Didn't go over cal limits THXGIVING DAY success stories

Options

Replies

• Rocbola
    Rocbola Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    I under ate today. I ran a 5K, which made me very hungry, but i just had salad for Thanksgiving dinner, because it was the only dish that didn't have dead animals or animal secretions in it.
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    I under ate today. I ran a 5K, which made me very hungry, but i just had salad for Thanksgiving dinner, because it was the only dish that didn't have dead animals or animal secretions in it.

because that visual was necessary.
  • gungho66
    gungho66 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I ran FIVE MILES THIS MORNING!!! I have never ran that much or for so long. It was part of a Thanksgiving Turkey Trot in my area. My half-marathoner sister stayed with me and paced with me. :) It was about a 10:30-ish pace per mile. So proud of myself that I actually cried a bit.

I ate VERY well considering, even with all the extra calories I earned! I even overestimated the calories on food, just in case. I ate smaller portions and still had a wonderful time. I'm so thankful for this year in my life. I have had the best year of my 21 year old life! I love my family and I love everything about how this day has turned out.

This is why being fit has grown into a lifestyle for me, seeing the changes in people is awesome!
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options

Why did you just not take your own food?
  • Ivey05131980
    Ivey05131980 Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    I had 2 cals left! LOL! I indulged a little, my faves today were string bean casserole and homemade banana pudding!
  • jenniferillene
    jenniferillene Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Its a holiday..I took the day off from logging. I know I didnt stay under my calorie goal but I know I didnt eat half of what I could have eaten in the past years..I had 2 Thanksgivings to go too..only one small plate at each and skipped dessert at one of them..All in all one slice of pumpkin pie and cheesecake for the day! U have to live a little! ;)
  • kittenbobitten
    kittenbobitten Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! Congratulations to those who met their goals and stayed under today! For those who didn't, it is one day. :)

I ate under my calories by 5 calories. Then I went to the gym and did C25K and then walked an extra half hour. I knew I was going to get the late-night munchy-crunchies, so I just went ahead and went. Then later in the evening I DID in fact have that snack (in moderation) and stayed under my calories plus exercise calories.

Overall my day went pretty well. I am quite proud!
  • chubbygirl253
    chubbygirl253 Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    last night I pre-logged my holiday favorites, enough to have seconds, and dessert.

then I planned my workout for this morning. set my alarm for 6am.

snoozed till 7am and hightailed it to the Y. did my strength training and cardio. Had one heck of a workout!

had a late post-workout breakfast so I could skip lunch. Dinner at 3pm. REFUSED ALL OFFERS OF LEFTOVERS

ate till I was full. re-adjustedmy food log. I had been too generous and my eyes were bigger than my stomach. yay, spare calories.

went to a movie so I would be away from food and not feel like snacking or hitting the fridge.

came home and poured myself some more festive sangria (already logged) and spent most of my extra calories on cheesecake.

SUCCESSFUL THANKSGIVING!
  • Proyecto_AN
    Options
    Here in El Salvador, we do not celebrate thxgiving day.
  • toogsmom
    toogsmom Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I was able to stay under today and i have to say at the end of the day it was a wonderful day! Started off the day with a turkey trot 5k...and also ran back to our vehicle parked a mile away,that we had walked from to get to race....so 5 miles to start the day ! Then ate breakfast and lunch. At lunch i carried my 1/4 measuring cup with me and measured everything and only ate my faves!! Dessert consisted of 2 bites of pecan pie and 3 bites of choc cake but it was all just TOO RICH!!! Had to quit after that and not eat anymore! What a difference from the past!! So I am under my calorie limit that mfp set for me of 1200 calories a day by like 200 cal. So with those 200 cal and calories burnt from turkey trot..... at the end of the day i still have like 774 cal remaining!! Whoo hoo! Loved reading everyones sucess stories at the end of the day!!
  • Tikargirl
    Options
    I spent yestuday shopping and cooking. Got off to a late start and spent all day today cooking. Ate a small breakfast, light lunch, and reasonable dinner. Although I cooked all of the traditional Thanksgiving soulfood treats, I didn't overindulge at all. Only had one serving of everything, including sweet potatoe pie, and even left some food iin my plate. For some reason, after all that cooking, by dinner time I wasn't all that hungry; I was surprisingly full. But everything turned out fine, i stayed under my calorie goal,:happy: and I had a happy thanksgiving with my family. Thank God!
  • tobnrn
    tobnrn Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    This is so sad to me. I enjoyed every bite of the 3 dinners and huge breakfast I had. Almost 3000 cals later and regret none of it. Huge piece of pumpkin pie slathered in whipped cream, apple pie fresh out of the oven, pumpkin bundt cake with cream cheese frosting. Not slivers. Not just a bite. Nice big beautiful pieces. Yummy.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    This is so sad to me. I enjoyed every bite of the 3 dinners and huge breakfast I had. Almost 3000 cals later and regret none of it. Huge piece of pumpkin pie slathered in whipped cream, apple pie fresh out of the oven, pumpkin bundt cake with cream cheese frosting. Not slivers. Not just a bite. Nice big beautiful pieces. Yummy.

(Psst! Wrong thread. Here...try this one instead: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/803094-anyone-go-over-their-daily-calorie-limits-i-did )
  • tobnrn
    tobnrn Posts: 477 Member
    Options

(Psst! Wrong thread. Here...try this one instead: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/803094-anyone-go-over-their-daily-calorie-limits-i-did )

I knew I could count on you to point me in the right direction. :drinker:
  • Ivey05131980
    Ivey05131980 Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    LOL!
  • beansprouts
    beansprouts Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Stayed under on calories but went way over on sodium

Same here.
  • wildapril
    wildapril Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I was alone for Thanksgiving, so I decided what the hell ... I'll fast for a day.

It was miserable. I don't recommend it.
  • lovelyladyJ21
    lovelyladyJ21 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I did pretty good yesterday; I spent most of the day cooking and we had about 30 guests in our small house. There were a couple of times that I wanted to snack on the cake batter ;) but Instead I ate some grapes/cucumbers/bannanas.

I did have a piece of cake but it was a very small piece and even though it was amazingly good I only had one!!!

I stress that I never make enough food but in all reality I make enough food to feed an army ( which it did feed a whole 30 soldiers last night) with plenty of lefts overs. Which I sent a majority of it home with them but left enough for lunch and dinner today for my husband and I and our 2 kids.

I am very proud of myself!
  • ktsmom430
    ktsmom430 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    Started out with a light breakfast. Then, off to the 5K Turkey Trot/Walk, (I walked. My very first organized race after only getting back into excersising about 6 weeks ago).
    I tried a little of everything for dinner, with a healthy portion of turkey, and a glass of Riesling and dessert (healthy mini-pumpkin cheese cake) Stayed under calorie total for the day.
    Not big accomplishments for many here, but huge for me! Especially compared to a year ago. I am a little bit proud of myself, but I still have a ways to go.................next year...............more improvement?
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    Thank you one and ALL who posted to this thread--your success stories are so very cool to me and so VERY encouraging to me and a delight and joy for me to read. WOW...ALL of you guys just rock, period!

This is for you ALL :flowerforyou: :drinker: :heart::love::heart: :love: :drinker: :flowerforyou:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!