Thanksgiving Strategy?

Options

Replies

• slearley
    Options
    Me too! My kids asked me if I would do it and first I thought, Oh My that will mess up my cooking, then I quickly followed that thought with, "Heck yeah! Great idea". Good luck to you!
  • Shamrock_me
    Options
    Same way I eat at every function. Attempt self control and try a little of everything. I have a 2 hour work out that morning as well as a 2 hour on Friday (mostly running) so I don't have to think OMG I porked out.. I think Oh wow.. I FUELED up!

I've been doing it so long this way it's not a big deal. I have bad days: Doritos are a bastid!!! But I cross that day off and start the next one. I'm not a lamenter - I am a preventer!!!
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    1. Pushups, bench dips and Turbo Fire HIIT DVD
    2. Turkey dinner with all the trimmings at my mom's house.
    3. Leisurely walk with sister and daughter
    4. Leftovers and dessert at in-laws
    5. Leftovers, wine, pecan pie and Scrabble with family.

In that order.
  • BaileyP3
    BaileyP3 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Bad news....going to the In-laws...

Good news...my MIL has been re-creating the same meal EVERY year...and it never includes mashed potatoes, bread or cranberry anything. :-((( But yay...there will be turkey....boo very limited stuffing....no gravy.

And this ain't diet geared...this is her personal preference and nobody messes with my MIL's menu.

~~~

The food frenzie will not be occurring this Thursday
  • bluepacific71
    Options
    Not worried, carb loading for Seattle Marathon on Sunday :bigsmile:
  • Jenny775
    Jenny775 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I agree with some previous posts...it's one day people! Let's not over-stress it!!
    For me personally...I'll be eating (and drinking!) everything in moderation.
  • AmyP619
    AmyP619 Posts: 1,137 Member
    Options
    I'm making a Reese's peanut butter cup trifle dessert, and I plan on eating the entire thing :-D muhahaha
  • centexhusker
    centexhusker Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Call me crazy if you like!

Here's my plan:

Morning - Put in a good solid hour on the treadmill burning about 600-650 cals

Thanksgiving Meal - Already programmed into my diary approximately 1100 cals (Includes turkey, ham, cranberry sauce, fruit salad, candied hams, mash potatoes, salad, green beens, and pumpkin pie)

Afternoon/Evening - Watch alot of football

:)
  • oldmanstauf
    oldmanstauf Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I'm not going to stress about keeping my daily goal, but will probably skip certain things and filling up on others. More turkey and vegetables rather than stuffing and mashed potatoes. I know that I'll eat less than in prior years. This year isn't at my place either, so no left overs is a plus!
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Eat what I want and not worry about it. It's only 1 day.

^^^

I'm making a huge fest for our family of four and stuffing myself. Then I I hope to get at least 3, maybe 4 days of leftovers. Also, I am making about 4 pies, so that's about a pie per person! :laugh:
  • MrsTre
    MrsTre Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    No binging for me. It's too hard to take it back off. A taste or two of something delicious is good enough for me. I feel rewarded when I eat healthy with so many fattening choices all around me.
  • HollyEvans84
    Options
    I'm really not super strict but I still make decent choices! Make sure I get plenty of protein and I also have a couple of supplements I use to help combat the negative side effects of the not so healthy choices!! ;)
  • crazyellybean
    crazyellybean Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    Eat, Drink and Be Merry!
  • SillyFitMe
    SillyFitMe Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Be really good with food and exercise in the days leading up to Thanksgiving. Run a 5K Turkey Trot Thanksgiving morning and then eat, eat, eat and enjoy myself guilt free!!
  • CottonCandyKisses
    CottonCandyKisses Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I plan to spend the day with my family while cooking the feast, then eat what I feel like in reasonable portions til I'm full and eat some leftover the next day. Then I may send most of the desserts to my husbands work to keep them away from me!
  • OtiWanKenobi
    OtiWanKenobi Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Running a 10K Thanksgiving morning followed by 60 minutes of calorie torching Bikram/Hot yoga. :-) Then eat lots.
  • ChitownFoodie
    ChitownFoodie Posts: 1,562 Member
    Options
    I scheduled my bulk to coincide with the holidays so I don't have to worry. I figure some days I eat 3,000+ calories as it is, so this won't even be an issue.
  • bsmcdonald0513
    bsmcdonald0513 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Well, I'm running a half marathon Thanksgiving morning, so I'll enjoy without regret!
  • itgeekwoman
    itgeekwoman Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    I am going to eat a normal day. Turkey is on the menu at my house very often. I'll add a few special treats in and feel fine about it. I can't usually eat all my cals in a day anyway.. so an extra workout will ensure that I don't go over by too much. There are only so many Thanksgivings in life. Now is the time to embrace each day we have.
  • Sarah1023
    Sarah1023 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    How do you plan on eating this Thursday? Careful as ever? Rules out the window? Somewhere in the middle? Happy Holidays!
    I plan to eat whatever I want. It's one day and I LOVE thanksgiving food, so I'm gonna enjoy it. So throw your rules out the window ;) lol