Calling all COFFEE LOVERS!

Options

Replies

• mhaight85
    Options
    Coffee actually has some pretty decent health benefits as long as you don't overdo it or load up on cream and sugar. It has a lot of antioxidants and can help with anxiety and fatigue.

This! I've cut coffee out before, mostly because of the caffeine, when I was pregnant. I used to drink it with a lot of cream/sugar so I know it was really bad for me then. Now I drink just one cup a day with a small amount of flavored creamer...it's one of my indulges each day. :O)

Caffeine withdrawal is NOT fun, but after a couple days it gets easier.
  • dwoodmanjr
    dwoodmanjr Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Love it, but I did have to cut down to one travel mug per day (so 2 K-cups). I used to drink a pot full each morning - and more on the weekends. Sunday morning with the paper and several cups of coffee is near Nirvana
  • jenniferinfl
    jenniferinfl Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I love my coffee.. Had a personal trainer who wanted me to give it up because she thought that was the reason for my elevated heart rate. She wanted to be able to kill me on the treadmill, but, my heart rate kept going to high. Three weeks without coffee and it was still high anyways. She kept insisting I was cheating, but, no, I had really given up coffee. Worst three weeks ever.

I've gone from half and half to using whole milk and I measure it. I measure my sugar. I just work it into my diet because it is also very much a social thing, everyone I know has coffee breaks. I would have no social life if I gave up coffee.. lol

Edited to add: Oh my goodness, completely forgot that I also gave up caffeine while pregnant. I guess I didn't count that as it wasn't something I felt was up to me, I felt it was something that had to be done whether I liked it or not.. lol
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    I like coffee. I have no plans to ever cut it from my diet.
  • Leeann1979
    Leeann1979 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Coffee doesnt affect my sleep at all either!! Most likely cuz I am very addicted to it and have been for almost 20 years.
    I usually have 2 a day, used to have anywhere from 4-6 a day, but thankfully I cut back. I only take 1 shot of cream and 1 sweetener. I will never quit coffee. Love it too much.
  • Tropical_Turtle
    Tropical_Turtle Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    you will have to pry my coffee cup from my cold dead hands before I give it up willingly!!!!
  • marciaik
    marciaik Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    My personal trainer said coffee isnt bad for you. I mean if your putting a pound of cream and sugar, then yea its bad....But he said it dehydrates you so you want to drink a lot of water first in the morning before drinking coffee...
  • tommygirl15
    tommygirl15 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    Coffee = love.
  • Dian_MT
    Dian_MT Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    my coffee habit has never changed,strong and plenty of it :)
  • Farburnfred
    Farburnfred Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I love my coffee.. Until after lunch then I switch to tea...don't use sugar or sweeteners..
  • dorothytd
    dorothytd Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    How else would I be able to get in my recommended daily amount of skim milk?

LOVE COFFEE. I gave up diet soda for a while and would do it again, but not coffee.
  • Melaniec78
    Melaniec78 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Stay away from STARBUCKS :wink:
    I like the others HAVE to have my morning cup before anyone even dares talk in my house. I used to use it as a vessel to pour sugar and cream down my throat. When I started cutting out sugar I tried the sugar free creamers and they were ok but gave me headaches. So at the insistence of some friends I 'taught' myself to drink it black. For the first week I gagged everday but I stuck it out. Now I can't even imagine adding calories to my coffee it would be gross and I definetly feel like I enjoy the benefits of my coffe more- antioxidants and not choking my children and such....
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    I drink TONS of caffeine (coffee, pepsi max and energy drinks) and I LOVE IT!!!
  • MelisMusing
    MelisMusing Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    I'd die (and so would others) if I went without my cafesito!
  • BetterCrazyThanLazy
    Options
    I am not sensitive to caffeine at all and I drink it when I am hungry between meals and don't have calories to spare for snacks (I drink black coffee). Never tried to go without it and probably never will. :drinker:
  • Julettashane
    Julettashane Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    coffee.jpg
  • FindingSexy
    FindingSexy Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I love coffee!!! I used to drink it all day long. I liked A LOT of non-dairy powder creamer in it and splenda. I limited myself to 2 cups of coffee, 4 table spoons of powdered creamer, and 4 splenda packets a day. I lost 7 pounds!!!! Now I have 2 to 4 cups of black coffee a day.
  • Jen32285
    Jen32285 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    I managed to give up coffee for about a month. It was horrible. I'm a much happier person with my coffee. I saw a shirt last night that I really want. It says "coffee(n.) a hug in a cup"
  • 13inchestogo
    13inchestogo Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I think in moderation coffee can be beneficial! On the days I don't feel like exercising or going for my run I drink my coffee and blam I'm all ready to go lol. Plus it helps with other things also.... lol
  • harryzrw194
    Options
    I do not cut it out. Just modify it.
    I mix 3 tbsp's of shoprite decaf with 1 tbsp of any espresso coffee on sale.
    When I go to make the coffee, I use only 3 tbsp's and brew.
    To me it tastes very smooth and not like decaf at all.
    ENJOY.......