Struggling to eat enough, or bulking/gaining weight?

Options
13»

Replies

• HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    a little junk is fine but there is more than a little junk in the OP's diary, but she says she doesn't eat junk? Just admit you eat junk like biscuits, mince pies, sausage rolls, pizza, doughnuts, Seemed a little hypocitical that's all.

Yes, I eat those things. I see what you mean and how it's taken as hypocritical. What I meant was, I don't have junk as part of my main meals, things that I use to get my 3000 in, or the things I listed in the blog. I was giving examples of foods that were not "junk" that I eat regularly to show that you can get a high amount in without it. I do have these "Junk foods" in addition to that.

Although, I will add that I don't see some of those things you mentioned (mainly pizza, sausage rolls, mince pies) as junk. To me, junk food means little or no nutritional value. There is a nutritional value in those foods, even if it's not as much as in some other foods.
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    a little junk is fine but there is more than a little junk in the OP's diary, but she says she doesn't eat junk? Just admit you eat junk like biscuits, mince pies, sausage rolls, pizza, doughnuts, Seemed a little hypocitical that's all.

You haven't clarified what makes it junk.

Duh if its not chicken/lean beef and veggies, its junk. Anything that tastes good is junk

LOL! This reminded me of this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66boOY4xXGU
    Personally, I believe a little junk is far less damaging in a high calorie diet than the same amount in a low calorie diet. I fear I did my body some damage eating junk in place of healthier food on 1200kcal, but on 2000kcal plus, just adding junk on top of healthy food is less problematic.

Yep, if I was on a low calorie diet, I wouldn't eat any snack foods or "junk" at all. Not only would I be hungry all the time, but I wouldn't be getting enough nutrients. On 3000+ calories a day, where the main aim is to gain weight, you have plenty of room to get all your nutritional requirements in, alongside satisfying, filling foods. There should really be room after that to do as you please with the calories.
  • Matt_Wild
    Matt_Wild Posts: 2,673 Member
    Options
    AGAIN there IS a difference.

Fats are not equal. You will have hydrogenated fats. You'll you will have processed saturated non animal fats. You will have lower omega 3's and 6's.

This means increased LDLs (bad chelestrol) decreased HDLs and elevated triglycerides. Furthermore your insulin sensitivity gets effected negatively so you will find it easier to put on fat.