Do you wear your heart on your sleeve?

Options

Replies

• BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    I do. And it ain't easy :) . But I wouldn't change it, even if I could.

Same.
  • SmexAppeal
    SmexAppeal Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    I'm with you....
    I suck at hiding how I feel.
    It's not the worse trait to have, but it def makes it easy for people to walk all over you.
  • BondBomb
    BondBomb Posts: 1,781 Member
    Options
    Depends on the emotion. Sadness I can usually mask fairly well. Anger is a different story. Its hard to cover while wielding a knife.
  • TorontoDiane
    TorontoDiane Posts: 1,413 Member
    Options
    yes I definitely wear my heart on my sleeve... my heart is way too big for my own good !!!
  • _skittybang
    _skittybang Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    The blushing ALWAYS gives me away!!!

Anger = :explode: it creeps up my neck and to my face and is an intense red color
    Embarrassment = :blushing: I'll smile and laugh it off, but the flushed cheeks don't lie
    Even happy & laughing, I start tearing up and my face is all sorts of spotty.

This is why I've invested in some pricier make-up - - No one is the wiser.
  • I can (and usually do) hide every emotion ever. When it comes to my own life, anyways. I cry like a baby while watching movies or something, but when it comes to an emotion resulting from something real? I keep it to myself. And it's usually not a good thing because then I end up taking all of my negative feelings out on myself. If somebody upsets me, they might not ever know, so nothing will ever get fixed. I can't tell people how I feel, regardless of whether it's good or bad. I honestly wish I could be more open with my emotions, but I don't know how.
  • _Elemenopee_
    _Elemenopee_ Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options
    It's a blessing and a curse. Yes, it's on my sleeve, like Donna singing Super Trouper...:blushing:

super-trouper.jpg
  • Icelandic_Saga
    Icelandic_Saga Posts: 2,926 Member
    Options
    I am constantly giggling whether I have a good hand or not, it's a good cover lolol
  • Jenerferzzz
    Jenerferzzz Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I usually have an amazing poker face. For a long time there I was the queen of fake smiles. When I am embarrassed though that is a different story. I hate it because everyone always can tell when I am embarrassed because I blush so bad. It is only exacerbated by the fact I can feel my cheeks heat up when it happens so I know I am blushing and that only leads to me being more embarrassed. GAHHHH!!!! I hate it when I blush. :blushing:
  • Pixi_Rex
    Pixi_Rex Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    Poker player here, I am good at hiding my emotions when I want to be.
  • OkieinMinny
    OkieinMinny Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    I try SO damn hard not to - BUT pale skin and light color eyes - mean when you get upset your face turns bright red and when Im mad I start tearing up - when Im happy/laugh its always loud, when Im embarrassed - red face and cant control the giggles --- and Im a terrible liar - sooooo...yes
  • perfectingpatti
    perfectingpatti Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    I learned how to hide my emotions, especially hurt. Taught myself how to be stone cold faced regardless what was being said to me.
  • natalienicole502
    natalienicole502 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I used to and do still around certain people. I'm trying to get better about it... I hate feeling vulnerable.
  • Bethie_B
    Bethie_B Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I can hide most emotions, if I choose too. Except anger. You wouldn't like me when I'm angry.
  • Kioko1973
    Kioko1973 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I definitely do! My face/emotions are in plain view. Kinda sucks but at least people know exactly where they stand or how I feel.
  • RunningDirty
    Options
    I'm excellent at masking my true emotions when I need to (like at work), but I never do it at home with my family.

Pretty much this. Emotional poker is exhausting and a waste of energy. I know I have a poker face that creeps up from time to time, but if I catch myself I address the situation if worth my time and theirs or just move on. Then I go workout. I used to drink excessive amounts of wine and then let it all out, but now I workout before the wine and log that *kitten*. Progress. :smile:
  • quietHiker
    quietHiker Posts: 1,442 Member
    Options
    My heart is buried deep within a maze of walls where only a select few have been allowed in or stuck with the maze long enough to find the center...
  • _Elemenopee_
    _Elemenopee_ Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options
    I can hide most emotions, if I choose too. Except anger. You wouldn't like me when I'm angry.

:flowerforyou:
  • _Wits_
    _Wits_ Posts: 1,286 Member
    Options
    Depends on the emotion. I cannot keep a straight face during WTF moments or I-want-to-kill-you moments. My eyes tend to give it all away.

This...I get "crazy eyes"...

When I'm sad, upset or disappointed...you can usually see it in my eyes as well....so yeah, I don't have a good poker face at all.
  • Sick_Beard
    Sick_Beard Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    I am the guy your father warned you about ;)