Need friends! Where's the gamer geeks!?

Options

Replies

• penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Options

As for some geeking credentials,

Your geeking credentials are acceptable. You are hereby accepted into the geeky club on MFP.

Please proceed to the nearest geeky threads and geek out.

Sincerely,
    Penilus Geekitus
  • MissFitee
    MissFitee Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I'm a terrible geek. I don't pay much attention to lore. I never read the LOTR books, hell I only saw the movies if someone sat me down in front of it. I have no uncontrolled love for Star Wars. I don't read much fantsy etc etc.

But I'm a gamer. Right now I play WoW and I've gone through more games than I can remember.
    Im 5''2 so im fairly short as well!

By the way, if any of you have a Wii - try getting a WiiJog. I love it! Works with most games. =)
  • dalehall64
    dalehall64 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Not a "huge" gamer here, but I do like to play when I can find the time. Xbox360.. Mostly shooters.. CoD's, Battlefield, Gears of War Ghost Recon, etc... I'm not good at any of them, but I like the play them.. A few years ago I was HUGE into PC sim racing, but getting married, having kids and all that will put a damper on your online time. Anyone feel free to add me if you like, on here and Xbox (Gamertag: Wolfpack764)
  • lomogeek
    lomogeek Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Ohh geek right here! I hate looking at the time played on some of them, realizing that I could have been out doing something else. I play anything from WoW to CSS to Portal to L4D.
  • bakinghealthy
    Options
    Well I'm not a video gamer geek, but I am a board game geek! Such as Settlers of Catan, Elder Signs, Gloom and DnD: Return to Ravnica, and more to come!
    I hope all is acceptable, I also really love Sci-fi and fantasy genres.

Please don't leave me out because I don't/can't play video games!
  • ajmpareja
    ajmpareja Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    DotA gamer here. I also play a lot of volleyball :)
  • Torgrills
    Torgrills Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I must've heard the call of the mothership!!!!!

I'm a big nerd as well and play WoW and Star Wars, although my husband also loves Starcraft and Aion (I just couldn't get into it.). I've got two teenage girls as well, and we've all participated in family night guild raids! I also love fantasy literature, and my husband calls me a Ringer because I'm a HUGE Tolkien fan- I've read the books so many times that I have a tendency to correct people when they mis-quote. (Shameful, I know.)
  • nonstopper
    nonstopper Posts: 1,108 Member
    Options
    I hear Ya!

Im a XBOX gUy :glasses:
  • lilroo82
    Options
    Gamer geek girl here too! I have Xbox 360, PS3, Wii, 3DS, and all the retro consoles - N64, SNES, Megadrive etc. I play PC occasionally, not been on WoW for a while. I love RPG games such as final fantasy, Skyrim, Oblivion etc, but don't ever seem to have enough time to get on and play!

Bex
  • Ragarianok
    Options
    I'm not as big a gamer as I used to be, but I still like to play sometimes. Mostly into RPGs.

I've been playing Star Ocean: First Departure, Final Fantasy IV, and Final Fantasy IX. Also beat Silent Hill 3 recently and started playing The Room, Shattered Memories, and Origins. I sometimes play World of Warcraft and got back into The Sims.

It's a shame to say, but I have yet to beat a Mario game. Including Super Mario Bros. :<
  • baraccus
    baraccus Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I'm a total gamer nerd if any other gamer nerds out there want to add me! Lol! Most of my gaming is MMO's/PC games, used to be into console gaming a lot but just haven't had the time to do it with work and finishing school.

My Diary on here isn't that exciting because I haven't had the chance to add the crazy recipes for the diet I'm working on but I always post my workouts on here and I'm all about chatting and supporting others, especially others with the same interests :)
  • CaitySins
    CaitySins Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I'd call myself a gamer geek, but it's predominately for Kingdom hearts (my favourite series in the world), though i've recently gone retro and revisited my childhood playing Banjo Kazooie on the N64 :3
    I'm mostly into RPGs, but since I basically have no money I would tend to look for cheap (usually older and used by the time I buy it) games and free OMMRPGs, like Fiesta.
  • gcadays99
    Options
    Gamer geek checking in for duty maam!

Wait... isn't it offensive to single out only people who share your common interests? I'm pretty sure people here have complained and trolled threads when people have done this before... hm... funny. Maybe I'm remembering wrong...

But seriously. I'm a huge gamer. I try NOT to play games during weekdays though. I get a bit obsessive. I was playing Borderlands II but now I'm stuck in Dragon Age II. Holy frick is that game addictive!!!

Hi.

Bioware games in general are addictive.

Baldur's Gate? Started and couldn't stop until Baldur's Gate II came out. Baldur's Gate II started and couldn't stop until Oblivion came out. Oblivion? Couldn't stop until Skyrim. Skyrim couldn't stop until Borderlands II and then from there I stumbled on Dragon Age II. I didn't care for Dragon Age Origins as much. Strangely enough.

All that to say; Yes. Bioware makes AMAZING games.

I used to be a huge bioware fanboy till EA bought them out and now they are too commercialized and their quality has gone downhill. Hope they can tun it around.

Sending some add requests out but feel free to add me as well.
  • Akumu
    Akumu Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Gamer here as well. Feel free to add me :)
  • MamaMaryC
    MamaMaryC Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Hey there! :)

Almost 5'4" here. I eat healthy normal food. No soda because it hurts my stomach, not because of calories. I eat about 1400 calories on days I workout and 1100 on days that I rest.

I am totally a gamer. I love Left for Dead games, the Gears of War games, Halo games, and the Mass Effect games. That is just to name a few. :D Right now I am playing Resident Evil 6 with my hubby on multiplayer. I am crossing my fingers for the new Halo game for Christmas and will be getting hubby the new Black Ops game for Christmas. Hehe.
  • Betty_Canada
    Betty_Canada Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Gamer grrl up in the great white wasteland chiming in

Mostly Pathfinder/D&D at the moment, although we're noodling around with the D&D Next Playtest, and learning the Dresden Files system so I can (hopefully) eventually run a game.

xBox luv: RockBand, Final Fantasy (still working on XIII), Dragon Age (working through additional downloadable content), PuzzleQuest ....basically RPGs, music games and strategy / puzzle stuff.

There's a PS2 in the bedroom, mostly as a DVD player, but I've hung onto a lot of PS1 games for it.

There's quite a bit installed on the computer (including, yeah, a boatload of Bioware games), but I don't play them so much anymore. Dungeon Siege and Sacred were fun though. MaybeI'll get back to them someday.

Telly Stuff: Game of Thrones, Torchwood, Oddessy 5, Mythbusters, Blood Ties, and yes, I have watched both the D&D movie and the Dungeon Siege movie.

We won't discuss the wall of board games... nope... those three six foot tall bookcases are not there....

So yeah, kind of a gamer nerd., trying to claw her way out of the stereotype of being kind of fat and out of shape :)

Feel free to add.

=Betty=
  • tisonc
    tisonc Posts: 58
    Options
    Gamer Guy here from Georgia (well that is when I am back in the states) I play WoW and am also looking to make some friends to hang with in game as well as out of game when I return.. Add me and we can motivate each other on this site as well....
  • octii
    octii Posts: 12
    Options
    I'm too uncertain to call myself a gamer, but I guess my boyfriend has successfully turned me into one since we started dating. I play mostly online though (League of Legends, Left 4 Dead, etc.) and when I'm too poor to buy a game to play myself, I watch people play it online, too! Though I am nowhere near Arizona, I am in the US at least :D Hi!
  • songdogshooter41
    songdogshooter41 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Ok, I guess I am an "old school" gamer.... I still play ADnD..... lol
  • Iberipped
    Options
    Halo Nerd rightt here. Haha.