Women getting bulky!??

Options

Replies

• Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    iriskyle.jpg

That's what happens when women inject male hormones. If you think this is bad, look up "Renee Toney"

I did. "Nuff said!:noway:
    Wow I would need to see a va jay jay.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    Thank you for beating the dead horse some more.

Definitely not bulky after lifting heavy. Horny, yes. Bulky, no.
  • harlanJEN
    harlanJEN Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options
    NO FEAR here !

haven't gotten bulky , lost my uterus or grown any man parts. Oddly, I've gotten smaller, sleeker , stronger and much more BAMtastic !

Jen

who dead lifted 195, leg pressed 460 and flipped a tire today : )
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    Thank you for beating the dead horse some more.

Definitely not bulky after lifting heavy. Horny, yes. Bulky, no.

How YOU doin?
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    No female lifters in the house?

Yes, there are. But we already know this.

^^^this *yawn*
  • JewelsinBigD
    JewelsinBigD Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    Just googled Renee Toney. Really that is a female? Wow. I just see zero 'feminine' qualities in her physical appearance.
    I would need proof...there is no way
  • Game8
    Game8 Posts: 442
    Options
    Just googled Renee Toney. Really that is a female? Wow. I just see zero 'feminine' qualities in her physical appearance.
    I would need proof...there is no way

This goes on to show that the difference between being a man and being a woman is mainly hormones. That's it.
  • ZoeLifts
    ZoeLifts Posts: 10,347 Member
    Options
    I agree with the OP, but I have had this discussion over and over and read it over and over in these forums and I think that there is a translation issue with the term bulky. When SOME women say they don't want to get "bulky" they are actually referring to any sort of muscle definition. Many would call my arm and shoulder in my pic bulky, I'm sure, because there is shape and some definitiion to the muscle, albeit small because I still have high body fat.

When I think of the term bulky, I think of mass, which is I think what most of the rest of you that promote women lifting heavy on here think as well, right? It is actually quite perplexing to my why a woman wouldn't want some shapliness in her musculature, but I think I am in the minority among alot of women.

Anyway, just thought I would throw that out there to help clarify things based off of my own, personal observation.
  • minsooky
    Options
    Brb bulked for 6 months and don't even look like I lift. Feelsbad

Most women who say they're bulky just need to lose weight, because the actual "bulk" is fat. Of course most women don't like to hear that...
  • nonstopper
    nonstopper Posts: 1,108 Member
    Options
    ummmmmmm id love a huge big woman to toss me around in the bed room hahahaha! im just joking!!! I crack myself up!...:huh:
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    Weight lifting made me manly. can you tell?
  • Sharkington
    Options
    I agree and used to be one of those people who worried about it, but I actually look and feel better now that I have incorporated strength training into my workout routine, as opposed to just pure cardio. There is definitely a difference between "bulky" and "toned".
  • MichelleLaree13
    MichelleLaree13 Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    I actually want to get bulky... I mean not disgustingly body builder bulky... which can only really happen for men or women if they are on steroids... but yeah... Can't wait for the day when in can throw down 100 pull ups like it's nothing.

20% body fat does a good job of covering up all the muscle. Muscle makes everything tight and toned but that fat keeps women from looking manly.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options

That translates into a fraction of 1 lb of lean muscle gain in a year in comparison.

Oh cr*p......brb......doing Zumba.

BTW: women can gain approx. 1/2 that men can. We have about 1/16th of the testosterone but that does not mean we have 1/16th of the muscle gain potential.
  • inuta
    inuta Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Very excited...am going to start weight lifting ASAP....i have been running everyday with minimal change....time to switch things up.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    Options
    I agree with the OP, but I have had this discussion over and over and read it over and over in these forums and I think that there is a translation issue with the term bulky. When SOME women say they don't want to get "bulky" they are actually referring to any sort of muscle definition. Many would call my arm and shoulder in my pic bulky, I'm sure, because there is shape and some definitiion to the muscle, albeit small because I still have high body fat.

Yep. They don't want to look "bulky" like Madonna. She's not bulky. She's not even particularly muscular. She just has very, very low body fat.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Most women who say they're bulky just need to lose weight, because the actual "bulk" is fat. Of course most women don't like to hear that...

:drinker:

I'm pretty bulky, but not as bulky as I was before MFP! :laugh:
  • woodsygirl
    woodsygirl Posts: 354 Member
    Options

Personally I love it, but some may find me too muscular. I think I am just lucky in genetics? I don't know.

I do think I could look freakin awesome if I had time to lift heavy!

I think you look pretty freaking awesome now, lifting heavy or not. I'm jealous! ;)
  • HMVOL7409
    HMVOL7409 Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options

When I think of the term bulky, I think of mass, which is I think what most of the rest of you that promote women lifting heavy on here think as well, right? It is actually quite perplexing to my why a woman wouldn't want some shapliness in her musculature, but I think I am in the minority among alot of women.

Anyway, just thought I would throw that out there to help clarify things based off of my own, personal observation.

I agree with this bc the girl who called me bulky at the gym was referring to the amount of muscle I had and my definition not referring to me as needing to lose weight bc that's not the case.
  • Lady_Bane
    Lady_Bane Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    I only look like this at JUST the right precise angle......and when I flex realllllyyyyy hard. Other than that.....NOONE has and IDEA that I lift. I just have very slender arms with a tiny tone when at rest. Basically...I just look skinny LOL