Do you wear your heart on your sleeve?

Options
oregonzoo
oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
Or are you a good poker player?

Myself... I have this horrible trait my every emotion can be read not only in my face, but my body language!
What about you?

Replies

• TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options
    For sure....
  • delilah47
    delilah47 Posts: 1,658
    Options
    I guess I wear my heart on my sleeve too. When I experience *any* strong emotional stress, my face turns red. That in itself is embarrassing. If I'm mad, embarrassed, elated...whatever. And I learned when I was very young; I can't lie because my face gives me away. It's kept me honest my whole life! :laugh:

Oh, and if that's not enough, if I even think someone else thinks I'm not telling the truth, I get red anyway. Sheese!!
  • SarahCW1979
    SarahCW1979 Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Pretty poker faced to everyone but my husband. BUT if any of my friends are in need of support or help Im right there with bells on.
  • Trudyr777
    Trudyr777 Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    I have a pretty good poker face. However, it doesn't work with my husband. He can read every emotion!!
  • AngryDiet
    AngryDiet Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    I project false emotions to keep them off balance.
  • k2quiere
    k2quiere Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    Depends on the emotion. I cannot keep a straight face during WTF moments or I-want-to-kill-you moments. My eyes tend to give it all away.
  • CarolinaGirlinVA
    CarolinaGirlinVA Posts: 1,512 Member
    Options
    I am the same way. Never learned to play Poker because my emotions are all out there. I tend to be too trusting and confiding which has come back to bite me in the...butt. See? There I go again. :)
  • Lyssa62
    Lyssa62 Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    what heart?
  • PhotogNerd
    PhotogNerd Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    Yes...always right on my sleeve. Ugh
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options
    It depends on the situation. Most times I am pretty good at concealing and bottling things up, which I've decided that bottling things up is where my weight comes from...

I am waaaay too nice, considerate and caring though. Which I always thought was a good thing...until a few of my "friends" decide to abuse that...
  • shell22holmes
    Options
    I'm an open book. People know when I'm pissed off, happy, sad, etc.
    I try not to hide my feelings, there is nothing wrong with expressing ones emotions. I do curb my anger though, but I have been known to speak my mind. If I'm mad at you, I'll tell you.....
  • etoiles_argentees
    etoiles_argentees Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options
    Myself... I have this horrible trait my every emotion can be read not only in my face, but my body language!

same.
  • Jay_Jay_
    Jay_Jay_ Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I try to keep my hearts in jars, in order of acquisition. Keeps them fresh.
  • laughingdani
    laughingdani Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    Yes, me too.
    I've been told my face says it all.

I tend to lay it all out there.
    It's a blessing and a curse. I've been burned and taken advantage of quite a few times.
    I'd like to say it didn't bother me and I'd like to say that I've changed my ways.
    But it's who I am.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    Absolutely. I try to hide it and that's when it becomes even more obvious. LOL!
  • SoViLicious
    SoViLicious Posts: 2,633 Member
    Options
    I do not have a poker face. You can see every emotion in my face.
  • 76tech
    76tech Posts: 1,455 Member
    Options
    My mouth gives it all away.

Except when I play poker I can hide it or bluff pretty well.

I still suck at poker though.
  • PeachyKeene
    PeachyKeene Posts: 1,645 Member
    Options
    Or are you a good poker player?

What about you?

same here!
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    Yes.

I used to get very embarrassed about it. Overall these days, I've accepted that it's just part of who I am. The cultural bias is to always play it cool. I don't, I can't, and so as long as I'm doing my oversharing in safe spaces, I am okay with wearing my heart on my sleeve.
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    I try to keep my hearts in jars, in order of acquisition. Keeps them fresh.

AHAHAHAHAHA!