Are you guys going to track everything you eat

Options
on Thanksgiving day? How will that work? Seems like a lot of guessing and time spent... Or is it a free day?

Replies

• brittanyholocker
    brittanyholocker Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I would like to say that I am going to track everything, but I know I probably won't. Thanksgiving will be a day about family, etc. and not focused on calories. However, this does not mean that it will be an entirely free day for me. I definitely will be focusing more on veggies as well as moderation.
  • monty619
    monty619 Posts: 1,308 Member
    Options
    yes.. il guestimate
  • Hollycat
    Hollycat Posts: 372
    Options
    Uhh....no.
  • PunkyRachel
    PunkyRachel Posts: 1,959 Member
    Options
    Moderation, a couple bites of everything. I personally will be logging. I'm obsessive about it though. lol
  • jhanso86
    Options
    Free Day!
  • fldiver97
    fldiver97 Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Yup, what I don't know I will estimate as much as I can. I am not going to preplan my meals but I will run a 5K in the morning, eat, drink and log. However good, bad or over the limit........:tongue:
  • lilmisfit
    lilmisfit Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    Probably not...I have vegetarian entrees that I ordered from a local restaurant and have no idea what the nutritional value is. And, everything else is being made by my sis-in-law. I will have NO idea how much I'm eating (or drinking). But, it's a holiday, so I don't care.
  • jesswait
    jesswait Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Whenever I can't measure before I cook or eat out, I usually estimate. After you've measured often enough you start to be able to estimate portion sizes.
  • marthathebear
    Options
    I'll do my best but I won't obsess over it.
  • sabgoe
    sabgoe Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Free day!!! :)
  • kcoftx
    kcoftx Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    No. I'm gonna log in 3,000 quick add calories and move on.
  • prettymomma16
    Options
    I think a free day is okay if you have a handle on your new life style change. However if you think it might send you off the deep end, I would stick to everything in moderation! You can still have that cake, just make it a smaller piece ;)
  • BelindaDuvessa
    BelindaDuvessa Posts: 1,014 Member
    Options
    Nope. We are having a pot luck at work, and I can't even begin to know what I will be consuming. So, I'm putting in 3000 quick add calories and calling the day done. Why 4000? I know I will be sampling at least 3 desserts, plus some higher fat content side dishes.
  • gadenni34
    gadenni34 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    not logging here. Just going to enjoy the day with family and try my best to eat as reasonably as I can. Enjoy!
  • Sharkington
    Options
    haha, no. I am definitely not going to log what I eat tomorrow. :)
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    double post
  • katevarner
    katevarner Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    I am going to guess at most stuff, but no idea what my family's recipes contain and not going to spend my time with them getting the recipe. Had a big deficit yesterday and today and went to gym both days, and will do the same Friday and Sunday (long walk planned for Saturday), so I figure it will all even out in the end.
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    yes
  • meeka472
    meeka472 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Yup, I'm logging every bite. Since I've been celebrating all week, I've been logging everything. Good, bad, and ugly!
  • darleyschroeder
    Options
    It's a free day and I am still going to track. If I was eating someone else's cooking I likely wouldn't track, that's just too much work. Luckily, I am the cook here and know exactly what foods have in them.