The 1200 Calorie Myth

Options
12346»

Replies

• swat1948
    swat1948 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I have thyroid disease and I promise you if I eat 2000 calories I WILL GAIN weight! I know my body and you clearly don't!
  • dawndw
    dawndw Posts: 203
    Options
    I have thyroid disease and I promise you if I eat 2000 calories I WILL GAIN weight! I know my body and you clearly don't!

That is why we all enter in our OWN info and not generic all the same info. We are all individuals, with individual needs and not everyone's body reacts the same.....I agree with SWAT1948 we are the only ones that can know our body.
  • know_your_worth
    know_your_worth Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    What a complete load of garbage. If you eat a low fat or low carb diet but still somehoe manage to consume more calories than your body burns you will gain weight.

^agreed.
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    I love it when newbies tell us how to lose weight. :flowerforyou:

I have been at this for 2 years....while I agree that 1200 calories is too low, the rest is garbage.
  • misshollie3
    Options
    I lost 10lbs in a week on a very popular carb restricted diet a few years ago but I also stopped menstruating for 2 months and got a lecture from my Dr. I know quite a few people who have done the same diet with no issues that I know of. Different things work for different people for sure.
  • onyxgirl17
    onyxgirl17 Posts: 1,721 Member
    Options
    lol this was a funny read....
  • loveisthmovement16
    Options
    I am 5ft 1, therefore several inches below average. I cannot therefore eat an average calorie intake without gaining weight. I must eat proportionately to my height, to lose, gain or maintain. When I exercise, I burn fewer calories for the same time, speed, distance as someone taller than me.
    When people say things like 1200 is the bare minimum the body can survive on, just what kind of body are they referring to?
    If I were tall, I'd be told that 1200 wasn't meant to be taken literally and my base line number would be higher than that. Does it not make sense that 1200 is also too high a baseline for very short people? Why is everyone so fixated on the magic 1200 number?
  • GoodGhost9
    Options
    No offense OP, but these types of threads just drive me nuts. So I'm going to stick with what I do best, and that is eat anything I want in moderation and exercise 5 times per week (of course I'll eat healthier in general, but if I want that delicious bad carb-loaded cookie on occasion, I'll go for it! And track it). If I go over my calories for the day, I'm not going to cry about it.