest of my body being very small).
  • sweetpotatofry
    sweetpotatofry Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I carry all of my extra weight (when I have extra weight) in my hips, thighs and butt. But weight training has proved to help change my shape.

5'4" 130-ish pounds (probably more like 135 but I didn't weigh myself back then).

2004_b-1-1.jpg

Epic_2011148-2.jpg

oh my GOSH this is so inspirational!! In that second pic you suddenly look much more like an hourglass :happy:
  • Jaulen
    Jaulen Posts: 468 Member
    Options

Ditto here.

My body is last on....first off.....

The only thing I'll hate about losing weight is going back down to an A bra. So hard to find cute 36A....
  • BinaryPulsar
    Options

Ditto here.

The only thing I'll hate about losing weight is going back down to an A bra. So hard to find cute 36A....

Here is a good company: http://www.thelittlebracompany.com
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I only shop the clearance racks, so that automatically cuts the selection way down, but I've found loads of cute bras at Target and Kohls. Granted, they're probably meant for teenagers, but 1) no one sees them by my husband and me, and 2) there's nothing wrong with having boobs like a teenager in your 40s. :happy:
  • BinaryPulsar
    Options
    I only shop the clearance racks, so that automatically cuts the selection way down, but I've found loads of cute bras at Target and Kohls. Granted, they're probably meant for teenagers, but 1) no one sees them by my husband and me, and 2) there's nothing wrong with having boobs like a teenager in your 40s. :happy:

My band size is 28, so bra shopping in stores is a challenge for me. I agree nothing wrong with having breasts like a teenager. For me at 34 and after breastfeeding two kids. I'm quite happy to be perky (my husband loves it as well).
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options

Ditto here.

I wear a 36A and haven't had many problems with it. I shop at Kohls and the Bali outlet mainly.
  • 05saleengirl
    Options
    I'm on my phone right now...but I have pics on my profile.
  • skinimin
    skinimin Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    If you have a pear shaped body, you should not wear pear colored clothes, or act juicy.
  • thisisiamj
    thisisiamj Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    So inspirational! One question... were your hips the last to go? I'm about almost half way to my goal, but my hips and thighs have barely gotten smaller, but my waist is getting so much smaller. So frustrating!
  • riveraphx
    riveraphx Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    bump!! I think I'll have to take before shots so I can post them someday.
  • nomayo
    nomayo Posts: 228
    Options

2004_b-1-1.jpg

Epic_2011148-2.jpg

WOW! Do you mind if i put you on my inspiration board?
  • heather_9931
    Options
    bump
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!