3 Day Diet, Lose 10 lbs

Options
123457»

Replies

• neveragain84
    neveragain84 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    I have been this diet before and it works. I am on it now this is my second week and I have lost 10lb. working on the next 10lb. but when you get off you have to workout and get better than you did before or like all diets you are going to gain it back plus some. I learned about this diet at work at the hospital, if they needed people to lose weight fast to do a operation they would do this diet and it worked so I tried it. a diet only works if you want to lose the weight and workout. but each their own.
    I swear by this diet! I lost 25 lbs about 3 years ago using this diet once a week and maintaining a 1200 daily calorie intake for the rest of the days. Kept it off for about 2 years until I fell into depression and gained a lot of it back. I'm now on my second day of the diet (first week) and ready to get into shape.

*sigh*

X a billion

In a nutshell:

yoyo.jpg
  • Dalker
    Dalker Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Is this genuinely used pre surgery? I would have thought that being starved for three days would make recovery harder? I understand that weight reduction reduces the risks of surgery but surely a quick '10 pounds' of water weight would make little difference?
    Any health care professionals know?
  • SofaKingRad_II
    Options
    I prefer to wear a body wrap. WAY more realistic.
  • LaLaLovely76
    LaLaLovely76 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    The only way to lose 10lbs in 3 days is to have the violent stomach flu

LOL!
  • Wtn_Gurl
    Wtn_Gurl Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    if you did this diet and got dizzy, i think thats ketosis.

i think anyone at the beginning of their diet could lose 10 pounds in a few days, but thats more water weight and thats someone who is 300 pounds.
  • LaLaLovely76
    Options
    The Military Diet--I tried it, lost 6 lbs in 3 days--had headaches all 3 days--was so hungry at the end of the 3rd day that I binged and gained all of the weight back, plus an additional 5 lbs. Just eating healthier and exercising is always the better option:)

Awww, I'm sorry to hear.. That's what I fear...If I do these drastic "diets" I'll lose, but once I start back eating regularly, it'll slowly come back. I was going to try the raw food diet for 10 days (10 days, 10 pounds), but I knew for certain I'd gain it back once I started eating regular food
  • LaLaLovely76
    Options
    if you did this diet and got dizzy, i think thats ketosis.

i think anyone at the beginning of their diet could lose 10 pounds in a few days, but thats more water weight and thats someone who is 300 pounds.

That's what I'm starting to believe. I see where certain people lose tons of weight in the first couple of months and it must be water weight....I've busted my but these past few months and have only shed about 18 pounds.....
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options
    867733d1373391202-gravity-fsx-1-0-bikesdirect-com-40346d1374446638-job-offer-zombie_thread.jpg
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    Tried this. However, it's actually the 4 Day Diet.

Day 4. Devour your own young due to starvation.
  • arligal
    arligal Posts: 1
    Options
    I did this diet about 25 years ago, and it worked very well for me. I found that the hardy dinner portions made it so much easier. After all, evenings are when you tend to get the hungriest. You cannot substitute anything, though. It has to be followed exactly as it says because , as I was told, it works by chemical breakdown. Some foods react with others to burn the calories. Anyway, the first week, I lost about 7 lbs but I could tell it was all water (reason for which you must keep very well hydrated). The scale showed a lower number, but my clothes didn't start fitting looser until like the 3rd or 4th week of doing the diet straight every week without taking a break. Since i was eating less, my stomach shrank and during the four days of regular eating, I got full a lot faster. As the initial water weight shed off, the real weight followed. Therefore, it was only about 1 or 2 lbs per week that I averaged of weightloss. I dieted for close to 12 wks continuously, and lost approximately 20 lbs as well as two dress sizes. I plateaud and couldn't lose anymore, but I was happy with the results so I quit. The only disadvantage was that I didn't want to even THINK about tuna, broccoli and carrots for the next few years lol. I had kept off the weight during all this time, but due to gallbladder surgery I have gained some recently. After 25 years, I think I can do it once again. I don't know if it will work as well now that I'm older, but we'll see.
  • Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    Put lots of salt on everything. That will make it work better.