Thanksgiving Strategy?

Options

Replies

• sixpacklady
    sixpacklady Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    I will eat till I am full, I always do :smile:

I am buying turkey from Boston Market, but making healthy variations of most of the sides/desserts, except the Pecan pie I am going to buy from my local bakery.

OMG, I have to workout extra hard next few weeks...
  • igottaworkout
    igottaworkout Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    We already had Thanksgiving in Canada and I ate some of everything.. just in moderation :)
  • Seaglass1123
    Seaglass1123 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Running my first 5k on Thanksgiving morning. Dinner isn't until 5 so I will eat normally most of the day. Plan to have a declious meal and try to stay within my calories. MMMMM turkey. My biggest downfall will be the desserts.
  • shelleyspots
    Options
    I'm going out for my morning 3 mile walk/jog with my dog. I'm preparing the food with less fat, less carbs, more veggies. I'm going to enjoy a nice big meal, but not stuff myself overly full, because I hate that overly full feeling now. I love feeling comfortable and energetic. I will not stress over calories though, because it's a splurge day. I really believe a splurge day is good once in a while (maybe once a month). It keeps your metabolism guessing. I've noticed that the relief too, makes me feel less deprived and happier to go back to my eating plan.
  • dandaninc
    Options
    I plan on eating.
  • NaurielR
    NaurielR Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    5K Turkey Trot with some friends in the morning

Help my mom prepare the feast

Eat a big portion of low calorie veggies before hand

When the meal is finally ready, I'll take moderate portions of whatever I want. And if I want seconds, or thirds, or fourths, I will take them. I will make myself comfortable full, not stuffed.

Eat a big huge slice of pecan pie.

Make a note in my food diary that today is Thanksgiving and I won't be logging it.

I'm very good at consistently logging everything I eat, to the point that I almost seem OCD. One day of not caring about calories will not hurt me. In fact, the freedom from logging, from being so anal, is just what I need.

I figure that one day of going over in my calories is not going to undo the months of hard work I have accomplished.
  • bugaha1
    bugaha1 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    I eat about half what I use to but I still eat everything. Omg the salty nuts, chips and dips kill me, I can't stay away from them.
  • QueenofComeBacks
    QueenofComeBacks Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    That morning wake up early and workout i think i got legs, back and abs (p90x), then have light breakfast and heavy Thankgiving lunch. Followed by some white tail hunting with my hubby and after taking my big buck i will come home enjoy Thankgiving left overs...
  • Shane37301
    Shane37301 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    That's what you do with your right hand. While that's going on make sure your left hand is combining stuffing and mashed potatoes on the fork so it's at the ready.

Um, how do I hold my glass of wine then?

Wine hat.
  • joann1948
    joann1948 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    If we try to eat healthy 50 wks out of the year, then Thanksgiving and Christmas, we should be able to eat within reason and enjoy our families and the holidays.......
  • Mich4871
    Mich4871 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    since I'm hosting, everything will be cooked healthy. Plus my Sister in law and family are glutten/dairy and sugar free so I have no choice but to cook healthy.

I will eat what I want in moderation, enjoy a glass or two or three of wine as well.

With that said, I plan on some early morning gym time or an early morning run, followed by a post Thanksgiving hardcore workout!
  • V_Della
    Options
    Since i just stated this journey yesterday. i just hope i have enough will power to have portion control and not go crazy.
  • jevoyager
    jevoyager Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    That's what you do with your right hand. While that's going on make sure your left hand is combining stuffing and mashed potatoes on the fork so it's at the ready.

Um, how do I hold my glass of wine then?

That's what the straw is for :happy:
  • gingerveg
    gingerveg Posts: 748 Member
    Options
    I'm banking calories now so I can eat what I want on Thursday
  • NicLiving
    NicLiving Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    "How do you plan on eating this Thursday? Careful as ever? Rules out the window? Somewhere in the middle? Happy Holidays!"

All of the above!
    Careful on the sweets & desserts
    Rules out the window when it comes to the turkey
    Somewhere in the middle with the Wine & Spirits (maybe just one glass vs two or three)!

I've entered my menu into my diary and I'll be going over my daily calorie goals for sure, BUT
    I'm planning an extreme workout Wednesday & Friday so I'll break even by Sunday lololol.

Happy Thanksgiving :-)
  • LoosingMyLast15
    LoosingMyLast15 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    turkey trot 5k in the AM. stuff face and drink wine in the PM.
  • rachaelbmh
    Options
    I plan to eat more veggies than any other year in the past (healthfully prepared ones), be active, and indulge mindfully.
  • runfatmanrun
    runfatmanrun Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Run in the morning, eat what I want in the afternoon. Repeat Friday.
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    Eat eat and repeat all Turkey Day long. Then Friday - back to healthy sensible potions, logging everything and working out.