PicklePlum Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Dear 16 year old me.

Wax your eyebrows.
  • miracole
    miracole Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    Dear 16 year old me,

Keep being awesome. Your life choices have been good so far and are going to keep getting better!

Oh, and despite the fact that you just quit gym class and swore you'd never be forced to do the 12 minute mile challenge again you will run a marathon in 11 years, and another one in 12 years. You can stop laughing now, it's happening.
  • Kelley528
    Kelley528 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Dear 16 yr old me,

You will be in the best shape of your life between the ages of 22 an 27. At 26, when you meet that tall guy in your friends French class dont go out with him. He will derail your life for the next 4 years. Besides getting your body back in shape, you will also have to undo the emotional damage he caused.

Stop spending your time waiting for other people to catch up with your life. They NEVER catch up.

Sincerely,

33 yr old you.
  • zen_kat
    Options
    Dear 16 year old me,

It's okay to NOT be a Christian. Don't struggle with it so much.
    Go to the doctor and get put on anti-depressants, don't wait, this is your life. Live it.
    Don't be so afraid of what others think.
    Try harder.
    Take harder and more important classes, but still take guitar -- that's where you meet your future husband.
    Get out more. Work harder at friendships.
    You will be going to college and getting a job after, just forget that homemaker stuff. You suck at cooking and are too lazy to clean.
    Eat better, starting now. You looked like crap in your wedding dress.
    Don't major in art in college. It's cool and all, but you can't do **** with it. Minor in it instead. (Take the ceramics classes!)
    Stay the **** away from that bearded fellow that works at Walmart. (hopefully you won't be there anyway.) It takes years for your head and heart to be right after him.

Don't stray from your love. Remember to communicate.

Sincerely,
    ten years down the road you

PS: I love you. It's taken me way too long to figure that out.
  • snug
    snug Posts: 2
    Options
    Dear 16-year-old-me,

You've always been confident, gregarious, focused on the things that count, true to yourself. That makes you very different from most 16-year-olds out there. Of course you don't fit in. Some people will see that and try to bring you down to make themselves feel better. But in 10 years time they'll look back and admire you, wishing they could've been that comfortable with themselves.

So don't listen to them when they tease you, or call you names. Don't take it to heart when they call a man because you're more comfortable in jeans than dresses. Don't listen when they make fun of you for not knowing what's going on with the latest celebrities and TV shows. Don't believe them when they call you fat because you're not following the stupid diet from their stupid magazines.

Don't start to think that there's something wrong with you. You're perfect the way you are. Don't think that dressing differently or starving yourself will help. It will distract you temporarily, but it will also give them more ammunition, because they can see it's getting to you. And then before you know it, it'll be a monster out of control, and you'll lose years to it.

Seriously, you're fine. They are the ones who need to change - to work on a better way of handling their insecurities. Just breathe. It's hard, but you can do this.

Love,
    Your-26-year-old-self.
  • digitalbill
    digitalbill Posts: 1,410 Member
    Options
    Dear 16 year old me.
    Good job staying away from the drugs. You will soon join the Army. Do NOT sell your surfboard. Keep surfing. Your 42 year old self (and your hot, readhead wife) will thank you.
    Yes, I know you only go for blonds but, your taste will change.

Stay away from Lisa. She will screw you up emotionally and financially and it will take you years to recover. You will know her when you see her.

Keep the Buick. I know it seems like a money pit right now but the 1972 Skylark will always be cool.
  • ajball90
    ajball90 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Dear 16-year-old me,

I am so proud of you.

I like this! Focusing on the positive :)
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    Dear 16 year old me:

Go forth and mess up in a million ways. Make the mistakes. Live the life. Because by the time you're 36 you will have figured out a whole hell of a lot and you will be so in love with your life.

Seriously, guys. I absolutely love my life and where I am now. I wouldn't be the same *me* if I hadn't learned those lessons. :heart:
  • kaceelawlor
    kaceelawlor Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Dear 16 year old me,

Dont date the girl from band class, she has crabs

And kill drake so the phrase YOLO never exists.

Also stock up on twinkies, use your left hand during alone time more, and dry to remember that cocaine is a hell of a drug.

k thanx

LMAO
  • ChiefSinner
    Options
    Dear 16 year old me......

Don't drop out of high school
    Continue playing football
    Don't sale drugs
    Don't be a hoe LOL

"I am grateful because all that help shape me into a be man....."
  • KrazyAsianNic
    KrazyAsianNic Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    Dear 16 year old me,

If you had just took your anger out more in bettering yourself in soccer and swimming instead of food, you would not be missing those sports as much as you do now. You would be more in shape and probably took control of your weight a lot sooner.
  • KrazyAsianNic
    KrazyAsianNic Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    Dear 16 year old me:

Go forth and mess up in a million ways. Make the mistakes. Live the life. Because by the time you're 36 you will have figured out a whole hell of a lot and you will be so in love with your life.

Seriously, guys. I absolutely love my life and where I am now. I wouldn't be the same *me* if I hadn't learned those lessons. :heart:

I love this! And it's SO true!
  • SusannaDandana
    Options
    Dear 16-year-old me,

I am so proud of you.

Thank you for that.
  • BondBomb
    BondBomb Posts: 1,781 Member
    Options
    Dear 16 Year old Me,

You are awesome and on the right track. But your dad won't be here much longer. Hang out with him more.
  • EvilShenanigansTX
    EvilShenanigansTX Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Dear 16 year old me,

You are different than most of the kids in school. That is fine and here's why. Those asshats who make fun of you now - they are at the peak of their awesome. It is all down hill for them now. Seriously, they are the adults who want to go BACK to high school because that is when their life was so great. The only good stories they have about their lives are stories from high school. They are sad.

You have SO far to go and so much unexpected awesome ahead of you! Because you are different now you have learned how to cope with so much more. You are not afraid to strike out on your own, you are not afraid to be creative, and you like yourself. A lot.

Love,

Future You

PS - Try to eat less when you get to college. A lot less, actually. Your 34 year old self would appreciate that. So would her massive *kitten*. :laugh:
  • iqnas
    iqnas Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    I LOVE THIS THREAD!!!
  • iqnas
    iqnas Posts: 445 Member
    Options
  • mmckee10
    mmckee10 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Dear 16 year old me,

*Dump that loser you're dating now and date the nerdy guy in the back of your English class. (you'll probably end up marrying him) Trust me. The other ones will only bring you down.. and that 30 year old you date in your 20's.. will mess you up. The nerdy guy LOVES you for who you are.. it just took him 7 years to realize it!

*Stop drinking and start running! Your waistline will thank you.

*hang out with heather more.. out of no where she's going to be gone </3

*Stop thinking you're fat! you're 135lbs! You are perfect just the way you are!

*punch that girl already. she's bullying half of your class and she's ruining a LOT of lives.

* That hot guy you're goggling at.. you know.. the one that calls you a nerd? yeah that guy is now a drug addict. forget him.

*and most importantly, GO TO COLLEGE! don't wait until you're 22 with a baby! it's impossible -_-. You LOVE your son! but name him Matthew instead of Mark.

Love always, You.

p.s. you were always honest.. and never spoke anything but your mind! keep it up. ^_^
  • aquapup
    aquapup Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Get on birth control because it will clear all that evil acne right up which will do wonders for your self confidence.

Also your mom has TERRIBLE fashion sense. Stop wearing the clothes she picks out.
  • Bob314159
    Bob314159 Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    Dear 16 year old me,

For the first time in your life you are fit and not overweight, you play Rugby, you love cross country running, you are on the school hurdles team. Keep at it, don't stop, remember how it feels to be overweight and out of shape.