I want to RUN

Options
124»

Replies

• pen_thief
    pen_thief Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I am doing C25K too and I love it! My lung capacity and conditioning were very, very horrible before I started. I barely made it to one minute without feeling like I couldn't get a proper breath and my heart going insane trying to beat out of my chest. I'm on week 3 as of this upcoming Monday, but I have already tested out my limits on in-between workouts and I can run for 10-13 straight (slowly). I can't believe how fast it has whipped me into better shape. I printed out the treadmill chart and posted in on the wall so I can look at it while I walk/run. I initial it when I get a workout done so I can see the progress I'm making. Best of luck to you!! :)
  • kikilareggae
    kikilareggae Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    You got to start somewhere, right? Good attitude and good job! Keep trying to run longer each time and I guarantee you'll surprise yourself! I know that's what happened to me when I started running this year, too!
  • bethieannie
    bethieannie Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    "My new goal is to be able to run non stop 5K. I know it will be kind of slow at first, but once I have that down I can start to increase in speed and distance. "

Register for a race! It doesnt matter if it is a month from now or 6 months from now, it is great motivation to keep you going! I started running in March, and doing 5k's in June. I walked a good portion of my first one, but it was a great starting point, and will only get better from here on out!
  • weloveourboys
    weloveourboys Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Great NSV!!

Great job.

What is NSV?

Non Scale Victory

Thank you! Been wondering for months lol!
  • runmybunsoff
    runmybunsoff Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!!! Keep on' keepin' on girl!!
  • Sharkington
    Options
    that is great! I love running, too. :)
    Just work on it bit by bit and eventually you will gain a much higher endurance and the ability to run longer distances. Keep it up and congrats! I would say three minutes is an awesome start.
  • rebelontherun
    rebelontherun Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I know exactly what it's like to not be able to run very long at all. 3 minutes is a great start. Just work at it little by little. You're doing great :)
  • JudySwims
    JudySwims Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Dont stop!!!!! Keep it up Kiddo!!!!!
  • JessicaMorganC
    Options
    Congrats!! :) I've been there too!
  • shrinkingislander
    shrinkingislander Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    New running convert right here. I started out just walking around my neighbourhood and eventually increased this distance. I live right by the ocean, which means there is a huge hill right down my street that I have to climb every day. At first, I dreaded that hill, now I just hold it in mild disdain and by george one day soon I am going to run up it. I didn't do a C25K program but just started to pick landmarks on my route that I would run to and eventually the distances grew and now I am running 5km (except for my 4 hills, they are really steep, ut I hope to be running up them soon).

But you know what I rewarded myself with when I reached my 100lbs loss goal - I have signed up for a running class in January with a well-known and accomplished ladies Masters runner. I am so excited it is all aimed at mid point landing, similar to chi running. The classes are small, only 8 participants and it is drills focussing on techniques. I am hoping by working on form, I can prevent injury while improving my times and endurance.

It is called Mindful Strides and here is the course description:
    The building block for all Mindful Strides classes, this is your introduction to the basics of healthy posture and alignment using the Alexander Method. Marilyn focuses on drills and stability exercises to help participants gain awareness and embark on the path to injury-free running. Suitable for those new to running, as well as advanced athletes looking to improve form and efficiency.
    http://www.mindfulstrides.com
  • DankiStar
    Options
    Check out C25K. I started off struggling to do the 30 second tun, I'm now up to doing 8 minute run easily...
  • xgg2rs
    xgg2rs Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Great, Good luck with the C25k. Don't worry about the speed for your first 5k, just worry about finishing. That's the thing I love about runners, is usually everyone is supports other runners and it's all about beating your personal best.

You will be suprised at how fast you can start running longer at one time.
  • woodsy0912
    Options
    Thanks again everyone for being so awesome and motivational!

W1D1 of C25K complete!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!