When do YOU go to the gym/workout?

Options

Replies

• KateRepine
    KateRepine Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Midmorning while my little one naps - usually! lol. I workout downstairs, my husband has collected weights, rower and a treadmill throughout the years.
  • MsJulielicious
    MsJulielicious Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    2 pm 5-6 days a week. I tried all different times. Morning is no bueno bc it's packed with elderly and I'm a meanie in the morning. Evenings blow bc of the meatheads hogging everything and leaving weights in the middle of the floor for me to trip on. BUT Afternoon is jussst right. It's pretty empty, then I go home and shower and start supper
  • claudineer
    claudineer Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I try to go during the evening (after 9:30 PM) but I really prefer to go at 10:15 PM. My trick is to put on my workout clothes around 7: 00 PM because I will feel obligated to go. Other times I will go when I know most people have returned from their lunch; hence, around 1:30 to 2:30 PM. One of the great things about my gym is its central location. It's close to the supermarket, my home, everything. Additionally, it's open 24/7. Totally worth the time. Hehe.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    I usually get there around 5:45-6am...
  • doitforabby
    doitforabby Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I'm an early am person. I have a treadmill & elliptical at work, i get there at 5,work out, shower & go downstairs to my office. I know i'm very fortunate to have that setup, but i do have a treadmill at home too, but early am works best for me. That way i start the day off right & don't have to think about it again.
  • I go anytime between 9pm and 4am, depending on the day. Weekdays usually 9-11pm, weekends 2-4am.
    I have a child home during the day and no creche at gym so only workout when DH is home and kids are in bed.
  • busycitystreets
    busycitystreets Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    The earlier, the better! I'm usually up around 4-4:30am and in the gym by 5am. Super quiet then and I usually have the gym to myself, which I love. I couldn't imagine going after work or in the evenings... I'm so drained from the day and just want to get to bed!
  • schondell
    schondell Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    I workout in my dorm room whenever my roommate is in class or away for the weekend (most weekends haha). Sometime I go to the gym on campus in the late afternoons but it's usually way too busy and ends up being pretty unproductive
  • lina011
    lina011 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    i workout in the mornings 7am usually a jog with the kiddo in the stroller and then if im lucky when bubba is asleep i get a second chance in the afternoon usually weights.
  • DankiStar
    Options
    I go to 6am classes. My old gym was nice at 6am, only a couple of people there and the news was on the tv, so I was distracted from the burning muscles lol
  • Mighty_Rabite
    Mighty_Rabite Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    My only real time frame lately has been in and around 9PM, since for the last two months I have been working 9-6 weekdays and then usually at the hospital visiting my dad from about 7-8:30ish.

If not for that, however, I'm usually at the gym by 6:30 at the latest, get it in right after work. I have to admit though, the 9PM time frame has been kind of nice in that I can actually gain decent access to most of what I do in a timely manner.
  • fragrantair
    Options
    I usually go at 9 PM just cuz no one's outside then and I got home from school around 7 anyway~
  • ninjakowski
    Options
    I usually head to the gym at about 1.30pm (get home from work at 12.30 - 1.00pm) - I love it, its always really quiet - the 'girly' section is usually completely empty and maybe just a couple of guys in the weights room (and one of them is usually my husband lol) - and I get a discount on my gym membership for going in off-peak times :smile:
  • repmlrs
    repmlrs Posts: 154
    Options
    since i been deployed i go around 1430 5 times a week. back in the states i only went on saturdays and sundays.
  • AprilRN10
    AprilRN10 Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    I work the graveyard shift, thus my schedule is odd. I get home from work, get my daughter off to school, my SO off to work, and then I work out. It's usually about 9am. Then it's time for shower, breakfast and bed!
  • eatrainsmile
    eatrainsmile Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    In the evening after work which is usually around 8pm
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    Options
    I go to gym every Sunday morning & Wednesday evening after work mainly to lift weights. I do my cardio either at home or at a public pool 2-3 days a week. As much as I hate & avoid crowded gyms but on weekdays, I really have no choice since my gym opens at 10am while I work from 8am-5pm.
  • kellehbeans
    kellehbeans Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    I go to Zumba twice a week. So this is 7-8pm. Then I do weights usually around 8-9 or 9-10 depending if I have been out or not and I do this 3 times a week.
  • victoria4321
    victoria4321 Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    I go in the evening around 6-7pm
  • queensturg
    Options
    For me, my work schedule is different every day, so it depends on when I can fit it in, or else on my days off if I'm taking a class, what time the class is that I wish to take. I usually prefer to go in the mornings if I can, but I can only do that on my days off or if I'm working a later shift. Often I'll go in the evenings, if I get out of work early enough I'll head right to the gym after.