Replies

• dlneitzel
    dlneitzel Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    bump
  • schpanks
    schpanks Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    I have bananas getting overripe now. Yum!
  • KrazyAsianNic
    KrazyAsianNic Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    That sounds delicious! I really do have to try these. How big are your cookes? How many does 2 bananas and 1 cup oats make?
  • ArtGeek22
    ArtGeek22 Posts: 1,429 Member
    Options
    For later! Thanks :D
  • RVfrog
    RVfrog Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    will have to try these later....
  • marilou0511
    marilou0511 Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    That sounds delicious! I really do have to try these. How big are your cookes? How many does 2 bananas and 1 cup oats make?

Hello from Chicago!
    Made this yesterday. Came out to 12 1-tablespoon size cookies. MFP recipe builder came out at 46 calories each cookie (with added 1 tsp pure vanilla extract).

Sorry, but won't make it again as is. Came out gummy. Will try again but will add flaked coconuts with hope that I'll enjoy this banana-oats-coconut version better.
  • LinCharpentier
    LinCharpentier Posts: 1,129 Member
    Options
    banana and oatmeal sounds good. Could put the oatmeal in a ninja or blender and make oatmeal flour.

I used dates the other day i wanted something sweet. So i took dates a bit of water boiled it like you would for date squares added a bit of lemon. Then mixed a bunch of oatmeal in it. Did the trick and was darn good.

But I will try the banana for sure.
  • claricecollins
    Options
    BUMP!
  • djc315
    djc315 Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    bumpity bump.
  • MusicInMyHeart
    Options
    I'm not a sweets person but I'm a sucker for easy recipes. I'll try these out. Thanks for the recipe! :happy:
  • Dragonldy69
    Dragonldy69 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    These are so awesome. I found them on Pinterest or something the other day and made them today.

2 old bananas
    1 cup quick or old fashioned oats(no cooking or soaking of oats)

Seriously. That's it. Just mash the bananas and mix in the oats. ...
    [/quote]

I add a cup of peaunut butter and maybe alittle more oats and roll them into balls and roll them in coconut and put into the refrig. No cooking..
  • Bubble105
    Bubble105 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Bump! I told my boyfriend about these and they seem to be a winner...
  • ElishaFields
    ElishaFields Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I made this twice over the weekend; they are fantastic. Not only fills you up, but adding 1 T of mini chocolate chips hit the sweet spot!
  • Julicat6
    Julicat6 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    banana and oatmeal sounds good. Could put the oatmeal in a ninja or blender and make oatmeal flour.

I used dates the other day i wanted something sweet. So i took dates a bit of water boiled it like you would for date squares added a bit of lemon. Then mixed a bunch of oatmeal in it. Did the trick and was darn good.

But I will try the banana for sure.

Going to try the OP's Banana/oat cookies because they sound divine. Might be just the ticket for Hiking days. But the Date/Oatmeal thing sounds good too. I'm out of Bananas, but have some dates:love: I already do banana protein pancakes so I bet I will like the banana cookies.
  • shinkalork
    shinkalork Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    Tried them,,,,Very good.

I went simple.

2 bananas, 1 cup of oats and I added 1 tbs of natural peanut butter..yummmmmy!

I have some no calories syrup which i'll try with next time. will be a bit more sweet.
  • Debbiedebbiey
    Debbiedebbiey Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    Nom nom:bigsmile:
  • cappri
    cappri Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options
    I made these tonight, I doubled the bananas and oats and added in a small amount of chocolate chips and chopped walnuts. AMAZING! They are so good and super filling.
  • KrazyAsianNic
    KrazyAsianNic Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options

Hello from Chicago!
    Made this yesterday. Came out to 12 1-tablespoon size cookies. MFP recipe builder came out at 46 calories each cookie (with added 1 tsp pure vanilla extract).

Sorry, but won't make it again as is. Came out gummy. Will try again but will add flaked coconuts with hope that I'll enjoy this banana-oats-coconut version better.

thank you!
  • fham2365
    Options
    Those sound great! Have you ever tried a diet coke cake..its 1 chocloate cake mix and 1 can of diet coke...mix together and bake as directed on the cake box...then top with cool whip..great sweet fix and not bad for us!!! and the cake is really moist too!
  • mdcjmom
    mdcjmom Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    bump