Anyone go over their daily calorie limits? I did...

Options

Replies

• zaph0d
    zaph0d Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    Don't feel bad. In the US it's Thanksgiving day, a day during which it's customary to eat lots. I sure plan to!
  • ThinnerPerfection
    Options
    i did......... i refused to log them though, because i knew i would have nightmares and want to exercise ALL night
  • nhradeuce
    nhradeuce Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Ran a 5k this morning and was way under yesterday so I wasn't worried about going over today. I ate well but only went over 300 calories. No way I could eat another bite today. I may jump on the elliptical tonight just to get back to even... but then maybe not.
  • YoshiZelda
    YoshiZelda Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    I pre-planned. Only 70 calories over, and that's IF I eat my dessert. If I don't, then I'll be under calories by 200. But I am craving chocolate, so I think I shall eat it haha.
  • mstocks80
    mstocks80 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    2600 over. Do I care? Of course not. It's just one day,meant to be enjoyed. Back on track tomorrow

Agreed! What we do today does not determine tomorrows actions! Happy Thanksgiving! Enjoy your family and all that you are thankful for today... Including the food on the table.
  • dym123
    dym123 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    Only by 22 calories, barely touched my exercise calories. I wanted to, just couldn't.
  • tendumom
    tendumom Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Not yet, but I will before the day is out!

Dinner came in at 685 calories. Couldn't resist having some stuffing and a little bit of gravy, but I held off on seconds. Probably overdid it on the mashed sweet potatoes, but better that than some other things.

I have about 175 calories left for the day, but we have not had dessert... and I know its cheesecake! .
  • kgtgj
    kgtgj Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm under at the moment but I've been looking at another piece of pie. I ran/walked a 5K this morning that gave me calories to spare.
  • crudd123
    crudd123 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I went over by 161 calories but I was trying to be good! It was a good Thanksgiving! I ate one plate full and 2 brownies for dessert and that's it!
  • Aello11
    Aello11 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    600 over ---- if I just said no to the apple pie with ice cream --- but the heck with it.... IT WAS GOOD ... back on track tomorrow
  • iluvprettyshoes
    iluvprettyshoes Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Ok I posted earlier that I went over but didn't log...

I logged what I ate just now and I'm nearly 600 under!! Ran a 10K this morning so that's what did it.

I could go eat some more.....hmmmm
  • spider095
    Options
    I did this Thanksgiving! By about 600 calories, I think. Of course, I don't think I logged everything down. I just started this like 30 minutes ago, but I hope that I can loose the weight!! :)) Sadly, I'm still hungry....My calorie limit is at like 1200 a day, but I'm surprised I still didn't tickle 2,000 calories, which I always figured was "safe" to eat and not gain weight...huh. Oh well, now I'm just rambling :) Good luck to everyone out there!!!!
  • fit4lifeUcan2
    fit4lifeUcan2 Posts: 1,458 Member
    Options
    Don't shoot me but I didn't go over. I was actually under 1200 for the day. I saved most of my calories for dinner. I'm just not used to eating large meals anymore and fatty foods make me feel sick. I had 8oz of turkey breast without the skin, 1/2 a cup of butternut squash, 1/2 cup of stuffing, 2 tablespoons of gravy (yes I measured and weighed everything even on TDay) I had a tiny sliver of pumpkin pie and a small bit of fat free reddi whip. oh and 2 small corn muffins. That was 3 hours ago and I still feel stuffed. Then hubby and I went for a nice brisk walk. I feel really good about myself. After I put everything in first on WW tracker then here I see that I not only stayed within my WW points but I'm slightly under 1200 calories for the day.

Right now I feel like if I ate another bite I would get sick. There was a time when I could eat 2 servings easy but not anymore. Thankfully those days are over.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Daily target averages about 2,000. Currently planning on about 5,500 cals but I may end up falling a bit short and end up at about 4,000 - 4,500.
  • MaryJane_8810002
    MaryJane_8810002 Posts: 2,082 Member
    Options
    I went over by 200 but I took a walk :wink:
  • leomom72
    leomom72 Posts: 1,797 Member
    Options
    yeah..i feel bad a little, but thanksgiving and christmas only come once a year, so i give myself a little slack..back to normal tomorrow tho:drinker:
  • ExplorinLauren
    ExplorinLauren Posts: 991 Member
    Options
    I went 350 calories over today, and that includes my alcohol lol ... I ate some of everything I wanted.... So I don't care. Its just one day :)
  • TXtstorm
    TXtstorm Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Not yet, and not really planning to, but I have not yet eaten the dessert I logged nor had the cup of tea I'm thinking of (with a bit of creamer). I'm at 1500 and some-odd for the day. Forgot to eat part of the breakfast I had planned, went for a walk mid-morning, had a snack but no lunch because I was busy cooking, then didn't eat exactly what I had planned. With my intended dessert already logged, I have 12 calories left after applying the exercise calories. If I have the tea, I'll have 2 calories left. We're still thinking of taking another shorter walk this evening. Either way, I think I'm good. I had actually thought I'd be 400 over but didn't fret since I've got a 650 calorie deficit according to MFP. It was tasty, but I've learned that even for a special exception meal, I can make my serving sizes slightly smaller and be perfectly satisfied. Good to be thinking of as I spend Christmas away from home with family meals I may not be able to control!
  • jogy
    jogy Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I logged to see how much I ate today...it was well over six thousand calories!

Needless to say, I swiftly removed it from my diary so I didn't have to go to bed having nightmares of red numbers LOL!

(BTW, I live in Ireland and there is no such thing as THANKSGIVING here, that was all just me having a really REALLY stressful day haha)

We will be fine, we will get back to the good life :smile:

:heart:

I'm *trying* to stop myself from feeling bad by reflecting on how far I've come. These bad days happen to us all!

I do that myself on stressful days. Cereals and chocolate are my worst ennemies. But we got to pick ourselves up and continue our journey!
  • DonM46
    DonM46 Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    Yes, but not as badly as I was expecting. Over by 140.
    Of course the day isn't over, but the way I feel (over-full), I won't eat any more today.