Didn't go over cal limits THXGIVING DAY success stories

Options
Did anyone manage to NOT over-indulge today, Thanksgiving Day, to eat to your hearts content, not too little, not too much and stay within or even under your daily calories goals AND yet manage to have a super fun and great Thanksgiving Day?

If so, how'd you do it?

Did you/do you feel deprived or cheated or any such thing by NOT overindulging today--if not...why not?

What was the BEST part of your day today?

Are you proud of yourself?

Replies

• Greg3705
    Greg3705 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Stayed under on calories but went way over on sodium
  • tuckerrj
    tuckerrj Posts: 1,453 Member
    Options
    Did a 90 minute run/walk this morning. Small breakfast. At a late and very large Thanksgiving lunch. Still not hungry 6 hours later. So a small dinner, snack or nothing this evening.
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    Stayed under on calories but went way over on sodium

Me too...I didn't go way over my sodium, but over yet and still over by 125. But drank a boat load of water to try to compensate a tad bit.
  • Guamybear
    Guamybear Posts: 1,061 Member
    Options
    I don't think I went to far over if I did..I used the generic items in the database so I am not sure how accurate they were.. I don't feel like I overate at all..so I did good.
  • cappri
    cappri Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options
    I'm well under for the day, expcept for the sodium! I pre-tracked everything I planned to eat today last night and then adjusted as the day went on of course. I had planned on another meal with "left-overs" this evening, but I'm just to full from earlier. Eliminating those calories, my workout from this morning, and my afternoon walk and I'm 1,100+ under my calorie goal.
  • Cranktastic
    Cranktastic Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    no
  • bdunt2646
    bdunt2646 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    i didnt over stuff myself this year like i have in the past... i satisfied my hunger...gave it a few hours and satisfied it again lol... managed to stay well under my calories... i even have enough calories left to have a snack after work! :)
    its all about portion sizing and telling yourself "your eyes are bigger than your stomach...you REALLY ARENT THAT hungry" lol

congrats to those who stayed under
  • MelisRunning
    MelisRunning Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    I have exactly 160 cals left for the day. And I am still too stuffed from lunch to even think about eating those cals.:smile:
  • GeorgieLove708
    GeorgieLove708 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    I didn't count calories today, but I ate just enough to feel full. I filled my plate with healthy options first, just a little each of the unhealthy foods after that. I didn't feel deprived, I may have eaten more than my weight loss calories, but I definitely didn't go over maintenance (I feel way overstuffed usually around 1900-2200 calories, maintenance is 2600)

ETA: I am proud of myself. A "normal" Thanksgiving for me would have me so full I felt like I would explode and unable to move. I would have gone for a plate full of mashed potatoes and noodles first, not ham, turkey, corn, and green beans.

The best part of the day was just getting to spend time with my family. We'll be moving out of state next year and we won't get to spend Thanksgiving with my family next year.
  • Kjandcuttysmom
    Kjandcuttysmom Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Had a small breakfast, finished cooking then went to my job to bring my coworkers some food. Decided to stay there and dish out the food because some of the staff would just go buck wild fixing their own plates without a second thought to the others who couldn't eat just yet. I then left my car at work and walked to the fitness trail and walked/ran for an hour. Ran a few more errands then I came home and ate a little bit of most of the food I cooked. Now I sit here still full and ready to pass out.
    shine
  • tuckerrj
    tuckerrj Posts: 1,453 Member
    Options
    I'm well under for the day, expcept for the sodium! I pre-tracked everything I planned to eat today last night and then adjusted as the day went on of course. I had planned on another meal with "left-overs" this evening, but I'm just to full from earlier. Eliminating those calories, my workout from this morning, and my afternoon walk and I'm 1,100+ under my calorie goal.

You're my HERO!
  • stbrad6896
    Options
    I'm officially done eating for the night... as of right now I've gone over by 520, but honestly I STILL consider this a success. throughout the day I just snacked a bit (was only at about 400 calories before dinner). When the time came to eat I said no to the rolls, had only a small small bit of mashed potatoes (1/4 cup maybe?) and made good choices - turkey, salad, green bean casserole, and stuffing I made with added veggies. Glancing at my diary I think what really pushed me over was the glass of wine and the deserts (I quick added 500 for a handful of M&Ms, 4 hershey's kisses w/ almonds, and a TINY sliver of the caramel cinnamon cake my little sister made - I have no clue how many cals it was but I'm sure it was bad...) even so I think I overestimated just a tad on some things, but I'd rather over estimate than UNDER. So yeah, I feel great - I'm not sitting in a chair comatose from over-eating for one thing, and I know I can work off the measly 520 tomorrow =) yay for me.
  • moonracer3
    Options
    I just watched my portions and tried not to overindulge too much, though that pie is calling my name.
  • TiffersStr1
    TiffersStr1 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Stayed under calories and sodium, went over on sugar and carbs. Back on track tomorrow!
  • cappri
    cappri Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options

You're my HERO!

:embarassed: Thanks! I really had intended to eat more today. Now I'm just going to have to have cherry pie tomorrow since I'm to full to eat it tonight.
  • Phaedra2014
    Phaedra2014 Posts: 1,254 Member
    Options
    I stayed under my cal limit for the day.
  • traceyleighgirl
    traceyleighgirl Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I ran FIVE MILES THIS MORNING!!! I have never ran that much or for so long. It was part of a Thanksgiving Turkey Trot in my area. My half-marathoner sister stayed with me and paced with me. :) It was about a 10:30-ish pace per mile. So proud of myself that I actually cried a bit.

I ate VERY well considering, even with all the extra calories I earned! I even overestimated the calories on food, just in case. I ate smaller portions and still had a wonderful time. I'm so thankful for this year in my life. I have had the best year of my 21 year old life! I love my family and I love everything about how this day has turned out.
  • DMW914
    DMW914 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Under in Calories but a bit over in carbs.
  • Neeser926
    Neeser926 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Stayed well under. I don't feel at all deprived....I even had pumpkin pie. Still full some 6 hours later! I had taken a 2.25 mile walk this am but didn't even need those calories.
  • dsjohndrow
    dsjohndrow Posts: 1,820 Member
    Options
    I just filled up on shrimp after skipping lunch. Then I didn't have room for turkey or much else. Oh yeah, and I ran a race this morning.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!