Are you guys going to track everything you eat

Options

Replies

• FitToBeEnvied
    Options
    Since I won't be cooking everything myself and there are no solid nutritional facts available for most of the stuff that'll be at the meal, I'm just going to relax and enjoy the day. When I log food I like to be accurate.
  • ParkerH47
    ParkerH47 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    I would say, if the thought of it stresses you out, then dont. You want to have a good day, I would say watch what you eat, listen to your hunger cues and dont overeat. Other wise, I wouldn't worry about exact calories.
  • pickledginger
    Options
    I'll be logging everything. :-)
  • TXtstorm
    TXtstorm Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Every bite. See, about 3 years ago we moved far from the extended family with whom we might otherwise have Thanksgiving dinner. So mi esposo and I planned and will cook our meal, just as we do most dinners. Calories are pretty closely counted when you're the one doing the cooking, you plan ahead to measure ingredients and calculate servings, and you have all of the packaging at hand for reference. There will be some definite splurge calories, some favorite items have been altered slightly to be better for us, and I know serving sizes and will measure carefully. But everyone got to select their favorites for inclusion on the table. Now I'll probably skip the yeast rolls. I *adore* those things, and I'm pretty confident that is a food I should never eat as it would be a slippy and steep slope for me. Much easier to pass the plate on around the table than to keep myself from going back for "just one more." But I'm having turkey and all of the sides, plus dessert! Yum!
  • 2Bhealthier2
    2Bhealthier2 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I probably wont, but then I might at 11pm tomorrow night, who knows. It's a day of giving thanks and being with family and friends and that is my true plan. I will watch what I eat because some foods have gotten where they make me feel sick so I will stay away from those.

I lost my Mom last year and came close to loosing my Dad a couple times after that so I plan on visiting, playing games and laughing with him and others, my calories can wait. I didn't put the weight on over night nor am I going to loose it over night so one day will be fine.
  • julieh391
    julieh391 Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    Nope! I'll run my 5k, log 4,000 quick add calories (lots of dinner, dessert, and wine. lots.) and call it a day. :drinker:
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    Heck no. I'm not tracking anything.
  • sbrownallison
    sbrownallison Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    I'm new to MFP but have been tracking foods on paper consistently for 9 months and have lost 30 lbs; I'd like to lose 20 more, and even after only 3 days on MFP I can see how this will be much easier. As to Thanksgiving, today I made a list of the foods I plan to eat (moderation, moderation, moderation) and looked them up on MFP. I'm talking about 2 T. of gravy, 1/2 of a slice of pie, no potatoes but yes to champagne, and small bits of other things. I came up with 900 cals. If I don't deviate from that, then I can feel I enjoyed Thanksgiving but didn't go UNKNOWINGLY crazy!
  • redheaddee
    redheaddee Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    For the 47th time today, no. :noway:

I am looking forward to Black Friday so people will stop stressing about one damn day
  • CrimsonDiva7
    CrimsonDiva7 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I plan to workout in the morning, quick add 2000 calories and eat in moderation.
  • _Wits_
    _Wits_ Posts: 1,286 Member
    Options
    Nope! Nada! ZIP! I'm going to be smart, listen to my body, but enjoy all the foods I don't get to enjoy the other 364 days of the year :)
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options

I am looking forward to Black Friday so people will stop stressing about one damn day

On Friday, we start freaking out about Christmas...
  • Cranktastic
    Cranktastic Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options

or whining about how we indulged on Thanksgiving
  • guardian419
    guardian419 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    If MFP has a limit on food, I think I'll reach it :) Tomorrow is also going to be a lifting day so....
  • know_your_worth
    know_your_worth Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    I'm going to track. My numbers will probably be off since there will be a lot of guess work involved, but at least I'll get a general idea of how many calories I consumed.
  • redheaddee
    redheaddee Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options

or whining about how we indulged on Thanksgiving

LMAO, sad but true :laugh:
  • dutchman24
    dutchman24 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Just going to "wright off" the day. Will try to limit the amounts, but I'm not going to worry so much about cal. tomorrow. Will begin again on Friday...enjoy the day!
  • sunsnstatheart
    sunsnstatheart Posts: 2,544 Member
    Options
    Tracking yes, limiting what I eat, no. Every morsel of meat, every piece of pie and every scoop of ice cream will be joyfully recorded . . .
  • Doodlewhopper
    Doodlewhopper Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    Hot DAWG! Does free day mean anything we eat wont make us fat? LOL

(I got a hot date with a pumpkin pie and it aint gonna be purty)
  • karenwill2
    karenwill2 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    nope. But then again I have not tracked for the last two weeks. A little vacation was needed for me and on Saturday, I look forward to tracking again. sometimes, this girl needs a break. (I have not gained one pound back yet either)