Calling all COFFEE LOVERS!

Options
I have heard a lot about coffee both good and bad. How many of you cut coffee and caffeine out of your diets and whats your guys take on both?

Replies

• mamasmaltz3
    mamasmaltz3 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Options
    No coffee? No way! I drink one big cup in the morning and that is it. I would drink more but I am pretty sensitive to caffeine. Any more than that and I would be unable to sleep at night.
  • carld256
    carld256 Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    I'm a diabetic, and caffeine will raise your blood sugar like any other stimulant. So, I've switched to one pot of half-caff, and if I want more I make decaf. I think some coffee is fine, even beneficial. If you're not having a specific problem with it, drink up.

However, I do know one woman who put herself in the ER with an erratic heart beat after drinking three pots of coffee in one day.
  • mamasmaltz3
    Options
    I did, for one day. Kicked 3 puppies and a homeless guy.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: So mean but it nearly made me spit my coffee out. Jk, I was drinking water.
  • belladonna786
    belladonna786 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    I will never cut out coffee. I only have one cup in the morning and I need it if my family is to survive
  • mrganrshort
    mrganrshort Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am a coffee addict. I'm not an expert but In my experience, Coffee from places like starbucks=bad. Obviously in moderation it is okay if you want to grab coffee with a friend every once in a while, in that case I try to steer away from mixed coffee drinks and frappuccino's and the like. Coffee made at home with a little fat free cream and truvia is what I drink most mornings. Coffee is not horrible for you and there are ways to stay on your diet and incorporate it in as well.
  • Amanda82691
    Amanda82691 Posts: 298 Member
    Options

ok?
  • noirnatural
    noirnatural Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    D@MN..LOL:laugh: :noway:
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: So mean but it nearly made me spit my coffee out. Jk, I was drinking water.

Don't even joke about spitting out coffee! :noway: That's wasteful
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    No I did not as I have not seen anything to indicate I should.
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    PaleoPath4Lyfe Posts: 3,161 Member
    Options
    I allow myself to have coffee in the morning. I consume no caffeine after noon due to it keeping me awake at night if I have caffeine in the afternoon.
  • emandlukeplusone
    emandlukeplusone Posts: 38 Member
    Options

:laugh: :heart: :laugh:
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options

ok?

You asked for people's experiences, I gave you mine. I will not be cutting out caffeine in the future, lest I end up in jail.
  • skinnyforhi
    skinnyforhi Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    To answer your question, I did cut coffee. I was drinking mine black so it wasn't a calorie issue for me. I'm just sensitive to the caffeine. I do know it can really add up if you buy the specialty coffee drinks--in calories AND price!

I switched to black tea in the morning and I have green tea in the afternoon. I still get a bit of caffeine and I figure the extra antioxidants can't hurt!
  • live2love2012
    Options
    I have one big cup in the morning to start my day and that's all I need! I will never give it up....I feel like my day doesn't start right if I don't have that!! Just like everything else...it's all about MODERATION!!
  • mamasmaltz3
    Options

Don't even joke about spitting out coffee! :noway: That's wasteful

:cry: Sorry, I won't do it again.
  • mjrkearney
    mjrkearney Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Coffee actually has some pretty decent health benefits as long as you don't overdo it or load up on cream and sugar. It has a lot of antioxidants and can help with anxiety and fatigue.
  • graysmom2005
    graysmom2005 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    Life it too short. It's wrong, but coffee makes me so damn happy. I don't know why. Especially in the morning when it's cold out. With my big robe on, holding my massive warm coffee mug is heaven.
  • graysmom2005
    graysmom2005 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options

ok?

You asked for people's experiences, I gave you mine. I will not be cutting out caffeine in the future, lest I end up in jail.
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • mfpcopine
    mfpcopine Posts: 3,093 Member
    Options
    I need it, and the current science says a moderate amount is fine. I've been trying to do Intermittent Fasting, which means black coffee those mornings, and have been searching for a blend that I can drink without my usual fat-free milk.

COFFEE GOOD.:drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • Spatialized
    Spatialized Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Um, no. My morning cup is what gets me out of bed. Removing coffee drinks though, the fat and sugar laden monstrosities that Starbucks and their ilk call "coffee", is a great idea. Saves you money and calories.