cardio bunny... dont judge me

Options

Replies

• KJoy7
    KJoy7 Posts: 246
    Options
    Love this.... Love you... keep it up!! You Rock!!!
  • sailinjen
    sailinjen Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I do cardio and lift but I love the feeling of sweating after a good run....endorphin high!!! Just get out and do something!!!!! Also, cardio improves your good cholesterol so much...its amazing!!!! I say just move!!!!
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    OP, you are absolutely 100% correct. And, luckily, it is good for your physical health. VERY good. They call it "cardio" for a reason.
  • puddy29
    Options
    i agree 100% cardio works wonders for me. now when i had a PT we did all weight training and the shape of my body changed a lot but the scale did not move with the cardio the scales moves not always at the speed that i want but it moves.
  • Faintgreeneyes
    Faintgreeneyes Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    tumblr_m0fx9rUi8f1qmg1x1o1_500.jpg
  • ironmanwannabe
    ironmanwannabe Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    speaking as an inspiring triathlete, thanks!
  • LadyVeng3ance
    LadyVeng3ance Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    One thing I dont get..
    This is a weightloss site right? Doesn't cardio help you lose weight??
    Take insanity, isnt that almost just cardio? And people lose loads of weight from that right?

I dont really get this -_-
  • EatClean_WashUrNuts
    EatClean_WashUrNuts Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    Rabbit tastes good.
  • iAMsmiling
    iAMsmiling Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    I'm surprised by how many people I see doing weights or cardio exclusively.
    Hard to believe they would not all benefit from visits to the other side of the gym.
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    I have seen a lot of hating for cardio lately.. Seems to me, the best workout is one you do. I go to the gym, do the elliptical or treadmill and it just.. frees my mind. If its not amazing for my physical health, at least it does wonders for my mental health. Thats just me anyways.. I wanted to give encouragement to people like me.

And before i get rocks thrown at me... I have some Jillian Michaels dvds that I do when I dont go to the gym.. The weights can be boring IMO..

My point... whatever work out gets you working out.. Do that! If you arent happy doing something, you wont stick to it.

Agree! The best work out is the one you love to do!!!
  • Blown_Away1
    Blown_Away1 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I love cardio!
  • lunglady
    lunglady Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    I'm a running junkie.
    To each his/her own.
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    One thing I dont get..
    This is a weightloss site right? Doesn't cardio help you lose weight??
    Take insanity, isnt that almost just cardio? And people lose loads of weight from that right?

I dont really get this -_-

We lose weight by being in a calorie deficit. Exercise is not only great for your overall health but it burns calories which helps us stay in that calorie deficit.
  • sammys1girly
    sammys1girly Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    I used to be a cardio bunny, now focusing on strength training but make sure to fit in at least two cardio sessions during the week, mostly to clear my head. It really makes a big difference for me and I love that post cardio high!:wink:
  • beckyboop712
    beckyboop712 Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    Love love love Cardio!! Definitely is my favorite thing to do and definitely clears my head and keeps me sane. I tend to freak out more when I'm not consistently running.
  • capnrus789
    capnrus789 Posts: 2,736 Member
    Options
    The only weights I lift are about 12oz, and get progressivley lighter each time I lift. #beer
  • triathlete5301
    triathlete5301 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    The thing I've noticed about the message boards is half the people on MFP thinks they're an expert. They do what works for them to get fit, then suddenly they're an expert on all things fitness. If there was one way to do things that worked for everyone, we'd all be doing it.

This most definitely. I don't like cardio a ton, I much prefer lifting weights, but I do both because both do something for me. Now that I am healing from an injury and slowly introducing more cardio, I realized that my issue was doing too much too fast. Now I actually like cardio.
    For those who find weights boring, try different exercises and increasing weight. Then it's not so boring. But again, I find boring running in place on a treadmill. But, the high that comes about an hour later is worth it. :wink:

basically, plain and simple, so long as we are doing SOMETHING, we're on our way to being better:drinker:
  • Double_Tapp
    Options
    <---Cardio junkie, running, cycling, swimming, anything that gets my heart pumping. I just enjoy it and the feeling from being outside doing my thing!
  • holly1283
    holly1283 Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    Well said. The only strength/resistence I get is swimming. I talked to a doctor and he said not to concern myself about what others do. I should do what I love doing.
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    Do what works for you. :smile: