Dear 16 year old me,

MTFU.

Also, dear 28 year old me,

MTFU.
  • Frankii_x
    Frankii_x Posts: 238
    Options
    Dear 16 year old me,

Smoking isn't cool. When you have to quit in later life, it's hard.

You are not fat. You look brilliant. You have a flat toned stomach, and legs that are long and slim. Seriously, make the most of it.

Hey, while I'm here, will you remind 19 year old you that you don't need to eat anywhere near that much. You don't have an excuse, you're just greedy!

See you in a few years!

Love,

23 year old me. x
  • DebbieLyn63
    DebbieLyn63 Posts: 2,650 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • meechi53
    meechi53 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Dear 16 year old me,

EMBRACE the fact that you have some extra boo-tay, it will be the "in" thing when you're in you 20's and people will admire it and pay money to get one

Don't go back to the Senior year college boyfriend that you hook up with Junior year, he'll just waste your time senior year and you'll regret it.

Go live in other places when you have the chance, earlier on, when you are single. Don't second guess those opportunities. Moving around with a husband in tow that complains about it takes it's toll.
  • JGainingHealth
    JGainingHealth Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Dear 16 year old me,

You're smart, you're beautiful, and you're loved. You don't have to pretend to be ok all the time - nobody's perfect. Please start taking care of yourself, and stop pushing people away, especially the boy who will eventually be your future husband. You have a bright future ahead of you, but you're making the path to get there a lot more rocky than it has to be.

Love,

26 year old me.
  • LisaInUP
    LisaInUP Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Dear 16 year old me...
    Spend as much time as possible with your Grandparents and really LISTEN to them!!!!!!!!
    Stick with computers and go into the military like you want to and don't be afraid to follow your instincts.
    You don't need a man to complete your life.
    It is ok to be SMART!!!!
    No matter what crap gets thrown at you, wash it off and move forward.

Love 50+ self
  • LisaInUP
    LisaInUP Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Dear 16 year old me...

Spend as much time as possible with your Grandparents and really LISTEN to them!!!!!!!!
    Stick with computers and go into the military like you want to and don't be afraid to follow your instincts.
    You don't need a man to complete your life.
    It is ok to be SMART!!!!
    No matter what crap gets thrown at you, wash it off and move forward.

Love 50+ self

PS: That whole mommy/housewife thing really isn't you and just because it it a social norm doesn't mean you have to "be normal". You really suck at it and need to just be you.
  • WDEvy
    WDEvy Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    You're not fat, ( just a wee bit overweight) you're not disgusting and everything will get a WHOLE LOT BETTER!
  • Wgbn32
    Wgbn32 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Dear 16 year old me - pick a different undergraduate school. Work more; take out less student loans. PLEASE! They will haunt you.
    This would be the top of my list too.

Also, take advantage of your carefree days. Stop being so self-conscious and just do better.
  • diodelcibo
    diodelcibo Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    You are awesome.
  • savithny
    savithny Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    Dear 16 year old me:

Don't listen to the people who call you fat. You're normal weight for your height, you're tall, you're strong. Your body is beautiful and powerful, even if it is an unfashionable shape. Take care of it, and don't be afraid to use it.

Don't listen to the boys saying crude things. You've got an awesome rack. Put on a second bra and go exercise. Soon, someone will invent sports bras that fit.

The women in exercise videos and in movies and on TV? The ones who barely sweat and develop an even dewy sheen after exercise and sort of glow? They're the exception. Most real people sweat and turn red. It's okay to do that, and you shouldn't be embarrassed if you do, or let it stop you from doing things you love to do.
  • beanmi73
    beanmi73 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm still here, so the choices you made didn't kill me. Stay the course, there's plenty of good things to come and they definitely outweigh the bad. Just get out of your head sometime and don't care so much about what others think.
  • LittleMissDover
    LittleMissDover Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    Dear 16 year old me,

You are HOT, stop thinking you're fat because you're sooooo not. You will be though one day so FFS get those legs out in some short skirts, stick a bikini on and flaunt what you have because once you have kids your stomach is going to be a sorry mess and you will truly have reason to hide behind baggy clothes!

Oh and those huge boobs you hate so much, you're going to love them in a year or two.
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    Dear 16 year old me,

You have infinite value. If it seems like somebody doesn't want you, that's their loss - not your problem. You are an amazing person with special talents that will take some time and work to uncover. Treat yourself with the love and respect you deserve and don't allow anybody else to do differently. It will all work out.

Love,

Your future.
  • commandax
    commandax Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Dear 16-year-old me, you aren't a hopeless klutz. If you take up boxing, you will love it and it will transform you inside and out.
  • bethlaf
    bethlaf Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    Dear 16 year old Elizabeth

;its ok that your not blonde
    ; use sunscreen , roasacea SUCKS
    ; your body is not someone elses to "play with"
    ; use birth control while your son is a blessing- he went through a lot of rough stuff because of you still growing up at the same time
    ; youre going to make a hell of a lot of mistakes, but you get through them
    ; divorce sucks, maybe if you are talking with your brides maid on the wedding day estimating how long the marriage will last that you get into in 3 years, perhaps you should forgo that marriage, oh and use birth control..
    ; please please dont stop hiking/horseback riding when you break your ankle on the mountain
    ; food is fuel you cant run your car on brownies and potato chips, no matter how good they taste
    ; please do not drop out of college, it took so much more work to get through when you went back oh and use birth control
    ; yes when you debate for a month whether or not to leave him... leave him, and use birth control
  • MayaSPapaya
    MayaSPapaya Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    Dear 16 year old me,
    Don't be afraid to try makeup, you will find out that you actually love doing/wearing it (I was a late bloomer with that).
    Don't look into that college that your friend is going to next year-you will be miserable and depressed there.
    Realize that your parents will be happier when the divorce happens, and know that everything will work out very nicely-they will stay best friends and you will see both of them quite often, as well as still do a lot as a family.
    Don't be afraid to chase your dream (you know the one I'm talking about)

That was fun!
  • namluv
    namluv Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Dear 16 year-old me, please EAT. Just because some people called you fat that is not a reason to live off one meal a day. Also, exercise is not a punishment, no matter what your mom's attitude towards it has shown you. When you start having real problems with asthma/body injuries you will be starting from out of shape and only getting worse!
  • ForABetterMe89
    Options
    Dear 16 year old me,
    You're not fat, no matter what you think. Focus more on school. Those 'friends' you have, don't stress and cry over them because they screwed you over again. You do just dine without them and have and make new friends that aren't going to just walk out of your life. Oh and that guy, it doesn't work out, don't try as hard to make it work, you're wasting you're fun years trying to me 30 years old. Have fun, date around, you're 16.

Sincerely,
    the 23 year old who is now desperately trying to get back to your size.
  • cleotherio
    cleotherio Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Dear 16 year old me,
    Just because a couple a-holes said one mean thing to you during your awkward middle school years doesn't mean everyone thinks you're gross and they're all just looking for an excuse to make fun of you. There are probably tons of guys who would like you if you weren't so afraid to talk to any of them.

Don't be an English major in college just because it's an easy major and you're insecure about your real interests.

And I'm pretty sure that guy you had a crush on for years turned out to be gay.