Are you guys going to track everything you eat

Options

Replies

• Sharminjess
    Options
    I have found that my stomach has shrunk since I started watching my calorie intake. My portions are a quarter of what they were. I will track what I can and measure what I put on my plate. Exercising helps.
  • Christylee76
    Christylee76 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I will log the best i can!
  • im logging everyyyything...i aint scared !!!
  • wimeezer
    wimeezer Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Yes I am.
  • honey_bee_keysha
    honey_bee_keysha Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    I will try to but there is no guarantee I will be able to.
  • rosesigil
    rosesigil Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Yes, logging it all already. My total is about 3700 calories. Maybe it will be less though, but I wanted to figure it higher. Yes, there is guessing involved as often with totally homecooked food; always varies slightly. If I'm off a little it'll be ok; I will also continue to rake leaves as I have many trees, and not many days off to get to them! Plus, I like being outside and they are very pretty this year. :flowerforyou:
  • bellygoaway
    bellygoaway Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    I am not much of a hunter anymore, I plan to just sit and eat, eat a lot:)
  • ghost2012
    Options
    im tracking it all, hitting the gym, too.. but i hope everyone has a safe and filling day ..... Salute'
  • rowdylibrarian
    rowdylibrarian Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    maybe, it would be fun to see how much a whole pecan pie adds up to....

About 4200 calories... :) I have one sitting cooling on top of my stove as we speak. Along with a pumpkin, mincemeat, cherry, and apple! Might be worth it! :)
  • coastie_wife07
    Options
    I'll be tracking no matter what, doesn't matter if I know I go over, it's about being with family and being happy. Also, I made the sweet potatoes and the pumpkin pie so I know the calories for those already lol.
  • nicleed
    nicleed Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    We don;t have Thanksgiving here (thank goodness!), but I certainly won;t be tracking on Christmas day.

One day will not put 11kg back. And, you know, obsessive much?
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    Yep, I'm cooking this year, so I pre-planned the menu several weeks ago (I'm old school and have learned that for me, not planning is my planning to fail--but that's just me--everyone is different and I so respect that) and I tracked every portion, sniff, bite and taste yesterday in my food diary. Although this is going to be Thanksgiving Day, everyday is Thanksgivings Day to me. I'm tired of being fat, flabby and outta control with my eating, drinking, thinking and living! I've got a new way of looking at life---I'm living a new lifestyle, and that includes a new way of looking at society's gluttony/pig out days/holidays too. So society says I should, cause it's a day of greed and gluttony in the name of giving "thanks" and being grateful, I must bow down to my lust and gluttony and obey the dictates of society that says I'm not cool if I don't. NOPE! Not falling for that "con game/scam" this year nor anymore, Uh-UH! I will treat tomorrow like another regular, but special dinner, and will be totally partying with my family and friends and (MY WAY OF ) pigging out on and I'll be under 1500 cals doing it MY WAY--not so large, but totally in CHARGE baby this Thanksgivings Day:drinker: -- My new future slim and trim new lifestyle way of eating, drinking and thinking, by purposely, gratefully and joyfully not giving in to guilt nor shame nor a flying hoot what anyone thinks of it--not seeking approval nor applause for that matter either. All the while thoroughly getting down on some pig-out foods I only do certain times of the year.

I've got my eyes on the prize of living, eating and drinking a balanced and GRATEFUL and satisfied/content to eat within reason, track my cals and do this thang like the healthy, happy, not going along with the crowd winner that I am. I'm the future slim & trim queen BOSS of my body, mind and soul and I'll not be giving in to the gluttony, greed, over indulging spirit of the day of the year of our society tomorrow or evermore.

I am taking a free day off of officially exercising though--even though with all of the cooking, dancing and such, I'll still have my fat crying some tomorrow too! Woot!

This is my way...more fabulous power to all (and it will be the majority, I know) who choose to do otherwise. Have a fun, fabulous day everyone!
  • msshiraz
    msshiraz Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I'm new to MFP but have been tracking foods on paper consistently for 9 months and have lost 30 lbs; I'd like to lose 20 more, and even after only 3 days on MFP I can see how this will be much easier. As to Thanksgiving, today I made a list of the foods I plan to eat (moderation, moderation, moderation) and looked them up on MFP. I'm talking about 2 T. of gravy, 1/2 of a slice of pie, no potatoes but yes to champagne, and small bits of other things. I came up with 900 cals. If I don't deviate from that, then I can feel I enjoyed Thanksgiving but didn't go UNKNOWINGLY crazy!

If I were you- I'd let go a little- and if nothing else- enter those calories at a little higher rate. Allow yourself the one day. I did a rough draft of the average meal at Thanksgiving, and it was around 2600 calories. So- if you think you can stay at 900 ok, but give yourself some leway too- if its important to you.
    I love how so many are letting go- but working off the calories first. Many gyms are open in the morning- try to get in a workout if you can and give yourself those extra calories- just to bank you may find something you'd really like to try
  • NatashaShen
    NatashaShen Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I'm not even going to try to log. I know I will be over my calorie goal and if I see the red numbers I will just get depressed. I plan on enjoying the whole day and starting new on Friday.
  • Hungrygirl88
    Options
    Yes. I already logged tomorrow. If I don't, I know myself one day will end up being one week, and that will be several weeks. And I've just gotten my second wind with this, and I'm focusing totally on this...no more starting over....my next non logging day unless something drastic happens when. Will be the day I hit my goal weight.!!! =) Besides, I really don't like Thanksgiving food..so probably only eating turkey, sweet potato, and beans.
  • Honey7c70
    Honey7c70 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I will be logging tomorrow as best as I can, but I will be limiting my portions. I hear there is an app called MealSnap and you take a picture of the fool and it will estimate the nutritional information for you.
  • Hellaine
    Hellaine Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I don't know, I will later at night if I get bored and decide to, but I'm not planning on it or stressed about it. I don't like dessert foods very much so that's not an issue and my boyfriend is sober and so I stay sober around him, so no liqour. I'll bring my own diet sodas. Don't like stuffing, but I'll probably try one of everything else in moderation. Which will still be way over my lunch goals but I have a hard enough time slugging down like 1000 calories for one meal so I'm not TOO concerned with super food craziness.

However, I'll still be working out twice tomorrow hehe :)
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Nope. Not logging.
  • loveisthmovement16
    Options
    I'm from Canada and made my Myfitnesspal after Canadian thanksgiving but I'm definitely going to for Christmas!
  • Aviva92
    Aviva92 Posts: 2,333 Member
    Options
    not going to track. i never track when i don't eat things that are easily trackable. i wouldn't even know how to go about doing that. too much guess work.