1200 calorie friends?

Options

Replies

• BellaCoconut
    Options
    Am a bit late to this thread, but I'm just starting over at 1200cal after having my baby and planning for a wedding this year! I am 5'3'' . I will set my diary to public, feel free to add me- I welcome any tips, encouragement and help I can get!!! We can SO do this :-) It is easier with like-minded folks, though!
  • MissKriss3
    MissKriss3 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I have a 1200 calories goal and an open diary. I exercise 5 - 6 days a week for 30 - 60 minutes and I eat my calories back most of the time. I'm always looking for friends that log daily and are supportive.
  • cristidawn
    cristidawn Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Add me please! I need all the support and motivation I can get. Ready to do it this time...and keep doing it!
  • Mlkmaid
    Mlkmaid Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Hi i'm new to this and it has also told me that i'm on 1200 calories a day. Does anybody know though when you input your exercise and your calories go up should you still stick to 1200 for the day or use up the additional calories? have been trying EVERYTHING the last few months to shift a stone (always that last stone is the hardest) and no matter what i do i just can't seem to lose i do a couple of runs a week and a couple of bootcamps. Love this app though really makes you think twice before stuffing that something extra in your gob!!!!

I totally understand - I just started and I'm getting 1200 calories a day as well; however I earn a lot of calories on the days that I run. BUT I'm afraid to eat them! But then I also worry that my body will go into starvation mode if I don't get enough. It's a kerfuffle. I did the BMR calculation as suggested by another poster here and it said I should be eating 2,000 a day. It's very confusing. I guess I'll see if I start losing weight too quickly and then up my intake.
  • mimilynn79
    mimilynn79 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    would love to be added for this.
  • cutec2786
    cutec2786 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Trying to lose my holiday weight i need friends add me
  • EmilyEmpowered
    EmilyEmpowered Posts: 650 Member
    Options
    I will add you, MFP set me at 1200 calories as well, although I may adjust once I really get into things.
  • LennyInFlorida
    Options
    I'm aiming for 2,400 just add me twice?

Wait, nm, only add me 1/2 !!
  • labyrinth84
    Options
    I'm up for having an open food/exercise diary! Extra push not to go over my goals. I'm set to 1200 too. How do I make my diary public? :)
  • trhops
    trhops Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I am at 1200, and I try to eat back some of exercise calories. I workedout at lunch today and burned 300 calories. I just had my dinner and I am only at 1100 calories. Not very hungry, so not sure I will hit 1350.
  • trhops
    trhops Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me also. I have been beaten down for not eating enough, I tried the eat more to lose and all I did was gain. My body works best with the 1200.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    Am a bit late to this thread, but I'm just starting over at 1200cal after having my baby and planning for a wedding this year! I am 5'3'' . I will set my diary to public, feel free to add me- I welcome any tips, encouragement and help I can get!!! We can SO do this :-) It is easier with like-minded folks, though!

If you are breastfeeding you will need more than 1200. The calories for your baby have to come from your food and 1200 isn't split very well between you and a baby.
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options

You should be eating more 1200 calories if you're breastfeeding. Providing your child with enough nutrients should outweigh the importance of losing weight.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

You should be eating more 1200 calories if you're breastfeeding. Providing your child with enough nutrients should outweigh the importance of losing weight.

^What they've been saying. You should definitely be getting more calories in if you are breastfeeding. I'd talk with your doctor or a doctor to see about a calorie plan while breastfeeding.
  • kd5eyt
    kd5eyt Posts: 1
    Options
    I'm with you. I am loving the Iphone app. I changed my lunch order when I checked the calories. I signed up a few months ago but really started Tuesday. :happy: I'll set mine to public as well. Good luck.
  • carryingon
    carryingon Posts: 609 Member
    Options

If you are breastfeeding you will need more than 1200. The calories for your baby have to come from your food and 1200 isn't split very well between you and a baby.

Agreed^^^ If you are breastfeeding, please consult your physician or a dietician about the caloric needs of you and your baby:flowerforyou: Congratulations on your baby and your upcoming wedding!
  • aprilslusher
    aprilslusher Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I am at 1250. Feel free to add me.
  • LMadams8519
    LMadams8519 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! my goal is 1250 a day. I am 5'3" 154 lbs trying to lose at least 20 more lbs. Please add me :happy:
  • maya88j
    maya88j Posts: 29
    Options
    Also at 12OO so feel free to add me I just started Monday so really anxious to see how well im doing
  • MLibby84
    Options
    Hi,

I am 1350..not counting my excerise in(which can go up to 1500) but Im always looking for ways to eat better, if you want to add me :)