what is the latest time i should eat?

Options
124»

Replies

• minkakross
    minkakross Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    see my ticker... 1 day a week I eat before 7, 6 days a week I can usually sit down to dinner by 8 but sometimes it's as late as 10. I often have a snack after dinner. calories are not comparable to Cinderella's magic carriage they do not turn into pumpkins AKA gain magical calories just because it gets dark, nor do our bodies stop burning fuel, it's not like we even stop when we're sleeping guts keep churning, heart keeps beating etc...
  • barb1241
    barb1241 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    You gain weight if you eat more calories than you burn. Period. I eat a snack almost every evening around 11-11:30. I don't eat breakfast until 1 in the afternoon. And my lunch is yogurt and fruit most of the time, very light. And my dinner is usually HUGE. I have lost 64 pounds so far. BUT---I also move A FREAKING LOT! Usually 8-10 miles a day. Move more, eat less. More veg, no twinkies. Chocolate and a glass of wine often. Exercise enough to use those empty calories. May not work for anyone else, but it is working for me.

I'm not sure where that myth of late eating causing a problem comes from.

Barb
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,245 Member
    Options
    i have heard from a number of sources that you gain weight if you eat after 7-8. how true is this?
    does anybody avoid eating late, does it help?
    #

Thanks

When you are out of calories. Meal timing has no effect on weight loss.
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,284 Member
    Options
    Meal timing and frequency make no difference.
  • nazish17
    nazish17 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your help