Anyone go over their daily calorie limits? I did...

Options

Replies

• darisey
    darisey Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I actually planned to go over (possibly waayyyy over lol) but I'm under! Even after prelogging some more food in case I'm hungry later!
    AND that included a couple of slices of chocolate chip chocolate caramel cheesecake with chocolate graham cracker crust. I Am one happy lady ;)
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    I think that it's fantastic that you guys are * mindful * and LOGGING that you are over on your allowances....think of the many millions out there who eat like this as a habit day in and day out, and remind yourself how awesome you are for indulging on a holiday..it's a lifestyle and not a jail term, and holidays are meant to be celebrated and enjoyed!
  • spangey13
    Options
    I have been over Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday this week because I ate junk food. I live in New Zealand, so no Thanksgiving so no real excuse.

I am trying to stay a reflective amount under for the rest of the week so my count is about average at the end of it!
  • kuntry_navy
    kuntry_navy Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    stretching the belly muscles out
  • carrietehbear
    carrietehbear Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    I'm currently still way under. I need to eat more. I ran a 10K this morning just so I wouldn't feel bad about eating a lot but I don't have it in me to stuff myself silly.
  • RoadsterGirlie
    RoadsterGirlie Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    Ate approximately 1600 calories during dinner. Not too shabby - would have been a lot worse prior to be on a plan...
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,269 Member
    Options
    2,505 calories today... so almost 1k over my 1600 limit. Eh, not worried about it. If I hadn't had a snack and 2 cinnamon rolls I would have been better off lol.
  • lisamariepickering
    Options
    I'm over about 750 calories and don't think I'm ever eating again. I'm so stuffed! But I don't feel like I ate that much; it's just more than what I've been eating lately. Definitely less than what I would've eaten years past. Problem is we stayed home this year so all the leftovers are in my fridge. But I feel so sick after eating so much that I don't think I'll have that problem these next few days.
  • realdog2usa
    realdog2usa Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I consumed a traditional Thanksgiving Dinner which I prepared, Turkey & Dressing, all the trimmings, Including a very rich Fluffy Baked Orange Sweet Potato Souffle. Blackeye Peas, Brussels Sprouts, Deviled Egg, Bread. There is no way to count these calories. I had 160 Calorie Oatmeal Breakfast and Dinner at 3 p.m.

What about a Quick Add Calories of ??? 1800 and call it a day... No evening meal & No snacks.

I did skip the Pumpkin Pie!!!!

I don't feel I went way off course! Back to accountability and exercise tomorrow!

24731816.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    Nope. I measured my food and allotted myself enough to be satisfied. I'm not really a fan of turkey too much.......
  • dsjohndrow
    dsjohndrow Posts: 1,820 Member
    Options
    I did fine. I had 10 shrimp and there was hardly room for the dinner. It was an average day. I just don't eat like I used to.
  • spud_chick
    spud_chick Posts: 2,639 Member
    Options
    One of the features I'd like to see added here is a 7-day (and maybe also a 30-day) calorie average, so you can see whether you're doing a good job of compensating for overages. I don't think one crazy day is going to make that much of a difference. And if you really enjoyed the food, then Awesome!

We went out to a buffet with the husband's family this year instead of cooking in, and fortunately [?] for me there really wasn't very much that was appealing for the near-vegetarians. I had two plates, the second of which was mostly salad, and a piece of lame pumpkin pie I didn't finish. And I didn't know they had plates of assorted cheeses until we were leaving. So I still have a little over 300 calories left over at the moment, coincidentally about what I worked off walking this morning. I have some dark chocolate and red wine set aside to to use up the "surplus" here in a bit, but I'm still full.

A better buffet would have been nice, but it was also good to be underwhelmed. Was able to log a pound lost this morning (I don't enter a weight change until I've seen the number on the scale at least twice) and didn't want to undo it.

Next year I'll cook, and will eat more, but hopefully I can afford to do that by next year.
  • SueGremlin
    SueGremlin Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    I logged, I am almost 2000 calories over. It amazes me how easy it is to do that. It's educational. Yeah, that's it. :)
  • shawnteahsing
    shawnteahsing Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Not yet. But I did go over my carb and fat for the day and I haven't even had pumpkin pie yet! I ate smaller amounts of all the Thanksgiving food. I made fresh fruit salad this year, no canned fruit. Thats where most of my carbs came from. So pumpkin pie tonight and longer at the gym tomorrow.
  • Danilynn1975
    Danilynn1975 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I had to work today, so normal lunch, normal breakfast. by the time I got home just me and my hubby for my dinner time. no stress, no pressure, I ate what I wanted. Measured and logged it all. Still have 222 calories left. I got pumpkin pie yogurt for my dessert. So I got all the taste I wanted, but none of the stuff my body doesn't need.

Debating on a nice cheese cracker fest for a snack in a bit. We have gouda and brie. Both sound really yummy right now
  • vkmcewen
    vkmcewen Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I went way over as well. Not going to sweat it. I'm really working on this, and wanted to enjoy my family and wonderful food. Will just work harder over the next week. Happy Thanksgiving to all!
  • realdog2usa
    realdog2usa Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Go to the Reports Tab and click Nutrition, it will give you the calories consumed for a number of days you select. I most found of the Calories Burned Report as I exercise HARD everyday. Zumba 5 & 6 days a week, I hike a mountain 1 or 2 times, Just started taking dancing lessons & I'm an avid bicyclist & long distance hiker. Check out the Reports Tab, you will love it...

Cheers and hope you have a great holiday weekend.
  • jnp96
    jnp96 Posts: 163
    Options
    I did. I made apple pie and ate 2 slices. I kept everything else low, but still went over 300 calories!
  • sunsnstatheart
    sunsnstatheart Posts: 2,544 Member
    Options
    Yea, a few calories over, but not so much. Its Thanksgiving and I enjoyed myself.
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    Not tracking. My target is 3000 currently, I'm guessing by end of day I'll be around 5k or so.