When do YOU go to the gym/workout?

Options

Replies

• wimeezer
    wimeezer Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    I'm there at 5am. There are people there but not insanely so. I live 45 min from gym and work so it's an early start but I love it :)
  • NocturnalGirl
    Options
    I leave the gym when it closes (10pm) so I go to workout at 6pm on most days, sometimes earlier and sometimes a little later.
  • rfsatar
    rfsatar Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    At the moment - able to go early so 3 days a week around 6:30am - pretty quiet although there is a grumpy b*stard who has started arguing with people who block his way in the "slow" section of the pool (they have single lanes for medium and fast.
    He was yelling at someone doing backstroke the other day - never said anything to me yet, but I have had the benefit of his stare as I have had to impinge in his part of the pool when it's crowded!

Previously I would go at 7pm, maybe later as the gym shuts as 10pm but I don't like eating late in the evening so this suits me much better.

It is HIDEOUS at my gym during the day when the Chelsea-Tractor Yummy Mummy brigade bring their squalling offspring in...
  • piratesaregrand
    piratesaregrand Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    4.11pm. Takes me a minute to walk from my office to the gym, 10 minutes to get changed, then I'm into it
  • AliciaStaton
    AliciaStaton Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Hi I tend to go after work 6.30pm onwards. I also go at weekends around just after lunch because it tends to be quieter and I can have a better workout:bigsmile:
  • chigau_me
    Options
    8-9-10pm ... hate mornings!
  • gjulie
    gjulie Posts: 391
    Options
    6.30 am,am way too lazy at night!
  • gjulie
    gjulie Posts: 391
    Options
    oh dear this made me smile I was one of those women a long long time ago well I wouldnt say yummy mummy that would be stretching it!I had 3 under 5 at the time and I always took them swimming in the afternoons,best to avoid the place for those couple of hours!thank God my squalling offspring are
    civilized now,actually one of them became a champion swimmer!Did some good!lol
    At the moment - able to go early so 3 days a week around 6:30am - pretty quiet although there is a grumpy b*stard who has started arguing with people who block his way in the "slow" section of the pool (they have single lanes for medium and fast.
    He was yelling at someone doing backstroke the other day - never said anything to me yet, but I have had the benefit of his stare as I have had to impinge in his part of the pool when it's crowded!

Previously I would go at 7pm, maybe later as the gym shuts as 10pm but I don't like eating late in the evening so this suits me much better.

It is HIDEOUS at my gym during the day when the Chelsea-Tractor Yummy Mummy brigade bring their squalling offspring in...
  • shivaslives
    shivaslives Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    I'm one of those obnoxious early risers and get to the gym between 5 - 5:30 am on most weekday mornings. It is certainly less crowded at my gym but by no means empty; generally about 20 of us; some for spin or body pump, some for weight training, and the rest just for cardio.
  • jennaworksout
    jennaworksout Posts: 1,739 Member
    Options
    right from work from 4:45 til about 6 , weekends usually around 4 , can't do the mornings lol only unless I need to cause I have plans :)
  • Chadomaniac
    Chadomaniac Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    5pm ;)
  • rpjmartin
    Options
    In the week, I go late afternoon. At the weekend, I try and start between 8-9 am.
  • xxthoroughbred
    xxthoroughbred Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I go between 7:30-9 p.m. I'm usually the only one at the gym at that time, which I like.

I would kill to be able to work out in the morning but I'd have to wake up at 3:30 a.m. to do it and get to work on time. It's when I'm most motivated, though.
  • prwhicks
    prwhicks Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Early evening through the week and late afternoon on weekends. Lunchtime is too rushed through the week to get a full, proper workout in.
  • char_char_piper
    Options
    I work out precisely at 2 PM everyday. On days that I do doubles, my workouts are at 10 AM and 2 PM. Those are just times that work best for me!

27783872.png
  • laural007
    laural007 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    If I don't go for lunch, I will go around 6:30 when the crowd dies.
  • bellydancer124
    Options
    I usually go around 6:45 a.m. My gym is pretty much always crowded in the mornings and evenings, so it doesn't really matter when you go. I just prefer working out before I go to work, because I'm usually too lazy after.

On Fridays (my day off), I go early afternoon. That's probably the least crowded time.
  • AleshiaBunting
    AleshiaBunting Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I am early early! I am in the gym about 4:15 AM for weight training! And then I add some cardio in at lunch or in the afternoon. The weight room is too busy in the evenings for me.
  • wowhb30
    wowhb30 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    5 AM on the weekdays so it gives me a nice jump of energy to start the day. As for the weekends, it all depends on whats planned so I try and schedule around it.

My gym is 24 hours and it seems like the hours of 4-10 PM are rediculously packed. Early morning when I go there's typically only a handful of people there and no wait on the machines.
  • misskerouac
    misskerouac Posts: 2,242 Member
    Options
    It's really going to depend on YOUR gyms class schedule and the demographics of your area.

I go at 6pm, right after work and it's fine, I never have to wait for machines or weights. The only busy day at that time is Thursday because there is a class.

On saturday afternoon when I go (around 2pm) I'm usually the only person in the Ladies Only part of the gym.