You're doing it wrong if you're thinking "how skinny feels"

Options
12345679»

Replies

• evelyn877
    Options
    Good point....I'll be changing the way I word that phrase from now on. Thanks!
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    While I've never cared for the phrase, I would think anyone who has been skinny and fit knows that there is some truth to the statement "nothing tastes as good as skinny feels". It is this knowledge that makes us regret having one too many pieces of pizza or 5 cookies instead of 2.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Truthfully, having been skinny, having been normal weight, having been chubby... when I (foolishly) thought my only choices were (1) starve and be thin and (2) eat what you want and be a little overweight... I said, "F this!" and went back to eating what I wanted.

I'm really, really glad I learned (3) eating RIGHT doesn't mean being hungry, doesn't mean giving up foods you like, doesn't mean being miserable, but does mean pushing yourself to be a little more active (which, as it turns out, is actually kind of fun!).
  • Hollycat
    Hollycat Posts: 372
    Options
    Slim = Healthy FALSE!

Slim people can be just as sick as obese people. Particularly if they're eating the standard north american pyramid diet.

In addition to lots of wisely done strengthening, cardio and stretching, you may want to consider a plant-based, nutrient-rich diet. If you choose to eat this way, you'll be healthy like crazy!!!!

Dr. Oz, Dr. Joel Fuhrman, Dr. Robert O. Young and a host of others all recommend this way of eating, over the standard north american food pyramid. Thousands of people have regained their health by following this way of eating.

For those who just want to lose weight.....I've lost an average of 2.95 pounds a week, EATING THIS WAY and I've never been healthier. I know this to be true because I get my blood analyzed regularly by a Live Blood Analyst. I can SEE the improvements.

Your choice.

Hollycat:flowerforyou:
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Slim = Healthy FALSE!

Slim people can be just as sick as obese people. Particularly if they're eating the standard north american pyramid diet.

In addition to lots of wisely done strengthening, cardio and stretching, you may want to consider a plant-based, nutrient-rich diet. If you choose to eat this way, you'll be healthy like crazy!!!!

Dr. Oz, Dr. Joel Fuhrman, Dr. Robert O. Young and a host of others all recommend this way of eating, over the standard north american food pyramid. Thousands of people have regained their health by following this way of eating.

For those who just want to lose weight.....I've lost an average of 2.95 pounds a week, EATING THIS WAY and I've never been healthier. I know this to be true because I get my blood analyzed regularly by a Live Blood Analyst. I can SEE the improvements.

Your choice.

Hollycat:flowerforyou:

People eating a plant-based, nutrient-rich diet can be just as sick as an obese person or a slim person eating the standard north american pyramid diet (whatever that is!).
  • SabrinaJL
    SabrinaJL Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    Discipline is required. Deprivation is not.

I did stop eating Pop Tarts. To be honest, I never thought they were all that tasty, just convenient.

I've recently STARTED eating Pop Tarts. I never really cared for them until I got my daughter some of the holiday flavors to try. Gingerbread and Pumpkin Pie. They are so good that I've taken to having one with a cup of decaf coffee in the evening. I'll be sad when the holidays are over. :laugh:
  • MudDancer
    MudDancer Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    thanks for this :smile:
  • erintgaffaney
    Options
    I've never much cared for that phrase. Probably because I've always been more interested in being strong than skinny (also because I've eaten bacon).

<3 bacon.

To quote Ron Swanson of "Parks and Recreation":

Give me all the bacon and eggs you have.
  • Melo1966
    Melo1966 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    Besides, lots of things DO taste as good as skinny feels!

If it don't taste good, it ain't worth putting in your mouth. In moderation.

This weekend I tried an off brand fiber bar to save a few bucks over Fiber One and Fiber Plus both of which I think taste as good as a candy bar. But this new one was DISGUSTING. If I had to eat that to lose weight then forget it.
  • jetscreaminagain
    jetscreaminagain Posts: 1,130 Member
    Options
    Ha! I remember Oprah saying that all the time on her show, and, um, yeah... I think she's doing it wrong.

Thanks for putting this in here. Maybe it sums up a portion of what I'm saying: how skinny feels is maybe not gonna last for a long time as a motivator.

That said, I whole-heartedly agree with the posters that commented on how civil and polite this thread has been until now even with some folks disagreeing. Thank you so much for that. Yay MFP community.
  • MissJanet55
    MissJanet55 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    I believe that the tone of the OP set the tone for the thread. Well done.
  • I loathe Kate Moss, but I quite like the phrase.

Substitute "slim" for "skinny," and there is a lot of truth to it. I have been slim (am starting to get there again) and I have been several stone overweight (gained while breastfeeding). The former does indeed feel much better.

I love huge meaty Cornish pasties, but I'm not going to get to my goal if I eat them every day or even most days, because I cannot physically exercise off the extra 1000+ calories (thus consumed in the space of two minutes!) in the hour or so a day I have free for exercise.

Mindful eating is an excellent thing. I know 'cause I'm pretty ****e at it.
  • absolutionneverrelativity
    Options
    Awesome post
  • Ivey05131980
    Ivey05131980 Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    You rock!
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    That said, I whole-heartedly agree with the posters that commented on how civil and polite this thread has been until now even with some folks disagreeing. Thank you so much for that. Yay MFP community.

Yay you for doing a great job of facilitating :flowerforyou:
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options

I've recently STARTED eating Pop Tarts. I never really cared for them until I got my daughter some of the holiday flavors to try. Gingerbread and Pumpkin Pie. They are so good that I've taken to having one with a cup of decaf coffee in the evening. I'll be sad when the holidays are over. :laugh:

I so need to find those. I never eat pop tarts - not because I think there is anything wrong with them - just that the flavors never appealed - I may be a convert with those though.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options

The weakest workout is far superior to the workout left undone.

I like this one.
  • jetscreaminagain
    jetscreaminagain Posts: 1,130 Member
    Options
    Really. Enjoy your life. If you're grumpy, you might need that cookie. One cookie won't derail your week or even your day.

Enjoy your life.
  • Valera0466
    Valera0466 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Inspiring! Well written.